I’ve been making this pan-grilled zucchini with lemon pepper recipe for years, and it’s one of my favorite summer dishes. It’s light, flavorful, and always a hit with my family and friends. The combination of the zucchini’s subtle sweetness, tangy lemon juice, and freshly ground pepper is just perfect. Plus, this recipe is so easy to make – it only takes a few minutes to prepare, and a few minutes to cook.
Pan-Grilled Zucchini With Lemon Pepper Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the lemon-pepper seasoning over the zucchini slices and season with salt.
- Place the zucchini slices in the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for an additional 5 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- Once the zucchini is tender and lightly browned, remove from the skillet and serve. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 74
- Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 6.75g
- Protein: 1.75g
- Sodium: 165mg
What other vegetables go well with pan-grilled zucchini?
When it comes to pan-grilling zucchini, many vegetables pair well and add a flavor boost to the dish. Some of the best vegetables to serve alongside pan-grilled zucchini are bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and tomatoes. Each of these vegetables can be quickly pan-grilled with the zucchini and seasoned with lemon pepper for a delicious and nutritious side dish.
Bell peppers are a great addition to pan-grilled zucchini. They provide a crunchy texture and a variety of colors to the dish. They can be sliced into strips and added to the pan with the zucchini. To bring out their sweetness, the bell peppers should be cooked until they are lightly charred.
Mushrooms are another flavorful and healthy vegetable to serve with pan-grilled zucchini. They have a meaty texture and a savory flavor that pairs perfectly with the lemon pepper seasoning. They can be sliced and added to the pan with the zucchini. Be sure to cook the mushrooms until they are golden brown and tender.
Onions are an essential ingredient for pan-grilled zucchini. They add sweetness and flavor to the dish. They can be chopped and added to the pan with the zucchini. Cook the onions until they are soft and caramelized for maximum flavor.
Garlic adds a robust flavor to pan-grilled zucchini. It can be minced and added to the pan with the other vegetables. Cook the garlic until it is golden brown and fragrant.
Tomatoes are a great addition to pan-grilled zucchini. They provide sweetness and a touch of acidity to the dish. They can be diced and added to the pan with the zucchini. Cook the tomatoes until they are soft and bursting with flavor.
These vegetables all pair well with pan-grilled zucchini and can be quickly cooked in the same pan. For a delicious and nutritious side dish, season the vegetables with lemon pepper and serve with your favorite main dish.
What are the health benefits of eating pan-grilled zucchini?
Eating pan-grilled zucchini offers a range of health benefits, including:
- Increased dietary fiber: Zucchini is one of the healthiest vegetables, and it is packed with dietary fiber that can help improve digestion. This can help you feel full for longer and help regulate bowel movements.
- Improved heart health: Zucchini is a great source of minerals like magnesium and potassium, which have been linked to improved cardiovascular health.
- Reduced inflammation: Zucchini contains anti-inflammatory compounds that can help reduce inflammation in the body, which can help reduce the risk of many diseases, such as arthritis and cancer.
- Improved eye health: Zucchini is a great source of vitamin A, which is necessary for healthy vision. Vitamin A can help protect your eyes from age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Improved bone health: Zucchini is a great source of vitamin K, which is important for bone health. Vitamin K can help reduce bone loss and help protect against osteoporosis.
- Weight management: Eating zucchini can help boost weight loss, as it is low in calories and rich in dietary fiber. It also helps to reduce food cravings and keep you feeling full for longer.
- Improved immune system: Zucchini is a great source of vitamin C, which is essential for a healthy immune system. Vitamin C helps to fight off infections and can help reduce the risk of developing certain diseases.
How does the lemon pepper seasoning enhance the flavor of pan-grilled zucchini?
Lemon pepper seasoning adds a unique flavor to pan-grilled zucchini. Its combination of tangy lemon, spicy black pepper, and other herbs and spices provide a zesty, savory flavor that enhances the taste of the zucchini.
Benefits of Lemon Pepper Seasoning:
- Citrusy lemon adds brightness and acidity to the zucchini, creating a balanced flavor.
- Black pepper adds a spicy kick that pairs well with the mellow flavor of the zucchini.
- Herbs and spices, such as garlic, onion, and oregano, add a layer of complexity to the dish.
Tips for Using Lemon Pepper Seasoning:
- Sprinkle the seasoning onto the zucchini slices before grilling to ensure that it adheres to the zucchini.
- Use a light hand when adding the seasoning to avoid overpowering the flavor of the zucchini.
- For added flavor, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice over the finished dish.
What are the best cooking techniques to make pan-grilled zucchini?
Pan-grilling zucchini is a great way to bring out its flavor and texture, adding a delicious touch to any dish. The best cooking techniques for pan-grilling zucchini are to lightly season the slices before grilling, get the pan hot before adding the zucchini, and then cook the slices until they become tender and lightly browned.
When preparing the zucchini, it’s important to make thin slices so that they cook evenly and quickly. Sprinkle some salt and freshly ground black pepper over the slices before grilling. This will help enhance their flavor.
Once the zucchini has been lightly seasoned, heat a pan over high heat for a few minutes before adding the zucchini. The high heat will help caramelize the sugars in the zucchini, giving it a nice flavor. After adding the zucchini to the pan, cook it for about 5 minutes on each side, flipping the slices to ensure even cooking.
When the zucchini is lightly browned and tender, it’s ready to be served. If desired, you could also sprinkle some freshly grated lemon zest and freshly ground black pepper over the slices right before serving.
Using these simple techniques, you can enjoy a delicious pan-grilled zucchini side dish. The high heat caramelizes the natural sugars in the zucchini, while the seasoning and lemon zest add a flavorful touch.
How can you make pan-grilled zucchini a meal?
Making Pan-Grilled Zucchini a meal is easy! With just a few simple ingredients, you can transform this side dish into a delicious and nutritious main course.
The first step is to choose the right ingredients. Zucchini is a great base for a meal as it is low in calories and full of vitamins and minerals. To add flavor, add some diced onion, garlic, and herbs. For a bit of crunch and extra nutrition, try adding nuts or seeds.
Next, create a flavorful marinade or sauce. For a simple marinade, combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and pepper. For a creamier sauce, blend together plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs.
Once your ingredients are prepped, it’s time to cook your zucchini. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add some olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the zucchini and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
Finally, assemble your meal. Start with a bed of greens and top with the pan-grilled zucchini, diced onion, garlic, and herbs. Drizzle with your chosen marinade or sauce, then sprinkle with nuts or seeds. Serve warm and enjoy!
By following these easy steps, you can turn a simple side dish into a hearty and flavorful meal. Try experimenting with different ingredients and flavors to keep your Pan-Grilled Zucchini interesting and delicious.