Delicious Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
I’ve been making these delicious pumpkin pancakes for years and they never disappoint! They are the perfect balance of sweet and savory, and they always make a crowd-pleaser. I love that they’re so easy to whip up in a jiffy, but still feel like I’m enjoying a special treat. Plus, they make great use of the pumpkin that’s always in abundance during the fall months. So if you’re looking for a cozy breakfast to bring some warmth and cheer to your morning, these pumpkin pancakes are just the ticket!
Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Hey there!
- Let’s whip up some delicious Pumpkin Pancakes together! Here’s what you’ll need:
- cup all-purpose flour
- tablespoons granulated sugar
- teaspoons baking powder
- teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- /2 teaspoon salt
- cup milk
- large egg
- /3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- tablespoons butter, melted
- Alright! Now let’s get started!
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, pumpkin puree, and butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until everything is well-combined.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and grease it with butter or cooking spray.
- Drop about 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for about 2 minutes on each side, or until they’re golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes with butter and syrup, and enjoy!
- Time to get your pumpkin pancake fix! This recipe takes about 15 minutes to prep, 10 minutes to cook, and 5 minutes to cool, so you’ll have delicious, homemade pancakes in no time!
- Calories: 399
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Sodium: 686mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 54g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 10g
What makes pumpkin pancakes different from other pancake recipes?
Pumpkin pancakes are different from other pancake recipes because they have a unique texture and flavor that makes them extra delicious. The addition of pumpkin puree to the batter gives the pancakes a light and fluffy texture, while the spices add a hint of warmth and sweetness. Pumpkin pancakes can be served with a variety of toppings such as butter, syrup, or powdered sugar. They are also great for breakfast, brunch, or even as a dessert.
The beauty of making pumpkin pancakes is that you can use canned pumpkin puree or make your own. If you want to make your own, you can easily roast a pumpkin and scoop out the flesh to make the puree. Adding your own spices is also an option and will give your pancakes an extra kick. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger are all great additions.
Pumpkin pancakes are a great way to enjoy the seasonal flavors of fall. They are easy to make, and can be enjoyed by the whole family.
What is the easiest way to make pumpkin pancakes?
Making pumpkin pancakes couldn’t be easier! All you need is a few simple ingredients, a few minutes of your time, and you’ll have delicious pumpkin pancakes ready to enjoy.
To start, gather the ingredients: pancake mix, canned pumpkin puree, eggs, vegetable oil, and cinnamon. Mix the pancake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, and oil together in a bowl. Add in a pinch of cinnamon for extra flavor.
Once your ingredients are combined and blended together, it’s time to cook the pancakes. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and lightly oil the pan. Pour the batter in the pan and cook until the edges are golden brown. Flip the pancakes over and cook until the other side is golden brown.
Now you’re ready to serve your pumpkin pancakes! Top them with butter, syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon for extra flavor.
What are the benefits of eating pumpkin pancakes?
The benefits of eating pumpkin pancakes are numerous! Here are some of the advantages you can enjoy when you choose to start your day with a stack of these delicious treats:
- Taste: Pumpkin pancakes have a distinct flavor that is sweet and subtly spiced. They are the perfect breakfast for a cozy autumn morning.
- Nutritional value: Pumpkin pancakes are packed with vitamins and minerals. Pumpkins are a great source of fiber, Vitamin A, and even Vitamin C.
- Affordability: Pumpkin pancakes are inexpensive to make. All you need are some basic ingredients like flour, sugar, eggs, and pumpkin puree.
- Versatility: You can enjoy pumpkin pancakes in tons of different ways. Top them with syrup, butter, applesauce, cream cheese, or even marshmallows. The possibilities are endless!.
- Portability: Pumpkin pancakes are easy to take on the go. Simply wrap them up in foil and bring them with you to work or school.
These are just a few of the many benefits of eating pumpkin pancakes.
What is the best way to top off pumpkin pancakes?
The absolute best way to top off pumpkin pancakes is with a delicious maple syrup glaze. Drizzle the syrup over your pancakes and watch as it combines with the pumpkin to create a mouthwatering flavor. You can also add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top for an extra kick of flavor. The combination of the sweetness of the syrup and the spiciness of the cinnamon will have your taste buds singing!
If you’re looking for something a little lighter, try topping your pumpkin pancakes with fresh fruit. Blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries all pair beautifully with the pumpkin flavor. You can also try adding a dollop of yogurt or Greek yogurt on top for a creamy, tangy finish.
For a bit of crunch, why not add some chopped nuts or granola? The crunch of the nuts will add some texture to these delicious treats. The added sweetness of the nuts or granola will also help to balance out the flavor of the pumpkin pancakes.
Finally, if you want to really take your pumpkin pancakes to the next level, why not add a drizzle of melted chocolate? The creamy, sweet flavor of the chocolate will perfectly complement the pumpkin pancakes. Plus, it’s a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without feeling guilty!
No matter which topping you choose, one thing is certain: your pumpkin pancakes will be a hit.
What are some creative ways to enjoy pumpkin pancakes?
There are plenty of delicious and creative ways to enjoy pumpkin pancakes! You can get creative with your toppings, mix-ins, or even the batter itself. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Smear cream cheese between two pancakes for a decadent sweet and savory treat – perfect for a special occasion.
- Stir in a handful of dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips for a chocolatey twist.
- Add a crunchy texture by mixing in some chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Make your pancakes extra-special by topping them with a dollop of butter, cinnamon, and a sprinkle of brown sugar.
- For a more savory option, top your pancakes with bacon, diced bell peppers, and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
- For a unique twist, try making your pancakes with a pumpkin spiced latte! Just substitute the milk in the batter with the latte and you’re good to go.
No matter how you choose to enjoy your pumpkin pancakes, they’re sure to be a hit! So, get creative and have fun experimenting with different flavors and mix-ins.
What are some healthy alternatives to traditional pumpkin pancakes?
If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional pumpkin pancakes, you’re in luck! There are plenty of ways to make pumpkin pancakes that are still tasty but much better for you. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Pancakes: Instead of using traditional pancake mix, try making oatmeal pumpkin pancakes. Start by mashing up a ripe banana and mix it with oats, pumpkin puree, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon, and a dash of nutmeg. Then, cook them up in a pan like you would any other type of pancake.
- Coconut Pumpkin Pancakes: Another yummy option is to make coconut pumpkin pancakes. Start by mixing together coconut flour, pumpkin puree, egg whites, and non-dairy milk. You can also add in cinnamon and nutmeg for a pinch of sweetness. Once you’ve combined all the ingredients, cook them up in a pan like any other type of pancake.
- Almond Flour Pumpkin Pancakes: Almond flour is a great low-carb alternative to traditional pancake mixes. For this recipe, start by mixing together almond flour, pumpkin puree, eggs, baking powder, and a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Then, cook them up in a pan like any other type of pancake.
- Chia Seed Pumpkin Pancakes: Chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber and protein, which makes them a great option for a healthy pancake. To make this recipe, mix together chia seeds, pumpkin puree, egg whites, non-dairy milk, and a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Then, cook them up in a pan like any other type of pancake.
Making healthy pumpkin pancakes is a great way to enjoy the flavor of pumpkin while still eating healthy.