Oatmeal bars are a delicious, nutritious snack that can be enjoyed any time of day. This recipe for frosted oatmeal bars is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. The bars are packed with fiber and protein, making them the perfect fuel for your body. Enjoy them as a quick breakfast on the go or an afternoon snack to keep you going until dinner.
- 1. Rolled oats: Use certified gluten-free rolled oats to make this recipe safe for those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
- 2. Brown sugar: Use unrefined brown sugar for a richer flavor and more molasses content.
- 3. Butter: Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- 4. Honey: Use raw, unfiltered honey for its health benefits and antioxidants.
- 5. Chocolate chips: Choose high-quality chocolate chips that are at least 60% cacao for the best flavor and health benefits.
- 6. Peanut butter: Select natural peanut butter without added sugars or oils
In a medium bowl, combine the rolled oats, brown sugar, butter, and honey. Microwave on high for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 minutes or until bubbly, stirring twice.
Spread the honey mixture in an 8 x 8 inch pan. Cool in the refrigerator.
In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until the chips are soft, stirring once. Spread over the cookie mixture. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 cookie bar
- Calories: 107
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated fat: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
- Sodium: 40 mg
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Sugar 6.8