I remember the first time I tried shrimp and broccoli; I was instantly fascinated by the combination of flavors and textures. The savory shrimp and the crunchy broccoli perfectly complemented each other and the garlic and butter added an extra layer of flavor that was simply irresistible.
Shrimp And Broccoli Recipe
- 1 pound raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (Optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornstarch and cold water and mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, Sriracha sauce, and minced garlic. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Add the broccoli florets to the skillet and cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the shrimp and broccoli and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired. Serve hot. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 20g
- Sodium: 490mg
What are some creative ways to incorporate shrimp and broccoli into meals?
There are many creative ways to incorporate shrimp and broccoli into meals. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Make a shrimp and broccoli stir-fry. This classic dish is simple to make, and the combination of shrimp and broccoli is always a winner. For extra flavor, add some garlic, sesame oil, and soy sauce.
- Try a shrimp and broccoli pasta dish. Start by sautéing shrimp and broccoli in olive oil and garlic, then mix them with cooked pasta and your favorite sauce.
- Make a shrimp and broccoli quesadilla. Spread cooked shrimp and broccoli over a flour tortilla, top with cheese, and bake in the oven until golden.
- Put together a shrimp and broccoli salad. Start with a base of lettuce and spinach, then add cooked shrimp, broccoli florets, and your favorite salad toppings.
- Whip up a shrimp and broccoli soup. This delicious soup is easy to make and requires just a few ingredients. Start by sautéing the shrimp and broccoli in olive oil, then add some chicken broth and seasonings.
How does the combination of shrimp and broccoli make for a perfect meal?
The combination of shrimp and broccoli makes for a perfect meal because it is nutritious, flavorful, and easy to prepare. Here are a few reasons why:
- Nutritious: Shrimp is an excellent source of lean protein, as well as essential vitamins and minerals, while broccoli is an excellent source of vitamins C and K, along with dietary fiber. Together, they provide your body with a well-rounded source of nutrition that will help you stay healthy.
- Flavorful: The combination of shrimp and broccoli is a great way to add flavor to a meal. The sweetness of the shrimp pairs nicely with the earthy flavor of the broccoli, creating a unique and delicious flavor profile.
- Easy to Prepare: Shrimp and broccoli are both quick and easy to prepare. Both can be cooked in just a few minutes, making it easy to whip up a delicious meal in no time.
Overall, the combination of shrimp and broccoli makes for a perfect meal that is nutritious, flavorful, and easy to make. With this combination, you’ll have a delicious and balanced meal that will keep you feeling full and energized.
What are the health benefits of eating shrimp and broccoli together?
The health benefits of eating shrimp and broccoli together are considerable. Together, these two foods can provide a balanced source of nutrition, helping to improve digestion, reduce inflammation, and promote overall well-being. Here are some of the main benefits:
- Rich in Antioxidants: Both shrimp and broccoli are rich in antioxidants, which help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. These antioxidants can help reduce inflammation, improve skin health, and protect against certain types of cancer.
- High in Protein: Eating shrimp and broccoli together provides a good source of protein, which is essential for muscle growth and repair.
- Low in Fat: Shrimp and broccoli are both low in fat and high in nutrients, making them a great choice for those looking to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
- Improves Digestion: Eating shrimp and broccoli together can help improve digestion and can even help reduce bloating and discomfort.
- Supports Heart Health: Eating shrimp and broccoli together can help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Boosts Immune System: These two foods contain a high amount of vitamins and minerals, which can help boost the immune system and protect against illnesses.
Overall, eating shrimp and broccoli together can provide a balanced source of nutrition and can help improve overall health.
What are some tips for cooking shrimp and broccoli together?
Start by prepping the ingredients. Peel and devein the shrimp, and cut the broccoli into florets.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until they turn pink and are almost cooked through.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften.
- Add 1/4 cup of chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through and the broccoli is tender.
- Serve the shrimp and broccoli with cooked rice, or your favorite side dish.
What are some delicious recipes featuring shrimp and broccoli?
Delicious recipes featuring shrimp and broccoli are plentiful, and can easily be enjoyed as a healthy main course or as a flavorful side dish. Here are some of our favorite recipes for shrimp and broccoli that will tantalize your taste buds and be sure to please the whole family.
- Baked Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli: This simple yet flavorful dish is sure to become a family favorite. Start by preheating oven to 375 degrees, and lightly oil a large baking dish. Combine 1/4 cup of garlic-infused olive oil, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a small bowl. Place 2 pounds of peeled and deveined shrimp and 2 heads of broccoli florets into the baking dish and pour the garlic oil mixture over top. Bake for 20 minutes and then sprinkle with 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and return to the oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Broccoli and Shrimp Stir-Fry: For a fast and tasty meal, try this quick and easy stir-fry. Heat a large wok or skillet over medium heat, and add 2 tablespoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Add 2 bunches of broccoli florets and stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender-crisp. Next, stir in 1/4 cup of oyster sauce and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, and cook for another minute. Serve hot over steamed rice.
- Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo: This classic Italian dish is a favorite for a reason. Begin by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil, and add 1 pound of penne pasta. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, and then drain and set aside. In a large deep skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes, or until they are just cooked through. Add 2 heads of broccoli florets and cook for another 2 minutes, or until the broccoli is crisp-tender. Add 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder to the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the cooked pasta and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve hot with an extra sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
These recipes featuring shrimp and broccoli are certain to become a favorite in your kitchen. With so many delicious options, you’re sure to find the perfect dish for any occasion.