I’ve been looking for a delicious vegan soup recipe for some time now, and I’m so happy I stumbled upon this vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk! I’ve tried a few different recipes in the past, but nothing has compared to this one. The combination of flavors is absolutely incredible – you get a hint of sweetness from the butternut squash, with a creamy, comforting texture from the coconut milk. Plus, it’s so easy to make – I can whip it up in no time with minimal effort. Trust me – you won’t regret giving this soup a try!
Vegan Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut Milk Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, cubed and seeds removed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Gather up all the ingredients you need to make this delicious vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk! You’ll need 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 carrots, 2 celery stalks, 1 large butternut squash, 4 cups of vegetable broth, 1 can of coconut milk, salt and pepper to taste, and some fresh parsley (optional)
- Start by prepping all of your ingredients – chop the onions, mince the garlic, dice the carrots and celery, and peel and cube the butternut squash.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, then add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the carrots, celery and butternut squash to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Once the soup has cooked, remove it from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Carefully transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in the coconut milk.
- Heat the soup over low heat for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, garnish with fresh parsley, if desired, and serve. Enjoy!
- Calories: 191.8
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.8 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 1091.3 mg
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Sugar: 8.6 g
Why is this particular combination of vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk a tasty and nutritious meal?
You’re in for a delicious treat with this vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk! Not only is this meal tasty and comforting, but it’s also incredibly nutritious. The combination of roasted butternut squash, onion, garlic, and spices, along with the creamy coconut milk, makes this soup the perfect balance of flavors.
The squash provides your body with essential vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin A and vitamin C, as well as fiber and potassium. Onions and garlic are also packed with vitamins and minerals and are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. The combination of all these ingredients creates a warm and hearty soup that is full of nutrients.
The coconut milk adds a wonderful creaminess to the soup. It provides healthy fats and a rich flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. It’s also full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber, making it a great addition to this vegan soup.
Overall, this vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk is a delicious and nutritious meal. The combination of flavors and nutrients creates a tasty and satisfying soup that is sure to please.
What health benefits does vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk provide?
You may be wondering what health benefits vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk provides. Well, vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk is a nutrient-packed meal that offers a variety of health benefits. Here are a few of those benefits:
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Butternut squash is an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as magnesium, potassium, and folate. Coconut milk adds additional vitamins and minerals, making it a great option for those looking to get a healthy dose of essential nutrients.
- High in antioxidants: Butternut squash is a great source of antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from damage. Coconut milk is also rich in antioxidants, making this soup a great way to boost your antioxidant intake.
- Low in fat and calories: Coconut milk is low in fat and calories, making vegan butternut squash soup a great choice for those looking to lose weight.
- Heart-healthy: Coconut milk is high in healthy fats, which can help reduce your risk of heart disease.
What tips can you offer for perfecting the vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk?
Start by roasting the butternut squash. This will bring out the sweetness of the squash and add a nice depth of flavor. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and cut the squash into one-inch cubes. Place the cubes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for around 25 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Once the squash is roasted, it’s time to start building the base of the soup. In a large pot, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add a chopped onion and sauté until lightly browned. Add the roasted squash, a tablespoon of diced garlic, and a teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let the soup cook for about 15 minutes.
- Once the soup is cooked through, use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it is smooth and creamy.
- Finally, stir in the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the soup warm, garnished with freshly chopped parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
What kitchen tools are necessary to make vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk?
Making vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk is easy and delicious! To make this flavorful soup, you’ll need a few kitchen tools. You’ll need a large saucepan or stock pot, a wooden spoon, a cutting board, and a sharp knife. You’ll also need a blender if you plan to puree the soup. All these tools are necessary for making a delicious vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk.
Once you have all your tools in place, it’s time to get cooking! Start by heating the saucepan or stock pot over medium heat. Then, prepare the vegetables. Peel and cut the butternut squash into cubes, and mince the onion, garlic, and ginger.
Once the vegetables are prepared, add them to the saucepan or stock pot and sauté them until softened. Once softened, add the vegetable broth and coconut milk and bring the soup to a low boil. Then, reduce the heat and simmer the soup for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through.
Finally, use a blender to puree the soup until smooth. Once it’s blended, taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if needed.
How can vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk be served to make a memorable meal?
You can make a memorable meal out of vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk in so many ways! To begin with, try serving it with a delicious side of roasted vegetables, like Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, carrots, or squash. Not only will this make a great accompaniment to the soup, but it will also add some extra flavor and nutrition to your meal.
If you’re looking for something to add some crunch, try adding a sprinkle of crushed nuts or seeds on top. Toasted pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, and pecans all work great. You can also top it off with a dollop of vegan yogurt or plant-based sour cream for a creamy and tangy finish.
For an even heartier meal, add some cooked quinoa or brown rice to the soup. Or, if you’re looking for a more filling option, why not try adding some vegan sausage or chickpeas?
Finally, you can really get creative and make this a truly memorable meal by adding some herbs and spices. Fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, or basil are a great way to add some flavor. You can also experiment with spices like turmeric, coriander, or cumin.
No matter how you choose to serve it, vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk is sure to make a memorable meal.
What other ingredients or flavors can be added to vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk to create unique dishes?
You can really get creative when adding ingredients and flavors to vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk. For a spicy twist, add a pinch of red chili flakes or some diced jalapenos. For a smoky flavor, add some smoked paprika. Or, for a unique and flavorful combination, try some curry powder or turmeric. You can also add some diced sweet potatoes or carrots for a bit of sweetness.
If you want to give the soup a bit of crunch, sprinkle some roasted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds on top. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even try adding some diced apples and pears for a bit of sweetness. A few tablespoons of diced fresh ginger or garlic can also help bring out the flavors of the soup.
If you want to add some protein to the soup, try adding some cooked quinoa or chickpeas. Both add a great texture and flavor to the soup. You can also add some diced tofu for a bit of heartiness and texture.
No matter what ingredients you add, vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk is sure to be a flavorful and unique dish.
What other vegan soups can you make with similar ingredients as vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk?
Yes! You can make lots of delicious vegan soups with the same ingredients as used in the vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk. These soups are sure to be just as creamy and delicious as the original. Here are some of our favorite recipes:
- Vegan Coconut Curry Carrot Soup – This creamy and spicy vegan soup is made with coconut milk, carrots, curry powder, garlic, and fresh ginger. It’s perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
- Creamy Vegan Broccoli Soup – This vegan soup is made with coconut milk, broccoli, onion, garlic, and thyme. Just like the butternut squash soup, it’s creamy and full of flavor.
- Vegan Tomato Soup – This vegan soup is made with coconut milk, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and basil. It’s creamy and perfect for a cozy meal.
- Vegan Potato Soup – This vegan soup is made with coconut milk, potatoes, celery, carrot, and onion. It’s creamy and comforting, perfect for a cold winter night.
These are just a few of the vegan soup recipes you can make with similar ingredients to vegan butternut squash soup with coconut milk. Try them out and you’ll be sure to find a delicious new favorite.