I’m a huge fan of holiday baking, especially when it involves chocolate! That’s why I love these Double Chocolate-Candy Cane Kiss Cookies. They’re the perfect combination of creamy chocolate and crunchy candy cane – and they look as festive and delicious as they taste. Plus, they’re so simple to make that even the beginner baker can whip up a batch in no time. So if you’re looking for a festive treat to share with family, friends, or just yourself, these Double Chocolate-Candy Cane Kiss Cookies are sure to be a hit!
Double Chocolate-Candy Cane Kiss Cookies Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 candy cane kisses, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped candy cane kisses.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy your delicious Double Chocolate-Candy Cane Kiss Cookies!
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Protein: 4g
- Sugar: 29g
- Sodium: 270mg
- Cholesterol: 70mg
What makes double chocolate-candy cane kiss cookies special?
Double Chocolate-Candy Cane Kiss Cookies are special because they combine two classic winter flavors – chocolate and peppermint – into a delicious cookie that is sure to get you into the holiday spirit! The combination of flavors creates a unique texture, with the crunchy candy cane pieces adding a delightful contrast to the soft and chewy cookie. The addition of chocolate pieces gives the cookies an extra burst of sweetness that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Plus, the festive red and white of the candy cane pieces make these cookies a festive treat that are sure to brighten up any holiday gathering.
How can double chocolate-candy cane kiss cookies add to a holiday celebration?
Double chocolate-candy cane kiss cookies can add a delicious and festive twist to any holiday celebration! With a delicious combination of sweet chocolate and peppermint flavors, these cookies are sure to be a hit for all your guests. Not only are these cookies sure to please, but they are also an easy and fun treat to make. Perfect for holiday parties, cookie exchanges, or a midnight snack, double chocolate-candy cane kiss cookies can be a festive and tasty addition to any occasion.
What are the benefits of baking double chocolate-candy cane kiss cookies?
Baking double chocolate-candy cane kiss cookies is a great way to spread some holiday cheer! Not only do they look and smell amazing, but they also offer a host of benefits, such as:
- A delicious combination of flavors – These cookies feature a unique blend of double chocolate and peppermint, making them the perfect combination of sweet and minty. Plus, the addition of candy canes adds an extra crunchy texture that everyone will love!.
- An easy cookie recipe – With only a few ingredients and minimal prep time, these cookies are a breeze to make. Plus, they’re sure to be a hit with family and friends alike.
- An economical treat – You don’t need to spend a lot of money to make these cookies. Most of the ingredients are probably already in your pantry, so you can save some money by making them at home.
- A healthy treat – Double chocolate-candy cane kiss cookies are a great way to get some added health benefits into your diet. The addition of dark chocolate and candy canes can provide essential antioxidants and minerals that are good for your body.
- A festive touch – These cookies are sure to put you in the holiday spirit. With their festive look and taste, they’re sure to bring some smiles to everyone who tries them.
What tips can you share to make the perfect double chocolate-candy cane kiss cookies?
Prepare the ingredients in advance – Measure and set aside the ingredients so that you’ll have everything you need before you start.
- Use a mixer – Pre-mix the butter and sugar until they’re light and fluffy before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Use quality ingredients – Make sure you use quality chocolate and candy cane. The quality of the ingredients will determine the quality of your cookies.
- Don’t overmix – Mix the ingredients just until they are combined and avoid overmixing, as this can lead to dense, tough cookies.
- Chill the dough – Chilling the dough will help keep the cookies from spreading while they bake.
- Get creative – Add some of your favorite ingredients to make your cookies unique. Consider adding chopped nuts, dried fruit, or mini marshmallows.
- Bake them until golden brown – The cookies should be baked until they are golden brown around the edges and still slightly soft in the center.
- Let them cool – Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy! – The best part about baking is getting to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
What type of ingredients go into making double chocolate-candy cane kiss cookies?
When it comes to Double Chocolate-Candy Cane Kiss Cookies, the ingredients list is definitely an exciting one! These delicious treats are made with cocoa powder, semi-sweet chocolate chips, butter, sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla extract, and of course, crushed candy canes. The combination of all these ingredients creates a delightful cookie that’s sure to please any sweet tooth.
The cocoa powder and chocolate chips lend an irresistible chocolate flavor to the cookies, while the crushed candy canes provide a sweet and minty twist. The butter, sugar, eggs, flour, and vanilla extract are the building blocks that help bring the cookie together. They provide the structure and texture that make these cookies so mouth-watering.
No matter what your favorite holiday cookie is, these Double Chocolate-Candy Cane Kiss Cookies will become a staple in no time. So get ready to bake up a batch and treat yourself to a delightful treat with a delicious combination of chocolate and peppermint.
How can you customize double chocolate-candy cane kiss cookies to make them unique?
You can customize Double Chocolate-Candy Cane Kiss Cookies to make them unique in so many ways! Start by playing around with different types of chocolate – choose from various cocoa percentages, white and dark chocolates, and chocolate chips. You can also use other types of candy canes such as peppermint or even add pieces of crushed up candy canes to the cookie dough. If you’re feeling creative, why not substitute the chocolate chips with other types of chips like butterscotch, peanut butter, or even raspberry! To top it all off, add a drizzle of white chocolate or a sprinkle of festive sprinkles.