I’m a big fan of fried chicken, but I don’t always feel like dealing with the mess of oil. That’s why I love this oven-fried chicken thigh recipe. It has all the delicious flavors of fried chicken, but without the hassle. With a few simple ingredients, you can make a flavorful, crunchy, and juicy dinner that everyone will love. Plus, it’s ready in less than an hour.
Oven-Fried Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3 large eggs
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper, divided, or to taste
- 2 pinches garlic powder, divided, or to taste
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, panko bread crumbs, 1 pinch of cayenne pepper, 1 pinch of garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- In a separate shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- Dip each chicken thigh into the egg mixture and then into the flour mixture until fully coated.
- Place the chicken thighs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the remaining cayenne pepper and garlic powder over the chicken thighs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve the oven-fried chicken thighs hot. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh
- Calories: 234
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 94 mg
- Sodium: 97 mg
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Protein: 23 g
Explore how to cook perfectly crispy oven-fried chicken thighs
Cooking perfectly crispy oven-fried chicken thighs is easy when you know the right techniques. Using a combination of the right ingredients, a good quality oven, and a few simple steps, you can create a delicious and healthy dinner in no time. Here is how to cook perfectly crispy oven-fried chicken thighs.
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
The first step to perfect oven-fried chicken thighs is preheating the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. This will ensure the chicken is cooked evenly and not overcooked.
Step 2: Prepare the Chicken Thighs
The next step is to prepare the chicken thighs. Start by rinsing them off with cold water and patting them dry with a paper towel. Then, season them with a combination of your favorite spices and herbs. Try garlic powder, oregano, thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Step 3: Create the Breading
Next, create the breading. In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and spices. Dip each thigh in the breading, making sure to coat all sides.
Step 4: Place on a Baking Sheet
Once the chicken is breaded, place it on a greased baking sheet. Make sure to leave enough space between the thighs so they cook evenly.
Step 5: Bake
Bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Once it is cooked through, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
By following these steps, you can easily create perfectly crispy oven-fried chicken thighs that are sure to be a hit with family and friends.
Health benefits of oven-fried chicken thighs
Oven-fried chicken thighs offer a range of health benefits, including:
- High protein content: Chicken thighs are an excellent source of protein, providing essential amino acids that are necessary for building and maintaining muscle mass.
- Low fat content: Oven-fried chicken thighs are lower in fat than other chicken cuts, making them a healthier alternative.
- High iron content: Chicken thighs contain a high amount of iron, which helps to keep the immune system healthy and prevent anemia.
- Vitamin B6: Chicken thighs are a great source of vitamin B6, which helps the body to break down proteins and carbohydrates.
- Healthy fats: The skin of the chicken thigh contains healthy fats that can help to reduce cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Vitamin A: Chicken thighs are packed with vitamin A, which helps to boost the immune system and promote healthy vision.
- Zinc: Zinc is an essential mineral that helps to maintain a healthy immune system and promote healthy growth and development.
Tips for making oven-fried chicken thighs flavorful
Marinate the chicken thighs in a mixture of your favorite herbs and spices.
- Sprinkle a bit of garlic powder, smoked paprika, and onion powder over the chicken before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and season the chicken with salt and pepper before baking.
- Place the chicken thighs on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- For extra crispy and flavorful chicken, turn on the broiler for the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Serve with a side of roasted vegetables for a complete and healthy meal.
Compare oven-fried chicken thighs to traditional fried chicken thighs
When it comes to comparing oven-fried chicken thighs to traditional fried chicken thighs, there are a few key differences. Oven-fried chicken thighs are a healthier alternative to traditional fried chicken thighs, as they are cooked in the oven rather than deep-fried in oil. Additionally, oven-fried chicken thighs are often lighter in flavor and texture than traditional fried chicken thighs. However, traditional fried chicken thighs tend to be juicier and have a more intense flavor.
Oven-fried chicken thighs are simpler to make than traditional fried chicken thighs, as they do not require a large amount of oil or a deep-fryer. To make oven-fried chicken thighs, the chicken pieces are typically coated in a mixture of flour, seasonings, and herbs, then oven-baked until they are golden brown and crispy. This method of cooking results in a healthier version of fried chicken, as it is cooked without the added fat and calories of oil.
Traditional fried chicken thighs are made by coating the chicken pieces in a mixture of flour, seasonings, and herbs, then deep-frying in oil until they are golden brown and crispy. This method of cooking results in a juicier and more intensely flavored chicken than oven-fried chicken. However, this method also involves a lot of fat and calories, making it a less healthy alternative to oven-fried chicken.
In conclusion, oven-fried chicken thighs are a healthier alternative to traditional fried chicken thighs, as they are cooked without oil and have a lighter flavor. However, traditional fried chicken thighs tend to be juicier and have a more intense flavor. Ultimately, the choice between oven-fried chicken thighs and traditional fried chicken thighs depends on the diner’s personal preference.
The ease of making oven-fried chicken thighs
Making oven-fried chicken thighs is an easy process that requires minimal ingredients and steps. All you need is a few chicken thighs, some spices, oil, and an oven. Follow these simple steps to demonstrate the ease of making oven-fried chicken thighs.
Begin by preheating the oven to 375°F. Then, place the chicken thighs in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Rub the chicken thighs down with oil and sprinkle with your favorite spices. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, then turn the oven up to 425°F and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Once the chicken thighs are cooked through and browned on the outside, remove them from the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving. That’s all it takes to make delicious oven-fried chicken thighs.
This simple recipe requires few ingredients and steps, making it a great option for busy weeknights or when you’re looking for a quick and easy meal. With a flavorful and crispy result, oven-fried chicken thighs are sure to be a hit with the whole family. Give this easy recipe a try and you’ll see just how effortless it is to make oven-fried chicken thighs.