When it comes to making a delicious yet simple meal, Slow Cooked Chipotle Chicken is a go-to in my kitchen. I love how the smokey chipotle flavors infuse the chicken as it gently cooks away in the slow cooker, leaving it unbelievably tender and flavorful. I’m always amazed at how little effort goes into making this dish, yet the results are so satisfying.
Slow Cooked Chipotle Chicken Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken-flavored bouillon powder
- ½ cup warm water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the slow cooker to low heat.
- Heat the Mazola® Corn Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook until they are golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place it into the slow cooker.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the onion is softened.
- Add the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chicken-flavored bouillon powder, and warm water to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 3 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the slow cooker and transfer it to a bowl.
- Add the softened cream cheese and sour cream to the slow cooker and stir until combined.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the slow cooker and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle the chopped fresh cilantro over the top.
- Serve the slow cooked chipotle chicken with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 34g
- Sodium: 360mg
- Cholesterol: 120mg
What other ingredients pair well with slow-cooked chipotle chicken?
Slow-cooked chipotle chicken is delicious on its own, but there are many ingredients that can be added to enhance the flavor and texture. Hearty vegetables such as sweet potatoes, carrots, and onions can be cooked along with the chicken to create a complete meal. For a more traditional dish, adding black beans and corn to the pot will provide a Southwestern flair. To add even more flavor, try adding a few tablespoons of salsa or diced tomatoes to the slow cooker. For a creamy, spicy sauce to top the chicken, mix together Greek yogurt, lime juice, and a pinch of chipotle powder. Serve the slow-cooked chipotle chicken with brown rice, quinoa, or tortillas to complete the meal.
What recipes can be made with the leftovers of slow-cooked chipotle chicken?
There are a variety of recipes that can be made with the leftovers of slow-cooked chipotle chicken. With a few simple ingredients, the leftovers can be incorporated into several different dishes. Here are a few ideas for recipes that can be made with the leftovers of slow-cooked chipotle chicken:
- Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas: This is an easy and delicious way to use up the leftovers. Simply heat a tortilla in a skillet, layer with chopped chipotle chicken, shredded cheese, and a few diced peppers. Fold the tortilla in half and cook until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy. Serve with sour cream and your favorite salsa.
- Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas: Layer tortillas with the slow-cooked chipotle chicken, your favorite cheese, and any other desired toppings. Roll them up and place in a baking dish. Top with your favorite enchilada sauce and more cheese. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Chipotle Chicken Tacos: Heat up some soft or hard tortillas, fill them with the chopped chipotle chicken, diced tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese. Top them with your favorite salsa and sour cream. Enjoy a delicious taco night with your family.
- Chipotle Chicken Burritos: Layer flour tortillas with refried beans, chopped chipotle chicken, shredded cheese, and any other desired toppings. Roll them up and heat in a skillet until both sides are golden and crispy. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Using the leftovers of slow-cooked chipotle chicken, you can create a variety of delicious and easy recipes. With a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious meal that everyone will love.
What are the benefits of slow-cooking chicken?
Slow-cooking chicken is an easy and nutritious way to prepare a delicious meal.
- Slow-cooking chicken locks in moisture and flavor, resulting in juicy, tender meat that is full of flavor.
- Slow-cooking chicken helps to break down the tough fibers in the meat, making it easier to digest.
- Slow-cooking chicken requires minimal effort and preparation, allowing you to spend more time with family and friends.
- Slow-cooking chicken is a great way to get your daily dose of protein without having to worry about overcooking.
- Slow-cooking chicken can be used in a variety of dishes, ranging from soups and stews to tacos and sandwiches.
How does chipotle seasoning add flavor to the dish?
Chipotle seasoning adds a unique flavor to dishes, particularly slow cooked Chipotle chicken. Specifically, the combination of smoky, spicy, and sweet flavors creates an incredibly flavorful dish. Here are some of the ways that chipotle seasoning adds flavor to your favorite dish:
- Smoky Flavor: Chipotle seasoning adds a smoky taste to dishes, due to the inclusion of smoked paprika and chipotle peppers. This smoky flavor enhances the flavor of the chicken, giving it a unique and complex taste.
- Spicy Flavor: Chipotle seasoning includes both ground chili powder and cayenne pepper, giving it a moderate level of heat. This spice gives the dish a kick, without being overwhelmingly spicy.
- Sweet Flavor: Chipotle seasoning also includes a slight sweetness, due to the inclusion of sugar and garlic powder. This sweetness adds a balance to the smoky and spicy flavors, creating a well-rounded flavor profile.
In conclusion, chipotle seasoning is an incredibly flavorful addition to slow cooked Chipotle chicken. Its combination of smoky, spicy, and sweet flavors creates a delicious and complex dish.
What are some tips for successfully slow-cooking chicken?
Start with raw chicken that is cut up into smaller pieces, as it will cook more thoroughly and evenly.
- If you want your chicken to be extra flavorful, consider marinating it for a few hours before cooking.
- Put your raw chicken in the slow cooker and add the liquid ingredients, such as broth and seasonings.
- Use low heat and cook for several hours, depending on the size of the pieces. The chicken is done when it is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For extra flavor, add vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, and onions, to the slow cooker.
- If your chicken starts to dry out, add more liquid to the slow cooker.
- To ensure your chicken is cooked evenly, stir it occasionally while it is cooking and check the internal temperature periodically.
- Once your chicken is cooked, it can be served as-is or used in your favorite recipes.