When it comes to Latin cuisine, Huevos Endiablados has always been one of my favorites. Growing up, I would often wake up to the smell of my mother’s Huevos Endiablados cooking in the kitchen. The aroma of the peppers and eggs mixed together always brought me comfort and joy.
Now, as an adult, I am excited to share my mother’s recipe with you. Not only is this dish delicious, but it is also incredibly easy to make. I invite you to try this recipe for yourself and experience the same comfort and joy that I have for years.
Huevos Endiablados Recipe
- 1 (4 ounce) can tuna packed in oil, drained
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, onion, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, garlic, smoked paprika, and salt.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl, then beat them with a whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg mixture to the tuna mixture and stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Grease a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour the egg and tuna mixture into the baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through and the top is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with additional smoked paprika and serve warm. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 200
- Total Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 140 mg
- Sodium: 510 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 1 g
- Protein: 21 g
What makes huevos endiablados a popular mexican dish?
Huevos Endiablados is a popular Mexican dish because of its unique combination of flavors and textures. The dish consists of fried eggs served with a spicy tomato sauce, chorizo sausage, and bell peppers. The spiciness of the dish paired with the savory chorizo and sweet bell peppers creates a flavorful and dynamic meal. Additionally, the convenience of it being a one-pot dish makes it popular amongst Mexican households. The ease of preparation and the delicious flavors make Huevos Endiablados a popular Mexican dish.
What are some tips for making huevos endiablados?
Start by prepping the ingredients: hard-boiled eggs, tomato sauce, chili peppers, onion, garlic, and cilantro.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Gently remove the yolks from the egg whites and set aside.
- In a pan, sauté the chili peppers, onion, and garlic until fragrant.
- Add the tomato sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the egg whites to the pan and simmer for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Using a spoon, scoop the egg yolks onto the egg whites and spoon the tomato sauce over them.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve hot.
What health benefits can be derived from eating huevos endiablados?
Eating Huevos Endiablados can bring many health benefits, including:
- Improved Digestion: The combination of eggs and chili peppers in Huevos Endiablados is rich in dietary fiber, which can help to improve digestion. The chili peppers also contain capsaicin, a compound that has been linked to better digestion and reduced inflammation.
- Heart Health: The eggs in Huevos Endiablados are a great source of protein, which has been linked to improved heart health. Additionally, the chili peppers contain Vitamin C, which can help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Immune System Support: The chili peppers in Huevos Endiablados are rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, which can help to support the immune system. Additionally, eggs contain zinc, which is essential for a healthy immune system.
- Weight Loss: Eating Huevos Endiablados can help to promote weight loss due to the combination of protein and dietary fiber in the dish. The capsaicin in the chili peppers may also help to increase metabolism and reduce appetite, making it easier to maintain a healthy weight.
In addition to the health benefits, Huevos Endiablados are also a delicious and nutritious meal. Eating them regularly can help to improve overall health and wellness.
What are the key flavor components of this dish?
The key flavor components of Huevos Endiablados include spicy chorizo sausage, creamy avocado, tangy queso fresco, and tart lime juice. These flavors combine for a delicious, savory breakfast that is sure to wake up your taste buds.
Chorizo sausage is the star of this dish, providing a bold, spicy flavor that is balanced out by the mild avocado and queso fresco. The combination of these ingredients creates a hearty and comforting dish. The tartness of the lime juice adds a refreshing acidic element that helps to bring all of the flavors together.
The combination of these ingredients makes Huevos Endiablados a flavorful and satisfying breakfast. The spicy chorizo and creamy avocado provide a delicious flavor base while the tart lime juice adds just the right amount of zing. The queso fresco helps to bring all of the flavors together, creating a dish that is sure to please the palate.
Whether you’re looking for a hearty breakfast or a light lunch, Huevos Endiablados is sure to satisfy. With its bold flavors and perfect balance of ingredients, it’s no wonder this dish is a favorite among Latin American cultures. So the next time you’re in the mood for something unique and flavorful, try Huevos Endiablados and experience the delicious combination of these key flavor components.
How can huevos endiablados be served as part of a mexican feast?
Huevos endiablados, which are a type of Mexican dish featuring fried eggs, can be served as part of a Mexican feast in a variety of ways. The traditional way to serve huevos endiablados is to fry the eggs in a skillet with melted butter or oil, and top them with a spicy chili-tomato salsa. This salsa can be made in advance and kept refrigerated until ready to serve. For a more substantial meal, huevos endiablados can be served with a side of refried beans and warm tortillas. To further round out the spread, other Mexican-style dishes such as tacos, burritos, or enchiladas can be added. For a light but satisfying meal, huevos endiablados can be served with a green salad and some freshly cut cilantro. To add a touch of sweetness to the meal, a dessert of churros or flan is a perfect choice. No matter how they are served, huevos endiablados can make a delicious and unique addition to any Mexican feast.