This cake is perfect for a quick dessert or snack. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and is full of sunshine flavor. The cake is moist and has a light, fluffy texture.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package moist yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can mandarin oranges, juice reserved
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can crushed pineapple with juice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, cake mix, and oil. Stir in mandarin oranges with juice. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool on wire rack before frosting.
4. To make frosting, mix together whipped dessert topping, instant pudding mix, and crushed pineapple with juices in a medium bowl. Set frosting in refrigerator to set before spreading on cooled cake
- Calories: 2190
- Fat: 117 g
- Saturated fat: 23 g
- Unsaturated fat: 82 g
- Trans fat: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 372 mg
- Sodium: 2760 mg
- Potassium : 490 mg
Can you freeze sunshine cake?
You can freeze sunshine cake, but it’s best to do so before adding the frosting. An hour in the freezer should be sufficient, after which you can store the cake in the refrigerator between servings. If you’re transporting the cake, freezing it beforehand is also recommended.
How do you store a pineapple sunshine cake?
Pineapple sunshine cake is a chilled dessert that should be kept cold. The best way to store it is in an airtight container in your refrigerator. We love to use a baking pan with its own lid for this purpose.
How do bakers get their cakes so moist?
Bakers often soak their cakes in a simple syrup made of equal parts granulated sugar and water after the cakes come out of the oven. This step can add sweetness and moisten the cake. In addition to simple syrup, bakers can also use coconut milk, evaporated milk, or flavored liqueur to get their cakes moist.
What makes a cake super moist?
There are a few things that can make a cake super moist. One is to add sweeteners like honey, corn syrup, or molasses to the batter. These help retain moisture inside the cakes so they stay fresh longer. Another is to add extra egg yolks to the batter which allows it to retain extra liquid. Both of these will also make your baking taste better.
Another way to ensure a moist cake is by not overcooking it. Be sure to check for doneness early and often, as an overcooked cake will be dry and crumbly. If you’re using a recipe that calls for baking powder or soda, make sure those ingredients are fresh – expired leaveners can cause your cake to be tough rather than moist. Finally, always wrap cooled cakes tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before storing; this helps them hold onto moisture and prevents them from drying out too quickly.
How do bakeries make their cakes so moist?
Many bakeries use simple syrup to help keep their cakes moist until they are assembled and iced. Simple syrup is made from equal parts water and granulated sugar heated and stirred until the sugar dissolves, then set aside to cool. This helps lock in moisture so the cake doesn’t dry out before it’s finished being decorated.