I’m a big fan of citrus desserts, so when I first tried Grapefruit Curd, I was in love. The tangy flavor of the grapefruit combined with the creamy texture of the curd was unlike anything I had ever tasted before. The perfect balance of sweetness and zestiness makes this recipe a surefire hit for any occasion. I can’t wait for you to try it and experience the same amazing flavor I did!
Grapefruit Curd Recipe
- 3 large grapefruits
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Hey there! Let’s make some delicious Grapefruit Curd! Here’s what you’ll need:
- large grapefruits
- /2 cup granulated sugar
- /4 cup butter (softened)
- large eggs
- /4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Ok, let’s get started! First, zest two of the grapefruits, reserving the zest in a bowl. Then, juice all three grapefruits and strain the juice into a medium-sized pot.
- Next, add the sugar to the pot and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Place the pot over medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer. Once it’s simmering, add the butter and stir until melted.
- Now add the egg yolks to the pot, one at a time, stirring continuously. Once all the egg yolks are added, turn the heat down to low and continue to stir the mixture for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the reserved zest, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt. Stir the mixture until everything is combined.
- Finally, remove the pot from the heat and let the curd cool. Once cooled, you can enjoy your Grapefruit Curd! Enjoy!
- Calories: 400
- Total Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 105 mg
- Sodium: 140 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 48 g
- Protein: 7 g
What type of curd is grapefruit curd?
Grapefruit curd is a delicious and unique type of curd. It is made with a combination of grapefruit juice, butter, sugar and eggs for a rich, creamy and tangy flavor. The tartness of the grapefruit juice is balanced against the sweetness of the sugar and the richness of the butter, creating a truly unique and flavorful curd. It can be used to top toast, pancakes and other desserts, or as a filling for cakes and cupcakes.
What ingredients are needed to make grapefruit curd?
If you’re looking to make a delicious, zesty grapefruit curd, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients that you can find in most grocery stores. To make a batch of grapefruit curd, you’ll need:
- egg yolks
- /2 cup of white sugar
- /2 cup of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- tablespoons of butter
- Zest of 1 grapefruit
Making the curd is a simple process that only takes about 15 minutes. Start by whisking together the egg yolks and sugar in a medium-sized saucepan. Then add the grapefruit juice and butter, and place the saucepan over medium heat. Cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until it thickens. Make sure to not let the mixture boil. Finally, stir in the grapefruit zest. Let the mixture cool before serving.
Now you have a delicious grapefruit curd that you can enjoy with toast, scones, or other treats.
What are the benefits of making grapefruit curd?
Grapefruit curd is a delicious and unique treat that offers a range of benefits for people who love to bake! Here are some of the top benefits of making grapefruit curd:
- Unique Flavor: Grapefruit curd has a delightfully tart and tangy flavor that’s different from other citrus curds like lemon or lime. This makes it a great choice for flavoring cakes, pies, and other desserts.
- Easy to Make: Grapefruit curd is surprisingly easy to make and requires just a few ingredients. Even beginners can make delicious curd in no time!.
- Versatility: Aside from being delicious on its own, grapefruit curd can be used in a variety of recipes. For example, it’s a great addition to crepes and other breakfast dishes, and it can also be used to top cupcakes or muffins.
- Health Benefits: Grapefruit is full of vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for your health. Eating a little bit of grapefruit curd on a regular basis can help to boost your immune system and keep your body running smoothly.
Making grapefruit curd is a simple and delicious way to enjoy the health benefits of this citrus fruit.
What are some tips for making grapefruit curd?
Start by zesting a grapefruit to get the flavorful oils that will give your curd a unique taste and smell. You can do this with a grater or zester!
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl.
- In a separate pan, heat the grapefruit juice and butter until the butter melts.
- Slowly add the egg yolk mixture to the pan with the grapefruit juice and butter and whisk together. Continue to heat the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until it begins to thicken.
- Add the grapefruit zest and continue to cook for about two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and strain the curd through a fine mesh strainer.
- Allow the curd to cool before transferring it to a jar or container. Refrigerate the curd and enjoy!.
Making grapefruit curd is a great way to bring a unique flavor to your desserts.
How long does it take to make grapefruit curd?
Making grapefruit curd is surprisingly easy, and it only takes about 30 minutes! To make this delicious citrusy treat, you’ll need 4 egg yolks, 2/3 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of fresh grapefruit juice, and 4 tablespoons of butter.
First, you’ll want to whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a medium saucepan until the mixture is smooth. Then, add the grapefruit juice and butter, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. This should take about 15 minutes. Once the curd is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, remove it from the heat and pour it into a bowl.
Now all you have to do is let the curd cool, and then you’re ready to enjoy it! You can spread the curd onto toast, spoon it over ice cream, or serve it with scones.
What are some ways to serve grapefruit curd?
Grapefruit curd is an incredibly delicious and versatile dish that can be used in a variety of ways! Here are some of the most popular ways to serve grapefruit curd:
- As a topping for pancakes, waffles, and French toast. Grapefruit curd adds a sweet and tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with these breakfast favorites.
- As a filling for cakes and cupcakes. Grapefruit curd is a great way to add a unique flavor to any baked good.
- As a dip for fruit or other finger foods. Grapefruit curd is a great way to liven up the flavor of fresh fruit or savory snacks.
- On toast with a sprinkle of sugar. Grapefruit curd on toast is a classic combination that is sure to delight any palate.
- As a topping for ice cream or frozen yogurt. Grapefruit curd adds a tart sweetness that pairs wonderfully with cool desserts.