These Cape Cod Oatmeal Cookies are a classic New England cookie. They are made with whole wheat flour, dark brown sugar, butter, and oats. These cookies are chewy and have a hint of molasses flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 11/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup white sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 6 Tbsp melted butter, cooled slightly
- 1 egg beaten well with a fork
- 3 Tbsp milk of choice
- 2 tsp molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
3. Stir in the rolled oats, sugar, raisins (or other dried fruit), chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips), and chopped walnuts or pecans (optional).
4. Pour in the melted butter, egg beaten well with a fork , milk of choice , and molasses . Mix until everything is well combined.
5. Drop dough by teaspoon 1-1/2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet . Make the cookies small so they will bake evenly.
6. Bake for 12 minutes or until browned around the edges . Let cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 107
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated fat: 2.5 g
- Unsaturated fat: 0 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein 2g