I’m so excited to share this delicious Spring Lamb Dumpling recipe with you all! This is one of my all-time favorite recipes and a staple of my family. Every year, we gather around the table to enjoy these delectable treats. The tender lamb dumplings are wrapped in a light and flavorful dough, making them a perfect addition to any meal! Trust me, once you try this recipe, you’ll be hooked!
Spring Lamb Dumplings Recipe
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 18 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Start by prepping your ingredients! Take 1 lb of ground lamb and measure out 1/2 cup of chopped onions, 1/2 cup of chopped celery, and 1/2 cup of chopped carrots. Mince 1 clove of garlic, and measure out 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves, 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground lamb, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, thyme, pepper, and salt to the skillet and stir everything together. Cook the mixture for 5-7 minutes, or until the lamb is browned and cooked through.
- Add 1/4 cup of red wine and 1/4 cup of chicken stock to the skillet, and stir everything together. Simmer the mixture for 5-7 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Take the skillet off the heat and let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Take 18 wonton wrappers and spoon about 1 tablespoon of the cooled lamb mixture into the center of each wrapper. Fold the wrappers into dumplings, pressing the edges together to seal.
- Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to medium and add the dumplings to the pot. Cook the dumplings for 4-5 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- Serve the Spring Lamb Dumplings with your favorite dipping sauce! Enjoy!
- Calories: 537
- Total Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Sodium: 1141mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 37g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 24g
What is so special about spring lamb dumplings?
What is so special about spring lamb dumplings? Just about everything! These delicious dumplings are filled with sweet, succulent spring lamb, mixed with onions, garlic, and other seasonings that give them an amazing flavor. The dumpling wrappers are light and fluffy, providing the perfect contrast to the savory filling. The combination of textures and flavors make these dumplings truly special. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make and can be served as a quick snack or as part of a larger feast.
What flavors does this dish have?
This Spring Lamb Dumpling dish is bursting with flavor! You can expect a rich, savory broth with a hint of ginger and garlic, complimented by a mix of delicate herbs like oregano, rosemary, and thyme. The juicy, succulent lamb is complemented by a mild, sweet onion flavor and a subtle earthiness from the mushrooms.
What pairings make spring lamb dumplings even more delicious?
If you’re looking for the perfect springtime meal, look no further than lamb dumplings! These delicious morsels are an excellent way to enjoy the fresh flavors of springtime, and they taste even better if you pair them with the right accompaniment. Here are some of our favorite pairings that make spring lamb dumplings even more delicious:
- Salads – a crisp and refreshing salad is the perfect sidekick to lamb dumplings. Try adding a variety of fresh vegetables and herbs to your salad, such as baby spinach, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, olives, and fresh mint. A light vinaigrette will take your salad to the next level!
- Roasted vegetables – roasted vegetables such as carrots, parsnips, and potatoes are a great way to add a bit of crunch and sweetness to your lamb dumplings. Try roasting your vegetables with some olive oil, salt, and pepper, and serve them up with your dumplings for a delicious meal.
- Sauces – sauces can add a lot of flavor to spring lamb dumplings. Try some classic sauces such as a creamy garlic sauce or a rich tomato sauce. Or get creative and whip up your own unique sauce, such as a spicy chimichurri or a flavorful herb pesto.
- Grilled fruit – grilled fruit is a great way to add a touch of sweetness to your lamb dumplings. Try grilling some fresh apricots, peaches, or apples, and serve them up with your dumplings for a delicious and balanced meal.
These are just a few of the many ways you can make your spring lamb dumplings even more delicious. With a little bit of creativity and a few simple ingredients, you can create a truly delicious and satisfying meal that everyone in the family will love.
How can i make sure my spring lamb dumplings turn out perfectly?
If you want your spring lamb dumplings to turn out perfectly, then the key is all in the preparation! Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your dumpling-making experience:
- Start by choosing the best ingredients. Fresh, organic ingredients will make a world of difference when it comes to flavor.
- Make sure to properly season the filling. A good spring lamb dumpling filling should be lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. You can also add a pinch of cumin and coriander for a touch of extra flavor.
- Roll the dumpling wrappers to a thin, even thickness. This will help ensure that your dumplings cook evenly and have a nice texture.
- Use a good non-stick pan to cook the dumplings. This will help prevent them from sticking and ensure they cook evenly.
- When you’re ready to serve the dumplings, be sure to drizzle a little bit of soy sauce over them. This will help bring out their flavor and make them even more delicious.
What are some creative ways to serve spring lamb dumplings?
Serving spring lamb dumplings can be a delicious and easy way to enjoy an East Asian-inspired dish any time of year. Whether you’re looking for a fun appetizer or a fun dinner idea, there are plenty of creative ways to serve spring lamb dumplings to your guests. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Serve them as an appetizer with a dipping sauce. You can make a simple soy-based dipping sauce to go with the dumplings.
- Make them into a main course by adding some cooked vegetables, like carrots, peas, and mushrooms. You can also add some cooked noodles and seasonings to really make it a meal.
- Serve them as a side dish with a Chinese-inspired entrée. The dumplings can be a great accompaniment to dishes like stir-fries and curries.
- For a fun and festive twist, you can make spring lamb dumplings into bite-sized snacks. Serve them with a variety of dipping sauces and your guests will love it.
- For a unique and delicious presentation, try making a spring lamb dumpling tower. Stack the dumplings in a tower-like shape and serve with a sweet and savory dipping sauce.
These are just a few of the many creative ways to serve spring lamb dumplings. With a little imagination and a few simple ingredients, you can enjoy this tasty East Asian-inspired dish any time of year.