I’m so excited to share this incredible Watermelon Mojito Granita recipe with you! I made it for the first time last summer and it quickly became a favorite of mine. The tartness of the lime and sweetness of the watermelon work perfectly together to create a refreshing and unique summertime treat. The granita is so easy to make, and the best part is that you can make it ahead of time and just store it in the freezer until you’re ready to serve it.
Watermelon Mojito Granita Recipe
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup white rum
- 3 leaves fresh mint
- Start by cutting the watermelon into small cubes.
- In a blender, combine the watermelon cubes, water, sugar, and rum. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl and pour the blended mixture through the sieve. Discard any solids.
- Pour the strained mixture into a shallow dish or baking pan. Place the pan in the freezer for about 4 hours or until the granita is frozen.
- When the granita is frozen, use a fork to scrape and break it into small pieces.
- Muddle the mint leaves in a bowl.
- Place the muddled mint leaves in the frozen granita and mix until well combined.
- Place the granita back in the freezer for another 2 hours or until completely frozen.
- When ready to serve, scoop the granita into glasses and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 47
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 0g
What flavors does a watermelon mojito granita offer?
A Watermelon Mojito Granita offers a refreshing and tantalizing combination of flavors that come together to create a delicious treat. This frozen dessert combines the sweet and juicy flavor of watermelon with the tart and tangy taste of mint, as well as the subtle hint of lime. The hint of sweetness from the sugar complements the flavors for a truly unique taste. The granita also has a smooth and creamy texture that will leave you feeling refreshed and ready for the day.
How can a watermelon mojito granita be used to add a refreshing twist to a summertime meal?
Adding a Watermelon Mojito Granita to a summertime meal is a great way to add a refreshing twist to the meal. This easy-to-make treat can be used as a palate cleanser or a dessert. As an appetizer, the granita can be served in small cups as a cool and refreshing beginning to the meal. For dessert, the granita can be scooped as a sweet and icy treat that will leave guests feeling cool and energized.
The Watermelon Mojito Granita is very easy to make. All you need is watermelon, lime, mint, and simple syrup. Simply blend the ingredients until the watermelon is slightly pulpy, then add the simple syrup and blend until combined. Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish and freeze for about three hours. Once frozen, use a fork to scrape and fluff the granita into icy flakes.
In addition to being an easy summertime treat, the Watermelon Mojito Granita also provides a variety of health benefits. Watermelon is rich in vitamins A and C and is a good source of antioxidants. The mint in the mix adds an extra boost of vitamin C and has antibacterial properties.
Adding a Watermelon Mojito Granita to a summertime meal is an easy and delicious way to add a refreshing twist to the meal. Not only is it incredibly easy to make, it also offers a variety of health benefits.
What health benefits come with enjoying a watermelon mojito granita?
Refreshing hydration: Watermelon is composed of 92% water, making it an incredibly hydrating snack or drink. A watermelon mojito granita provides the delicious taste of a mojito with the refreshing hydration of a watermelon.
- Vitamin-rich: Watermelon contains many essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin A, magnesium, and potassium. Enjoying a watermelon mojito granita is a great way to get a dose of these vitamins and minerals.
- Immunity-boosting: Vitamin C helps to support the immune system, and watermelon is an excellent source of this vitamin. The antioxidants in the watermelon also help to fight off free radicals, which can damage cells and weaken the immune system.
- Low-calorie: Watermelon is a low-calorie food, and a watermelon mojito granita is also relatively low in calories. This makes it a great snack or dessert option.
- Healthy digestion: Watermelon is a great source of fiber, which is essential for healthy digestion. Enjoying a watermelon mojito granita can help to keep your digestive system running smoothly.
What ingredients are needed to make a watermelon mojito granita?
Ingredients needed to make a watermelon mojito granita include fresh watermelon, lime, mint leaves, white rum, and simple syrup.
To make this sweetly refreshing frozen treat, begin by cutting the watermelon into chunks, discarding the rind. Place the watermelon chunks in a blender and pulse until smooth. Once the watermelon is pureed, add the juice of one lime and a handful of fresh mint leaves, and blend until the mint is finely chopped. Finally, add 1/4 cup of white rum and 1/4 cup of simple syrup, and blend until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Now that the granita mixture is ready, pour it into a shallow container and place it in the freezer. The mixture should be stirred every hour or so until it is completely frozen. Once frozen, scoop it into glasses to serve.
How long does it take to make a watermelon mojito granita?
It typically takes about 4 hours to make a watermelon mojito granita.
Watermelon mojito granita is a refreshing summer dessert that combines the sweet taste of watermelon with the tartness of lime and the herb-infused flavors of a classic mojito. Making this delicious frozen treat is simple, but it does take some time to prepare and chill.
The process begins by making a simple syrup that consists of water, sugar, and mint. This syrup needs to be boiled and simmered for about 10 minutes before it is strained and cooled. Next, the watermelon needs to be cut into cubes and blended until it is smooth. This mixture is then combined with the cooled syrup, lime juice, and white rum.
Once the granita mixture is ready, it needs to be poured into a shallow pan and frozen for at least 4 hours. To make sure the granita is evenly frozen, the mixture should be stirred every hour. After 4 hours, the granita should be ready to enjoy.
Making a watermelon mojito granita is a delicious way to cool off on a hot summer day. With a prep time of about 10 minutes and a chill time of 4 hours, it’s the perfect treat for any occasion.