This refreshing salad is a perfect way to enjoy crisp radishes! The mint and pistachios add a nice touch of flavor, making it a delightful side dish or light meal.
- -1 lb red or pink radishes, cut into 1/4″ thick wedges
- -1 tsp grated lemon zest
- -1/4 cup minced shallots
- -3-4 Tbsp lemon juice
- -1/2 tsp salt
- -“heaping” 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- -10 large mint leaves, chopped or sliced thin (about 1/4 cup)
- -1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Marinate radish wedges: mix the radish wedges, minced shallots, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt in a bowl. Let sit for 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Toast the pistachios: toast the shelled pistachios by heating a small skillet on medium high heat. Add the pistachios and heat until lightly browned. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Strain excess liquid: when you are ready to serve, if there is a lot of excess liquid in the radishes, strain some of it out.
4a. Toss the toasted pistachios, mint, and olive oil in with the radishes (if eating immediately).
4b Refrigerate mixture from step 1 overnight before proceeding to step 5
5 Heat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place refrigerated mixture from step 4b onto baking dish
- 1 serving:
- Calories: 107
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 190 mg
- Carbohydrates: 6.5 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 3g