I love a good omelet for breakfast and I’m always looking for ways to mix it up. That’s why I’m so excited to share my favorite recipe for a delicious scrambled egg omelet. This omelet is packed with flavor and so easy to make, it’s become my go-to for a quick and tasty breakfast.
Scrambled Egg Omelet Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated sharp white Cheddar cheese
- Crack three large eggs into a medium bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil, a pinch of salt, a pinch of cayenne pepper and the chopped fresh herbs (thyme, marjoram and parsley).
- Whisk the ingredients together until the eggs are completely combined and have a consistent texture.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and stir continuously with a heatproof spatula until the eggs are almost cooked through.
- Sprinkle the grated sharp white Cheddar cheese over the scramble and continue stirring until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Transfer the scramble to a plate.
- Enjoy your Scrambled Egg Omelet!
- Serving size: 1 omelet
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Protein: 20g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Cholesterol: 300mg
How can you add extra finesse to your scrambled egg omelet?
Adding extra finesse to your scrambled egg omelet is easy and can elevate your omelet to the next level. To make your omelet even more flavorful, there are several ingredients you can add-in.
Cheese is a classic omelet addition and provides a creamy, salty flavor. Grated parmesan, cheddar, Swiss, or even feta can all be mixed in with your eggs while they’re cooking. Alternatively, you can add a few slices of cheese over the top of your cooked omelet instead.
Vegetables are another great addition to your omelet. Spinach, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, and zucchini are all tasty additions that can provide both texture and flavor. For a richer flavor, you can sauté vegetables first, or even add a few spoonfuls of your favorite salsa.
Finally, for a boost of protein, adding cooked bacon, sausage, or ham to your omelet is sure to be a crowd pleaser. If you’d like to add a bit of crunch, you can sprinkle some crushed potato chips over the omelet as well.
Whatever ingredients you choose to add to your omelet, it’s sure to be delicious. With a few extra touches, your scrambled egg omelet will be a surefire hit.
What are the benefits of making a scrambled egg omelet?
The benefits of making a scrambled egg omelet are numerous. Here are some of the top benefits:
- Quick and easy to make: Scrambled egg omelets are easy to make and can be ready in a matter of minutes. All you need to do is whisk some eggs and cook them in a pan.
- High in protein: Eggs are an excellent source of protein and an omelet made with eggs is no exception. This makes it a great choice for a healthy breakfast or snack.
- Filling but low in calories: An omelet made with eggs is a great way to fill up without consuming too many calories.
- Versatile: Omelets can be customized to suit any taste. Add cheese, vegetables, meats, or other ingredients to create your own delicious omelet.
- Perfect for breakfast: An omelet made with eggs is a great choice for breakfast, as it’s quick and easy to make and can be filled with ingredients to suit any taste. It’s also a great way to start your day on a nutritious note.
What techniques can you use to ensure your scrambled egg omelet is perfectly cooked?
To ensure your scrambled egg omelet is perfectly cooked, there are several techniques you can use.
First, make sure you use the right ingredients. This means using fresh eggs, cheese, and herbs, and ensuring your ingredients are of the highest quality. You can also add a few tablespoons of milk or cream to the eggs to make them fluffier.
Second, use a non-stick pan to cook the omelet. Make sure the pan is preheated before adding the eggs, and use a medium-low heat setting to cook them. Additionally, use a rubber spatula to constantly stir the eggs while they’re cooking. This will help ensure they’re evenly cooked and don’t stick to the pan.
Third, once the eggs are nearly cooked, add the cheese and herbs. This will ensure the cheese is melted and the herbs are evenly distributed. Then, fold the omelet in half and let it cook for an additional minute to ensure the ingredients are properly cooked.
Finally, once the omelet is cooked, you can serve it with a side of toast, fresh fruit, or a green salad. This will add more flavor and texture to the dish.
By following these techniques, you can ensure your scrambled egg omelet is perfectly cooked every time.
What are the key differences between a scrambled egg omelet and a regular omelet?
The key difference between a scrambled egg omelet and a regular omelet lies in the way the eggs are prepared. In a regular omelet, the eggs are beaten and poured into a hot pan, then folded over to form a semi-circle. With a scrambled egg omelet, the eggs are lightly beaten and then poured into a hot skillet and cooked until lightly brown. This results in a light, fluffy texture as opposed to the flat, dense texture of a regular omelet. Additionally, a scrambled egg omelet may contain additional ingredients such as vegetables, cheese, and herbs, while a regular omelet is typically just eggs. Finally, a scrambled egg omelet is often served with toast or a side dish, while a regular omelet is usually eaten alone.
How can you make a vegetarian-friendly version of a scrambled egg omelet?
Making a vegetarian-friendly version of a scrambled egg omelet is easy! All you need to do is substitute eggs with a vegan-friendly alternative such as tofu or chickpea flour. Once you have your vegan ingredient of choice, you can prepare the omelet just as you would prepare a regular scrambled egg omelet.
To make a tofu omelet, simply crumble one block of firm tofu into a bowl and season with spices of your choice. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the crumbled tofu. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tofu is lightly browned. Add in diced vegetables such as onions, peppers, and mushrooms, if desired. Cook for another few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened. Finally, pour the tofu mixture into a preheated omelet pan and cook for about 5 minutes, until the omelet is set and lightly browned.
For a chickpea flour omelet, mix together one cup of chickpea flour with one cup of water in a bowl. Season with spices of your choice. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the chickpea flour mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is lightly browned. Add in diced vegetables such as onions, peppers, and mushrooms, if desired. Cook for another few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened. Pour the mixture into a preheated omelet pan and cook for about 5 minutes, until the omelet is set and lightly browned.
Whether you opt for a tofu or chickpea flour omelet, you can enjoy a delicious and nutritious vegetarian-friendly version of a scrambled egg omelet.