I’m a big fan of salads and this Butternut Squash Caprese Salad is one of my absolute favorites. It has a unique combination of flavors that really stands out. The butternut squash adds a subtle sweetness, while the tomatoes and mozzarella give it a classic Caprese flavor. Plus, it’s quick and easy to make, so it’s perfect for a busy weeknight or a last-minute get-together. Give it a try, and you won’t be disappointed!
Butternut Squash Caprese Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the cubed butternut squash on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper over the butternut squash.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- While the butternut squash is roasting, cube the mozzarella cheese and prepare the mixed greens, tomatoes, and basil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar and honey.
- In a large bowl, toss together the roasted butternut squash, mozzarella cheese, mixed greens, tomatoes, and basil.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and honey mixture over the salad and toss to combine.
- Enjoy your delicious Butternut Squash Caprese Salad!
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 8.5g
- Carbohydrates: 18.5g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Sodium: 314mg
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 7g
What makes this butternut squash caprese salad so special?
What makes this Butternut Squash Caprese Salad so special? Well, first of all, it’s the perfect combination of flavors and textures. The sweetness of the butternut squash is balanced by the tanginess of the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. The creamy, crumbly feta cheese adds a nice salty contrast to the mix. And the toasted pine nuts give it a delightful crunch. All these elements come together in this delicious, colorful dish that is sure to please everyone.
Not only is this Butternut Squash Caprese Salad incredibly delicious, it’s also incredibly healthy. It’s packed with vitamins and minerals from the butternut squash and tomatoes, and it contains healthy fats from the feta cheese and pine nuts. And since it’s made without any added sugar or unhealthy oils, it’s a great option for those looking for a lighter, healthier meal.
This Butternut Squash Caprese Salad is also incredibly versatile. You can serve it as a side dish, a light lunch, or a main course. And thanks to its mix of flavors, you can customize it to suit your taste. Add some chopped herbs, a sprinkle of chili flakes, or a drizzle of olive oil to give it an extra kick.
So, what makes this Butternut Squash Caprese Salad so special? Its perfect blend of flavors and textures, its health benefits, and its versatility. This dish is sure to be a hit at any gathering, and it’s sure to become a regular in your kitchen.
How do you prepare the butternut squash and tomatoes for this salad?
To prepare the butternut squash and tomatoes for this delicious Butternut Squash Caprese Salad, follow these easy steps:
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Cut the butternut squash into small cubes and spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over the squash and mix to combine.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Remove and let cool.
- Slice the tomatoes and set aside.
- Once the squash is cooled, add it to the tomatoes in a bowl and mix together.
What tips do you have for creating the perfect butternut squash caprese salad?
You can create the perfect butternut squash caprese salad with the following tips:
- Make sure to choose a ripe butternut squash with a firm outer skin. Peel and cube the squash and season it with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Roast the cubes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes until they are golden brown and tender.
- Use fresh, ripe tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella into thick slices.
- Arrange the roasted squash cubes and slices of tomatoes and mozzarella on a large plate, alternating the ingredients one after the other. Drizzle the salad with a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with freshly chopped basil leaves.
- For a zesty twist, add a few tablespoons of balsamic glaze on top of the salad.
- Serve the salad freshly prepared.
What are the ingredients you need for this delicious salad?
If you’re looking to make a delicious Butternut Squash Caprese salad, you’re going to need some simple ingredients. You’ll need some butternut squash, cherry tomatoes, basil, mozzarella cheese, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
To start, you’ll want to begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, chop your butternut squash into cubes, spread them on a baking tray, and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes, or until the cubes are golden brown and tender.
While the squash is roasting, you can prepare the other ingredients. Slice the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese into thin slices. Chop up some fresh basil leaves. In a small bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper to create the dressing.
Once the butternut squash is done roasting, let it cool. Then, in a salad bowl, combine the squash cubes, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil.
What kind of dressing do you use to bring out the flavors of the salad?
When it comes to Butternut Squash Caprese Salad, you want to use a dressing that’s going to bring out all the amazing flavors of the ingredients. A great option is a simple balsamic vinaigrette – it brings out the sweetness of the butternut squash, the acidity from the tomatoes, and the creaminess of the mozzarella. Plus, it’s easy to make and pairs well with any salad.
To make your own vinaigrette, whisk together three tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and one tablespoon of olive oil. Add a teaspoon of dijon mustard, a pinch of salt, and some freshly ground black pepper. Whisk it all together until it’s smooth, and it’s ready to go.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try other dressings as well. A creamy tahini dressing gives the salad a nutty flavor and complements the sweet squash. A classic Italian dressing brings out the acidity of the tomatoes and gives the salad an extra kick.
No matter what dressing you choose, Butternut Squash Caprese Salad will be a hit with your family or guests. With the right dressing, the flavors of the salad will be brought to life and you’ll have a delicious side dish that complements any meal.
What other toppings can you add to this already delicious salad?
You can never go wrong with adding a bit more flavor to a delicious butternut squash caprese salad! To make this already amazing dish even tastier, you can top it off with some extra ingredients like crumbled feta, roasted garlic, or toasted nuts. If you’re looking for something a bit more tangy, you can add some balsamic vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice. If you want a bit of a kick, why not sprinkle some chili flakes or freshly ground pepper? For a creamy touch, toss on some parmesan or blue cheese crumbles. The possibilities are endless! With all these extra toppings, you can make your butternut squash caprese salad something truly special.