When it comes to desserts, I’m always a sucker for a good shortbread tart. They’re the perfect balance of buttery flakiness, sweetness, and melt-in-your-mouth goodness. But when I discovered this recipe for Shortbread Tarts with Chocolate Filling, I knew I had found a treat that was even more decadent. The combination of the rich, buttery shortbread and the sweet, smooth chocolate filling is simply divine. Every bite is an explosion of flavor that will leave you wanting more. If you’re looking for a special dessert to wow your guests, this is the recipe for you.
Shortbread Tarts with Chocolate Filling Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate filling (from your favorite recipe)
- Toppings of your choice (optional)
- Hey there! Here’s how to make those delicious Shortbread Tarts with Chocolate Filling you’ve been dreaming about!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the flour and salt and mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- Take the dough and roll it out on a lightly-floured surface. Cut out circles with a biscuit cutter and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges of the tarts are lightly golden.
- Once the tarts have cooled, spoon the chocolate filling into the center of each tart.
- Top with the toppings of your choice, if desired.
- Allow the tarts to chill for 5 minutes, and then serve! Enjoy!
- Calories: 196 kcal
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Sodium: 53 mg
- Cholesterol: 21 mg
- Sugar: 5 g
What makes these shortbread tarts with chocolate filling so delicious?
These shortbread tarts with chocolate filling are simply divine! They have a buttery and crumbly shortbread crust that’s just the right amount of sweet, and the rich and creamy chocolate filling is downright indulgent. It’s just the perfect combination of crunchy and smooth, sweet and savory. Plus, these tarts are super easy to make and require minimal ingredients. Anybody can whip up a batch of these delectable treats in no time. So if you’re looking for a delicious dessert that’s sure to please, you can’t go wrong with these shortbread tarts with chocolate filling.
What are the different ways to fill shortbread tarts with chocolate?
Chocolate-filled shortbread tarts make for a delicious and decadent dessert! These buttery, crumbly treats can be filled in a variety of ways to suit every taste. Here are some of the best ways to fill shortbread tarts with chocolate for a truly indulgent treat:
- Ganache – Ganache is a velvety, chocolatey mixture made of melted chocolate and cream. It can be spread inside the tart shells before baking, creating a creamy and rich filling.
- Chocolate Mousse – Chocolate mousse is a light and fluffy treat that’s perfect for filling shortbread tarts. Simply spread a layer of mousse inside the tart shells before baking and top with a dusting of cocoa powder before serving.
- Chocolate Chip Filling – For an extra-special treat, try filling your shortbread tarts with a chocolate chip filling. Combine melted chocolate, butter, and sugar, and stir in chocolate chips before spooning into the tart shells.
- Chocolate Ganache Glaze – If you’re looking for a glossy, professional finish, try glazing your tarts with a chocolate ganache glaze. Simply heat cream and chocolate together, stirring until smooth, and cool before spooning over the tart shells.
How do you make the perfect shortbread tart crust?
Making the perfect shortbread tart crust is easier than you think! Here’s how:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup of cold butter.
- Using a pastry blender or your fingertips, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Scatter the mixture into a 9-inch tart pan and press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Prick the bottom of the dough all over with a fork.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before adding a chocolate filling to create the perfect shortbread tart.
What type of chocolate should you use when making shortbread tarts with chocolate filling?
When making shortbread tarts with chocolate filling, you should use a dark chocolate for the best results. Dark chocolate has a more intense flavor and richer texture that will really make the tart stand out. It also stands up to baking better than other types of chocolate, so it won’t melt and ruin the tart.
What other ingredients should you use to make shortbread tarts with chocolate filling?
When making Shortbread Tarts with Chocolate Filling, there are a few other ingredients you should consider adding that will really bring your tart to the next level! For example, you could always add a little bit of almond extract or nutmeg to the shortbread crust to give it a hint of nuttiness. If you like your tarts extra sweet, you could add a little bit of sugar or honey to the crust as well. To give the chocolate filling a unique flavor, you could add a few drops of vanilla extract or some orange zest. Finally, if you want your tart to be extra indulgent, you could top it off with a sprinkle of chopped nuts or a drizzle of caramel.