This recipe is for a delicious and healthy fruit crisp that is perfect for fall. It features apples, cranberries, and pears, which are all in season during autumn. This dish is easy to make and can be enjoyed as a dessert or breakfast.
- 2 Rome Beauty apples, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 2 Comice pears, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts or pecans (optional) // I’m not a fan of nuts in my crisps so I would omit this ingredient but if you like them feel free to add them! // 1/2 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8 inch baking dish.
2. Mix the apples, pears, cranberries, 1 tablespoon flour, honey, and lemon juice in the prepared dish.
3. In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, oats, walnuts, and butter to the consistency of coarse crumbs. Sprinkle loosely over the fruit mixture.
4. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven or until brown and crisp on top
- Calories: 402
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated fat: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 36 mg
- Sodium: 107 mg
- Potassium: 239 mg
- Carbohydrates: 60 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar 31 g // I would cut back on the sugar in this recipe, maybe only use 1/4 cup or even less. With the honey and fruit it will be plenty sweet! //