Delicious Creamed Corn Casserole – Quick & Easy Recipe
I’ll be honest, I was never a huge fan of creamed corn until I tried this Easy Creamed Corn Casserole recipe. The combination of sweet corn, creamy cheese, and crispy bacon was like a flavor explosion in my mouth! It’s a simple, delicious dish that has quickly become a family favorite. I can’t wait for you to try it!
Easy Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups corn, fresh or canned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and stir to combine.
- Slowly add 2 cups of half-and-half or whole milk and whisk until the mixture has thickened.
- Now add the 4 cups of corn (fresh or canned), 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and some freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Stir the mixture until everything is combined and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the creamed corn mixture to a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the top is lightly browned.
- Let the casserole cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 225kcal
- Total Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 31.3mg
- Sodium: 301.3mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 24.8g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugars: 6.7g
- Protein: 6.2g
What makes this creamed corn casserole special?
This creamed corn casserole is special because it’s incredibly easy to make, it’s irresistibly delicious, and it’s guaranteed to be a hit at your next gathering. It takes just minutes to prepare before it’s ready to be popped into the oven, and the combination of sweet corn, creamy cheese, and crunchy topping creates a mouthwatering dish that’s sure to please. Plus, it’s made with common ingredients that you can pick up at your local grocery store, so you don’t have to go out of your way to grab something special. All in all, this creamed corn casserole is an easy, tasty, and surefire crowd-pleaser.
What tips can you share for making this creamed corn casserole?
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 can of cream-style corn, 1 can of regular corn, 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup melted butter, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the casserole is golden brown on top and bubbling around the edges.
- Let the casserole cool for 10 minutes before serving.
What ingredients are needed to make this creamed corn casserole?
Making this delicious creamed corn casserole is so easy! You’ll need 1 can of creamed corn, 1 can of whole kernel corn (drained), 1 cup of sour cream, 1/3 cup melted butter, 1/2 cup of onion (diced), 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 2/3 cup of crushed Ritz crackers and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. That’s all you need!
Now, let’s get started. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix creamed corn, kernel corn, sour cream, melted butter, onion, and garlic powder. In a separate bowl, mix crushed Ritz crackers with cheese. Grease a 9×13 casserole dish, then pour the creamed corn mixture into it. Top with the cracker-cheese mixture. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.
How long does it take to prepare this creamed corn casserole?
It only takes about 10 minutes to prepare this delicious creamed corn casserole! This easy recipe is a great way to get a tasty dish on the table in a jiffy. All you need is a few ingredients, a casserole dish, and a few minutes of prep time. The result is a creamy, flavorful casserole that’s sure to become a hit with the whole family.
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the casserole dish with butter and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream of celery soup, milk, and butter. Pour in half the cream mixture into the greased casserole dish. Add the thawed, drained corn, and the remaining cream mixture. Sprinkle the top with cheese and top with crushed crackers.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. When finished, the casserole should be lightly golden and bubbling. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
What are some creative ways to customize this dish?
If you’re looking to give your Easy Creamed Corn Casserole dish a little extra something special, there are lots of creative ways to customize it! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Spice it up: Add a few dashes of cayenne pepper or chili powder for a bit of extra zing.
- Add crunch: Sprinkle some crushed up tortilla chips or breadcrumbs on top before baking.
- Add a cheesy element: To give your casserole a cheesy flavor, top it off with grated parmesan cheese or a few slices of Swiss cheese.
- Go veggie-crazy: Mix in some cooked broccoli, bell peppers, or mushrooms for added nutrition and flavor.
- Try a different cheese: If you’re not a fan of Swiss or parmesan, try using cheddar, mozzarella, or even blue cheese.
- Make it creamy: Add a dollop of sour cream or a sprinkling of cream cheese to the top of the dish.
- Add a kick of flavor: Top it off with some cooked crumbled bacon, diced ham, or sauteed ground beef.
How can you make this creamed corn casserole stand out from other dishes?
If you’re looking to make your creamed corn casserole stand out from the rest, then you’ve come to the right place! This easy to make dish can be enhanced with a few simple additions that will add flavor and texture to your already delicious casserole. Try adding some chopped peppers or onions for a bit of crunch, or even a sprinkle of cheese for that extra cheesy flavor. You can also add some extra seasonings, like thyme or rosemary, to give your casserole an extra pop of flavor.