I’m excited to share my recipe for Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Quiche. It’s a favorite in my family and always a hit when I make it for guests. I remember the first time I made it I was really nervous, but it came out so delicious that I’ve been making it ever since. Crispy bacon, gooey cheese, and a flaky crust come together to make a flavorful and satisfying quiche. It’s perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner – give it a try and you won’t be disappointed!
Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Quiche Recipe
- 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Place the unbaked pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate, and press it into the sides of the plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper. Mix together until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour the bacon and cheese mixture into the pie crust and spread out evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix together the heavy cream and milk. Pour over the bacon and cheese mixture.
- Place the pie plate onto a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the center of the quiche is set and the top is golden brown.
- Remove the quiche from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 545
- Total Fat: 39g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Cholesterol: 218mg
- Sodium: 998mg
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 19g
What ingredients are needed to make a bacon and cheddar cheese quiche?
To make a bacon and cheddar cheese quiche, you will need a few simple ingredients: eggs, half-and-half, bacon, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper, and pie crust.
The first step is to pre-bake the pie crust, so it’s ready to receive the egg and cheese filling. To do this, preheat your oven to 375°F and place the crust in a 9-inch pie pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes and allow it to cool.
Next, you can start preparing the filling. Start by cooking the bacon in a skillet. Once it’s cooked to your desired crispness, remove it from the heat and set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, salt, and pepper.
Once the crust has cooled, spread the bacon and grated cheddar cheese evenly in the bottom of the crust. Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and cheese.
Finally, place the quiche in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the center is set. Allow the quiche to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
With these simple steps, you can enjoy a delicious bacon and cheddar cheese quiche in no time.
What are the benefits of making a bacon and cheddar cheese quiche?
The benefits of making a bacon and cheddar cheese quiche are numerous.
- It is a delicious, savory dish that can be served as breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- It is very versatile and can be made in advance, which makes it ideal for entertaining.
- Bacon and cheddar cheese are both nutrient-rich ingredients, providing essential vitamins and minerals.
- The combination of the two adds a rich, creamy texture to the quiche that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
- Quiche is a great way to use up any leftovers in the refrigerator, such as cooked bacon, vegetables, and cheese.
- It can be easily customized according to individual tastes and preferences.
- It is a relatively inexpensive dish to make, and it only requires a few basic ingredients.
- It is quick and easy to prepare, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
How do you store a bacon and cheddar cheese quiche?
Storing a Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Quiche correctly will help ensure it stays fresh and delicious. Here are the best steps to take when storing a Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Quiche:
- Refrigerate: Immediately store the quiche in the refrigerator once it has been cooked and cooled.
- Wrap: Wrap the quiche in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to help keep its freshness.
- Label: Label the quiche with the date it was made.
- Freeze: If you won’t be eating your quiche within a couple of days, consider freezing it for longer term storage. Make sure to wrap the quiche tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a resealable freezer bag.
- Reheat: When you’re ready to enjoy your quiche, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before reheating it in the oven.
What are the steps involved in making a bacon and cheddar cheese quiche?
Making a bacon and cheddar cheese quiche is a simple and tasty dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Here are the steps involved in making a delicious bacon and cheddar cheese quiche:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 9-inch deep dish pastry shell and place in an ungreased 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 3 eggs, 1 cup of milk, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and a dash of pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese in the bottom of the pastry shell, followed by 1/2 cup of cooked, chopped bacon.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and bacon and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Let the quiche cool before serving.
What are some variations of a bacon and cheddar cheese quiche?
The variations of bacon and cheddar cheese quiche are almost endless! Whether you prefer a classic recipe, a hearty southwestern version, or a lighter, vegetarian-friendly option, there is something for everyone. Here are some of the most popular variations of bacon and cheddar cheese quiche:
- Classic Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Quiche: This is the traditional quiche that most people think of. It consists of a flaky crust filled with bacon, eggs, heavy cream, and cheddar cheese. It can be served hot or cold, for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Southwestern Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Quiche: This variation adds a bit of a kick with the addition of jalapenos, bell peppers, and cumin. It’s perfect for breakfast or brunch, and can easily be served as an appetizer or main dish.
- Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Quiche with Spinach: This version adds a healthy twist by incorporating spinach into the filling. It’s a great way to get your greens in while still enjoying the flavor of bacon and cheddar cheese.
- Vegetarian Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Quiche: If you’re looking for a vegetarian-friendly option, this variation is perfect. It uses meat-free bacon, dairy-free cheese, and eggs to make a flavorful quiche that everyone in the family will enjoy.
No matter which variation you choose, you’re sure to enjoy a delicious bacon and cheddar cheese quiche. From classic to vegetarian, there are so many delicious options to choose from.
What are some ways to serve a bacon and cheddar cheese quiche?
Serving a bacon and cheddar cheese quiche is a surefire way to please any crowd. Here are some creative and delicious ways to serve this classic dish:
- Slice it into wedges and serve with a side salad. Enjoy the classic combination of bacon, cheese and egg on its own or with a light vinaigrette or creamy mustard dressing.
- Cut the quiche into cubes and serve it as a warm appetizer with toothpicks.
- Make a quiche sandwich by slicing it in half and adding some lettuce, tomato, and a dressing of choice.
- Crumble the quiche and put it atop your favorite salad.
- Cut the quiche into small squares and serve it as a brunch item with mimosas.