Delicious Hawaiian Coconut Mochi Cake Recipe
I’m so excited to share with you my favorite recipe: Hawaiian Coconut Mochi Cake! Whenever I make this cake, it’s sure to be a hit. The combination of sweet coconut and chewy mochi creates a scrumptious and unique texture that will have your taste buds dancing. It’s the perfect way to add a tropical twist to an old favorite. Plus, it’s surprisingly easy to make, so don’t be intimidated by the list of ingredients. I can guarantee that you won’t regret making this delicious dessert!
Hawaiian Coconut Mochi Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup mochiko (rice flour)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in the shredded coconut, mochiko, water, coconut milk and coconut extract until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve your delicious Hawaiian Coconut Mochi Cake! Enjoy!
- Total Calories: 598
- Total Fat: 28 g
- Saturated Fat: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 108 mg
- Sodium: 496 mg
- Carbohydrates: 78 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Sugar: 36 g
What is hawaiian coconut mochi cake and why is it so delicious?
If you’re looking for a unique and delicious Hawaiian-style dessert, look no further than Hawaiian Coconut Mochi Cake. This delicious cake is made from sweet rice flour, coconut flakes, and a variety of other ingredients, resulting in a deliciously chewy and coconutty treat. The cake is not only delicious, but also gluten-free and vegan-friendly, making it the perfect dessert for almost any occasion.
The main ingredients in Hawaiian Coconut Mochi Cake are sweet rice flour, coconut flakes, sugar, and water. The sweet rice flour gives the cake its unique chewy texture, while the coconut flakes add a delectable layer of flavor and texture. The sugar adds sweetness and the water helps bind the ingredients together. Once all the ingredients are mixed together, the cake is cooked in the oven until golden brown and slightly crisp on the outside.
The result is a delicious and unique cake that is sure to be a hit with everyone. The coconut mochi cake has a wonderfully chewy texture, while the coconut flakes give it a delightful flavor. The sweet rice flour adds a subtle sweetness that is not overpowering. The cake is also surprisingly light and fluffy, making it a great option for an after-dinner dessert.
So if you’re looking for a unique and delicious dessert, Hawaiian Coconut Mochi Cake is definitely worth a try. Its chewy texture and delightful coconut flavor make for a truly unforgettable treat. Plus, it’s vegan-friendly and gluten-free, making it the perfect dessert for almost any occasion.
What are the main ingredients that make this cake so special?
You’ll find that the Hawaiian Coconut Mochi Cake is packed with amazing flavors! The traditional recipe calls for a delightful combination of mochiko (rice flour), coconut milk, sugar, and baking powder. Together, these ingredients create a delicious mochi cake that’s soft, fluffy, and bursting with sweet coconut flavor!
The key to this cake’s unique taste and texture lies in the mochiko. This type of rice flour is made from glutinous rice and is used in many popular Japanese desserts. It’s what gives the cake its signature chewiness and lightness. Plus, it’s gluten-free and perfect for those with dietary restrictions.
The coconut milk also adds its own delicious flavor, as well as a creamy texture. Not to mention, it’s a great way to add moisture to the cake. Then, you can’t forget about the sugar. This helps to make the cake sweet and gives it a perfect balance of flavors.
In addition to these main ingredients, you can also add a hint of vanilla extract and shredded coconut for a delicious topping. All of these ingredients work together to create this amazing Hawaiian Coconut Mochi Cake.
What tips do you have for mastering this classic hawaiian treat?
Mastering Hawaiian Coconut Mochi Cake is a great way to experience the unique flavors of Hawaii and impress your family and friends. Here are some tips to help you on your journey of mastering this classic Hawaiian treat:
- Start with making the mochi. Mochi is a type of rice cake made with glutinous rice that is pounded into a paste, then shaped into individual mochi pieces. To create a smooth and fluffy mochi texture, use a blender or food processor to grind the glutinous rice into a fine powder.
- Create the coconut filling. The classic Hawaiian Coconut Mochi Cake requires a sweet and savory coconut filling. To make the filling, combine shredded coconut, sugar, and water. Cook over low heat until it forms a thick paste.
- Assemble the mochi. Take a piece of mochi and flatten it into a thin pancake-like disc. Place a spoonful of the coconut filling in the center and wrap the edges of the mochi around the filling. Secure the edges with a toothpick.
- Bake the mochi. Place the assembled mochi pieces on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Once the mochi has baked, you can drizzle them with honey, or any other desired topping.
- Enjoy your Hawaiian Coconut Mochi Cake! Once all of the mochi pieces are baked and cooled, serve them with a dollop of ice cream or any other desired topping.
What are the steps for making hawaiian coconut mochi cake?
Making Hawaiian Coconut Mochi Cake is a breeze! All you need to do is follow these simple steps and you’ll be enjoying a delicious treat in no time.
First, preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
Next, in a medium bowl, combine two cups of mochiko rice flour, one cup of sugar, one teaspoon of baking powder, and one teaspoon of baking soda. Whisk them together until everything is evenly distributed.
In a separate bowl, mix one can (14 ounces) of coconut milk, two tablespoons of butter, one teaspoon of vanilla extract, and two large eggs. Whisk until everything is well-combined.
Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool completely before cutting.
To finish, top the cake with a layer of sweetened coconut flakes and serve.
How can you customize this cake to make it even more special?
You can customize this Hawaiian Coconut Mochi Cake to make it even more special in a variety of ways! For a decorative touch, try adding edible flowers or fresh fruit on top of the cake. You can also make it even more flavorful by experimenting with different extracts and spices. For example, try adding a hint of almond or orange extract, or a dash of cinnamon or cardamom. To take it to the next level, you could try infusing the cake with different alcohols or liqueurs to give it an extra kick.