I absolutely love making my own homemade salad dressings. There’s something special about being able to create a delicious dressing that’s completely unique and can be used to add flavor to any meal. One of my favorite dressings to make is my Mixed Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette. This recipe is incredibly easy to make and gives salads a delicious and unique flavor. The combination of sweet berries and tangy balsamic vinegar is truly irresistible. Try this simple recipe and you’ll never buy store-bought dressing again!
Mixed Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Gather all the ingredients you need to make the Mixed Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette. You’ll need 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup raspberries, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- In a blender or food processor, add the extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, blueberries, raspberries, honey, Dijon mustard, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Blend the ingredients together until they are fully combined and the dressing is smooth.
- Your Mixed Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette is now ready to enjoy! Serve it over your favorite salad or use it as a marinade for chicken or fish.
- Bon Appetite! Enjoy your delicious Mixed Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette!
- Calories: 108
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 97mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 7g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 1g
What makes this mixed berry balsamic vinaigrette so special?
This Mixed Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette is something special! Not only is it bursting with juicy berries, but it also has a wonderful balance of sweet and savory that really sets it apart. The combination of sweet berries, tangy balsamic vinegar, and aromatic herbs makes it a true standout.
What types of foods pair best with this mixed berry balsamic vinaigrette?
For the Mixed Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette, you can’t go wrong pairing it with a variety of salads, fruits, and vegetable dishes. The sweet and tart berry flavors pair perfectly with a classic green salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, and feta cheese. For a heartier dish, try it with a roasted vegetable salad, like a roasted beet and goat cheese salad. It also pairs nicely with grilled chicken or salmon, adding a delicious and flavorful kick.
For a side dish, a mixed berry balsamic vinaigrette goes great with a quinoa salad. For a summertime treat, try it with grilled peaches or pineapple – the sweet and tangy berry flavors will bring out the natural sweetness of the fruit. And don’t forget about fruit salads! A mixed berry balsamic vinaigrette is the perfect touch to give your fruit salad a unique and delicious twist.
No matter what you choose to pair your mixed berry balsamic vinaigrette with, you’re sure to enjoy the delicious combination of sweet and tart berry flavors. It’s an easy and flavorful way to add some excitement to your favorite dishes.
How does the combination of sweet and sour flavors add complexity to this dressing?
The combination of sweet and sour flavors in the Mixed Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette creates a unique and complex flavor profile. The combination of tart and sweet berry notes, along with the pungent taste of balsamic vinegar, gives this dressing a distinctive flavor that is sure to tantalize the taste buds. Here’s how the combination of sweet and sour flavors adds complexity to this dressing:
- Sweetness from the berries: The sweetness of the berries adds a pleasant and refreshing flavor to the dressing.
- Sourness from the balsamic vinegar: The balsamic vinegar provides a tart and acidic kick to the dressing.
- Balance of sweet and sour: The combination of sweet and sour flavors creates a delicate balance that is both flavorful and appealing.
- Complex flavor profile: The combination of sweet, sour, and tart flavors creates a complex flavor profile that is sure to tantalize the taste buds.
The Mixed Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette is a perfect example of how the combination of sweet and sour flavors can create a unique and complex flavor profile.
What nutritional benefits can be gained from eating this dressing?
Eating Mixed Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette offers a variety of nutritional benefits.
- First, it’s made with balsamic vinegar, which is a great source of antioxidants. Antioxidants help protect our bodies from free radicals, which can cause damage to cells.
- The dressing is also low in fat and cholesterol, making it a great choice for those looking to maintain a healthy weight or manage their cholesterol levels.
- In addition, this delicious dressing is packed with vitamins and minerals from the mixed berries, including vitamin C and potassium.
- Finally, the dressing is gluten-free, so it’s a great choice for those with gluten sensitivities.
Overall, Mixed Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette is a delicious, nutritious dressing that offers a variety of health benefits.
How easy is it to make this mixed berry balsamic vinaigrette at home?
It’s super easy to make mixed berry balsamic vinaigrette at home! All you need is a few simple ingredients, a blender, and a few minutes of your time. With this recipe, you’ll be able to whip up a delicious and healthy dressing that can be used in salads, over grilled vegetables, or even as a marinade.
What other delicious variations can be made with this mixed berry balsamic vinaigrette?
Yes! There are so many delicious variations you can make with this Mixed Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette. Let’s explore some of the tastiest recipes you can make with this versatile dressing.
To start, you can use this as a marinade for grilled chicken, pork, or fish. The tartness of the balsamic and the sweetness of the berries will add an amazing flavor to your favorite grilled meat. You can also add a sprinkle of fresh herbs for an extra layer of flavor.
This dressing is also a great addition to a spinach salad. Toss in some dried cranberries, almonds, and a few slices of fresh strawberries and you have a delicious and nutritious meal. You can also add feta cheese for a bit of extra creaminess.
For a delicious and easy side dish, try a berry and balsamic roasted vegetable medley. Toss in your favorite vegetables, like Brussels sprouts, carrots, and onions, and then drizzle the vinaigrette over the top. Roast until everything is cooked through and enjoy!
You can also use this Mixed Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette as a dip for fresh crudité. Vegetables like celery and bell peppers pair perfectly with this sweet and tart dressing. It’s a great appetizer or snack before dinner.
As you can see, there are lots of delicious variations you can make with this Mixed Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette. Whether you’re looking for a marinade, salad dressing, dip, or side dish, this dressing is sure to be a hit.