I’m a huge fan of Mexican food, so I was so excited when I stumbled across this recipe for Cheesy Chilada Casserole. With layers of tortillas, cheese, chicken, and a delicious homemade sauce, this casserole is sure to be a hit with your family. I’ve made this recipe countless times and it always comes out perfect. Give it a try and you’ll be sure to love it as much as I do!
Cheesy Chilada Casserole Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chili with beans, cream cheese, sour cream, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix together until ingredients are completely blended.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Spread half of the chili mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the diced green chiles, cheddar cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese over the chili mixture.
- Layer the remaining chili mixture over the cheese.
- Top with the tortillas, overlapping them slightly to cover the chili mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 615mg
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 24g
What makes this cheesy chilada casserole dish so delicious?
This cheesy chilada casserole dish is so delicious because it combines the perfect balance of hot and spicy flavors with hearty ingredients to create a creamy and savory meal. The dish starts with a layer of corn tortillas that are topped with a mixture of ground beef and diced chilies, then covered with a creamy layer of cheese and enchilada sauce. The casserole is then baked until the cheese is bubbling and the tortillas are crispy. The result is a hearty and satisfying dish that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
The key to making this cheesy chilada casserole dish so delicious is in the combination of flavors. The mild spice of the chilies is balanced by the richness of the cheese and the zesty flavor of the enchilada sauce. The ground beef adds a savory note to the dish while the crunchy tortillas provide a great texture. All of these flavors combine to create a hearty and flavorful meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Another key to making this cheesy chilada casserole dish so delicious is in the selection of ingredients. The dish uses fresh ingredients like the diced chilies and ground beef, as well as high-quality cheeses and enchilada sauces. Using these high-quality ingredients ensures that the flavors are as bold and vibrant as possible.
In addition to its delicious flavor, this cheesy chilada casserole dish is also incredibly easy to make. The dish can be prepared in just a few minutes, making it a great option for busy weeknights. The dish can also be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to four days, making it a great option for meal planning.
This cheesy chilada casserole dish is sure to become a family favorite. The combination of flavors, high-quality ingredients, and ease of preparation make it a great option for any occasion.
What are the benefits of making a casserole?
Making a casserole can save time and effort in the kitchen. With a casserole, you can usually prepare the ingredients ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake. This means you don’t have to worry about prepping multiple dishes for dinner.
- Casseroles are also a great way to get creative with leftovers. With just a few extra ingredients, you can turn old leftovers into a delicious, satisfying meal.
- Casseroles are also an excellent way to get a lot of nutrition in one meal. By combining several nutrient-rich ingredients, you can create a balanced meal that’s quick and easy to make.
- Finally, casseroles are a great way to feed a crowd. No matter what size group you’re cooking for, casseroles are a great way to make sure everyone is satisfied.
What tips can be given to make sure this dish turns out perfect every time?
Here are some tips to help ensure your Cheesy Chilada Casserole is perfect every time:
- Use the freshest ingredients possible. Fresh vegetables and herbs will give the dish a vibrant flavor.
- Preheat your oven before baking. This will ensure the dish is cooked evenly throughout.
- If you are using a pre-made cheese sauce, make sure to heat it up before adding it to the casserole. Warm cheese sauce will coat the ingredients more evenly.
- Make sure the casserole is covered with foil before baking. This will help keep the dish from drying out.
- Take the casserole out of the oven before it is completely cooked through. The residual heat will help finish off the cooking process.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving. This will help the flavors develop and the cheese will be easier to cut.
What ingredients are needed for this dish?
This cheesy chilada casserole dish requires a few key ingredients to bring out its delicious flavor. You will need ground beef, red enchilada sauce, soft tortillas, Mexican cheese blend, black beans, and corn. Additionally, you will need some staple seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin. Toppings to finish off the dish, such as chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, chopped fresh cilantro, and jalapeno slices are optional but recommended for a flavorful finish.
How can this cheesy chilada casserole be a healthy meal option?
This cheesy chilada casserole can be a healthy meal option with a few simple substitutions.
To make this dish a wholesome and nutritious meal, start by using lean ground turkey or chicken instead of beef and substitute black beans for refried beans. This will reduce fat and add more fiber and protein to the dish. Additionally, opt for reduced-fat cheese and a low-sodium enchilada sauce, both of which are easily accessible in most grocery stores.
To up the vegetable content, consider adding bell peppers, onions, and corn into the mix. You can also incorporate leafy greens, such as spinach or kale, to the casserole or serve them alongside. This will add a good dose of vitamins and minerals to your meal.
For a healthier and more balanced dish, serve it with a side of whole wheat tortillas, brown rice, or quinoa. You can also top it with Greek yogurt or avocado to add a creamy texture and boost the nutritional content.
With these few tweaks, you can turn this cheesy chilada casserole into a healthy and delicious meal that is sure to please the whole family.
What other toppings can be added to this dish to make it even more flavorful?
Adding extra toppings to a Cheesy Chilada Casserole can really elevate the flavors and textures of the dish. Toppings such as jalapenos, diced tomatoes, black beans, and sour cream can be added to the casserole to give it a Mexican flair. For a more savory flavor, diced onions and bell peppers, shredded lettuce, and cilantro can be added. For a sweeter flavor, diced pineapples, mangoes, and peaches can be used. To add more crunch, crushed tortilla chips, toasted nuts, and crumbled bacon can be sprinkled on top. Whatever toppings you choose, they will make this already delicious dish even tastier.