I’ve been baking Chocolate Pecan Pie for years, and it’s become a family favorite. The sweet, nutty flavor of the pecans combined with smooth, rich chocolate make this pie a decadent treat that everyone loves. The best part is, it’s surprisingly easy to make! I’ll show you how to whip up this delicious dessert in no time.
Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
45 to 50 mins
95 to 100 mins
- 1 (9-inch) prepared pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place your prepared pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, light corn syrup, melted butter, flour, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the center of the pie is set.
- Let the pie cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious Chocolate Pecan Pie!
- Calories: 467, Fat: 23.2g, Carbohydrates: 58.4g, Protein: 4.7g, Sodium: 161mg, Sugar: 21.6g
What is the history behind chocolate pecan pie?
Chocolate Pecan Pie has a rich history that dates back to the 1930s. It was first created in the southern United States, where it quickly became a beloved classic dessert. Over the years, it has become a favorite of many families, who enjoy baking and serving it during special occasions. The recipe has changed over the years, but the classic combination of chocolate and pecans remains the same.
Chocolate Pecan Pie was originally created in the 1930s by a woman named Ruth Wakefield. After experimenting with different ingredients, she decided to combine chocolate chips, butter, sugar, and pecans to create this delicious dessert. The combination of sweet and salty flavors was a hit! Her recipe quickly spread throughout the south, where it quickly gained popularity.
Today, Chocolate Pecan Pie is a beloved dessert in many parts of the world. It is often served during holiday meals and special occasions. The recipe has evolved over the years, with some variations including coconut, marshmallows, and other ingredients. No matter the variation, the classic combination of chocolate and pecans remains the same.
Chocolate Pecan Pie has been a beloved dessert for decades, and its popularity continues to grow.
How do you ensure a flaky, crunchy crust?
Get your oven hot! Preheat it to 375°F for an optimal crispiness.
- Roll your dough thin. The thinner, the better the crunch.
- Brush your crust with an egg wash before baking. This will give it a golden brown color and a glossy shine.
- Use parchment paper to line your pan. It will help prevent sticking and ensure a flaky crust.
- Bake your pie for about 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let it cool completely before serving. This will help keep the crunchy texture.
What tips do you have for making a perfectly gooey filling?
For a perfectly gooey filling, start with the right ratio of ingredients. A good rule of thumb is 2 ounces of cornstarch per 1 quart of liquid.
- Make sure that all of your ingredients are at room temperature before you start. If everything is cold, it can cause lumps in the filling.
- Don’t overmix! Stirring too much can cause your filling to be too thick.
- Cook your filling until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. This will ensure that it’s gooey when cooled and baked.
- Let your filling cool before adding any eggs. If the filling is too hot, it can cause the eggs to scramble.
- If you want an extra gooey filling, add some extra butter at the end and stir until it’s melted. This will help the filling stay extra creamy and delicious.
- Lastly, don’t be afraid to experiment! You can always tweak the ingredients and ratios to get the perfect gooeyness you’re looking for.
What are the key ingredients needed to make a delicious chocolate pecan pie?
Making a delicious chocolate pecan pie is easier than you think! All you need are a few key ingredients to get the perfect flavor and texture. To make a delicious chocolate pecan pie, you’ll need chocolate, pecans, butter, sugar, eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla extract.
To start, you’ll need to melt some butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add in your chocolate and stir until it’s completely melted and combined with the butter. Take the saucepan off the heat and let the chocolate and butter cool down.
Next, combine the pecans, sugar, eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Pour the cooled chocolate and butter mixture into the bowl and stir until everything is well combined.
Once the filling is ready, pour it into a greased pie dish and bake it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes.
What toppings can be added to elevate a chocolate pecan pie?
When it comes to elevating a delicious chocolate pecan pie, there are so many topping possibilities! From sugary glazes and sweet sauces to creamy drizzles and crunchy toppings, the options are endless. Here are just a few ideas on how to top off your chocolate pecan pie to make it even more delectable:
- A simple and classic glaze is always a great choice. You can make a glaze with a combination of butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder. Brush the glaze over the top of the pie for an added sweetness and crunch.
- If you’re looking for something a bit more indulgent, try a caramel sauce. Melt some butter and brown sugar together in a saucepan and then add cream, vanilla extract, and salt for a rich and creamy sauce that will take your pie to the next level.
- For a bit of crunch, try adding some chopped nuts or chocolate chips. Sprinkle the toppings over the top of the pie and then bake for a few minutes until the nuts are toasted and the chocolate chips are melted.
- For an extra special touch, try making your own whipped cream. Whip together some heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form and then pipe or dollop the cream over the top of the pie.
What are the best ways to serve chocolate pecan pie?
Serving chocolate pecan pie is an absolute delight! The perfect combination of sweet and nutty, it’s definitely a crowdpleaser. There are a few different ways to serve this delicious treat that will have everyone asking for seconds.
For a classic presentation, simply slice and serve the pie as is with a scoop of ice cream. This option is great for easy serving and will still bring out the amazing flavors of the pie. If you’re looking for something a little more creative, you can try topping the pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce. This adds a little extra sweetness and pizzazz that everyone will love.
Finally, if you’re feeling really adventurous, you can try making mini pies or pie cups. These individual servings are a great way to get creative and have some fun with presentation. You can make the mini pies in a muffin tin or use pre-made pie cups. Top them with a little whipped cream and some crushed pecans, and they’ll be as delicious as ever.
No matter how you choose to serve it, chocolate pecan pie is sure to be a hit. With these serving ideas, you can give your favorite dessert a fun twist that will make it even more enjoyable.