This cookie is my take on the classic White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie. I’ve added dried cranberries to the dough and used white chocolate chips instead of macadamia nuts. The result is a delicious, chewy cookie with bursts of tart flavor from the cranberries and rich sweetness from the white chocolate.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips OR butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (OR any other desired nut)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. Cream together white sugar, light brown sugar and butter (do not use shortening). Stir in slightly beaten eggs and vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture until just mixed.
5. Stir in vanilla chips, macadamia nuts and dried cranberries.
6. Drop dough on an ungreased cookie sheet by small scoop or rounded teaspoon 7 Bake in preheated oven until cookies are just set, about 10 minutes 8 Remove from oven and let cool Cookies will sink slightly
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g