Cherry Bell Cookies are a festive and delicious treat perfect for the holiday season! Made with butter, sugar, flour, salt, cherries, and almond extract, these cookies are sure to be a hit at your next holiday party!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cream or milk
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons cherry juice or maraschino cherry juice concentrate (or other fruit juice)
- 1 ½ cups chopped walnuts or pecans (optional) 60 maraschino cherries, halved
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and instant coffee. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in corn syrup, egg and cream until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well blended.
4. Roll out dough on a floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 2 1/2 inch rounds with a cookie cutter or glass cup turned upside down . Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
5 To Make Filling: Combine brown sugar, butter, cherry juice in a small saucepan over low heat . Stir in chopped nuts , chopped fine . Cook , stirring constantly , for about 3 minutes , or until mixture is smooth . Remove from heat . Cool slightly before using .
6 Place 1/2 teaspoon of filling in center of each round cookie dough cut-out . Shape into a bell by folding sides of dough up to meet over the filling , using spatula if necessary to help fold over sides evenly all the way around each filled cookie dough cut-out Make
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated fat: 3.5 g
- Unsaturated fat: 0 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Sugar: 8 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g Protein: 1.5