I’m a huge fan of fries, and I’m always looking for new ways to enjoy them. That’s why I’m so excited to share this recipe for Baked Celery Root Fries. Not only are they delicious and addicting, they’re also easy to make and require minimal ingredients. I’ve been making this recipe for years, and it never fails to impress my friends and family. If you’re looking for a unique and tasty side dish, these Baked Celery Root Fries are definitely worth a try!
Baked Celery Root Fries Recipe
- 1 large celery root
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Let’s get cooking! This delicious recipe for Baked Celery Root Fries will only take about an hour.
- First, preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Next, you’ll want to wash and peel your celery root.
- Then, cut it into thin strips — about 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the celery root strips to the bowl and toss to coat them in the seasoning mixture.
- Spread the celery root strips on a baking sheet, making sure they aren’t overlapping.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping the strips once halfway through.
- Let the celery root fries cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 9.2g
- Sodium: 310mg
- Carbohydrates: 23.1g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 2.9g
What is celery root and why is it a healthier alternative to regular fries?
Celery root, also known as celeriac, is a low-carb root vegetable that makes a great alternative to French fries. It has a naturally sweet and nutty flavor, with a slightly crunchy texture that makes it excellent for baking. Plus, it’s much healthier than regular fries!
But why is celery root a better option than regular fries? First of all, it’s lower in carbohydrates, so it’s a great choice for anyone watching their carb intake. It’s also packed with vitamins and minerals, including potassium, magnesium, and vitamin C, making it a great choice for those looking for a nutrient-dense snack.
Celery root also has fewer calories than regular potatoes, making it a great option for those looking for a lighter snack. It also has a lower glycemic index than potatoes, making it a better choice for those looking to regulate their blood sugar levels.
Finally, celery root fries are much easier to make than regular fries. All you need to do is slice the celery root into thin strips, coat them in olive oil and seasonings, then bake them in the oven. This makes them a much quicker and simpler snack than regular French fries.
So if you’re looking for a healthier alternative to regular fries, celery root is definitely worth a try. It’s lower in carbs, calories, and glycemic index, and it’s also packed with vitamins and minerals. Plus, it’s much easier to make than regular French fries.
How do you prepare celery root for baking?
Preparing celery root for baking is easy! Start by scrubbing the outside to get rid of any dirt or residue.
- Cut off the top and bottom of the root and peel away the outer skin to reveal the white flesh.
- Slice the root into fries of your desired thickness.
- Place the fries on a lightly greased baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt and any other seasonings of your choice.
- Bake at 400°F for 30-40 minutes, or until the fries are golden and crispy.
What are some tips for ensuring your baked celery root fries come out crispy and delicious?
Cooking celery root fries in the oven can be tricky but with the right tips, you’ll be sure to get the crispy delicious result you’re after. Here are a few tips to help you get the perfect baked celery root fries:
- Cut the celery root into thin, even slices. If the slices are too thick, they won’t get crispy.
- Use oil or butter when baking. This will help the fries get nice and crispy.
- Preheat the oven and use a high temperature. High heat helps the fries cook quickly and ensures they get crispy.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet. If the fries are too close together, they won’t get crispy.
- Flip the fries halfway through cooking. This will help them cook evenly and get crispier.
- Add some seasoning. Salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you like will make your fries even tastier.
- Let the fries cool for a few minutes before serving. This will help them stay crispier.
What ingredients are necessary for this recipe?
If you’re ready to make some delicious Baked Celery Root Fries, all you need are a few simple ingredients. You’ll need two medium-sized celery roots, two tablespoons of olive oil, one teaspoon of salt, and one tablespoon of garlic powder.
Celery root is a delicious, versatile vegetable – and it’s the star of these fries! You’ll want to make sure to choose two medium-sized celery roots. The size of the celery root can make a difference in the final product, so it’s important to select the right size.
Next, you’ll need two tablespoons of olive oil. This will help to give the fries a nice, crispy texture.
To give the fries a bit of flavor, you’ll need one teaspoon of salt and one tablespoon of garlic powder. The salt brings out the flavor of the celery root, and the garlic powder adds a nice, savory flavor.
What type of baking dish should you use?
When it comes to making baked celery root fries, you should definitely reach for a baking dish! A baking dish is the perfect vessel for baking your fries to a crisp and golden perfection. Plus, it keeps all of your delicious celery root fries together, so you don’t end up with a single limp french fry in the bunch.
When it comes to what type of baking dish to use, the best option is usually a large rectangular dish. This allows you to spread out the fries so that they get nice and crispy. A 9-inch by 13-inch dish is a good size for most recipes. You can also use a smaller square dish if you prefer, but you’ll need to adjust your cooking time accordingly.
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to a traditional baking dish, you can always use an oven-safe sheet pan. This will give you the same crispy results, but with less oil or butter — and a lot less clean-up! Just be sure to line the pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
What temperature should the oven be set to?
When it comes to oven temperatures for baking celery root fries, you want to make sure to set your oven to 400°F. This will give your fries a crispy, golden-brown exterior that tastes delicious! You can also experiment with different oven temperatures, such as 375°F or 425°F, to see which one works best for you. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
Once you’ve prepped your celery root fries (see our blog for a step-by-step guide on how to do so!), you’ll want to make sure your oven is preheated to 400°F. This temperature is key to getting the perfect fries. It will ensure that your fries will be crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside.
It’s also important to spread your fries out on a baking sheet. This will allow them to cook evenly and ensure that they get crispy on all sides. Make sure you don’t overcrowd the baking sheet, as this will prevent the fries from crisping up properly.
When it comes to baking celery root fries, setting your oven to 400°F is the key to success! With this temperature, your fries will come out perfectly crispy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside, just the way you like them.
How long should you bake the celery root fries?
If you want to enjoy the most delicious baked celery root fries, the baking time is key. You’ll want to bake them for about 25 minutes, or until the fries are golden brown and crispy. Be sure to keep an eye on them while they’re baking, as they can easily burn if they stay in the oven too long.
Once you’ve prepped and seasoned your celery root fries, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Place your fries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes. Then, turn the fries over and bake for another 10 minutes. At this point, you should check to see if they’re golden brown and crispy. If not, bake for a few more minutes.
When your fries are done, take them out of the oven and enjoy. Baked celery root fries are a delicious, healthy alternative to traditional fried fries, and the perfect side dish for your favorite meals.