Oatmeal lace cookies are a classic cookie that has been around for centuries. They are made with oatmeal, flour, sugar, butter, and eggs. The dough is rolled out thin and cut into shapes with a cookie cutter. They are then baked until they are crisp. Oatmeal lace cookies can be enjoyed plain or with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1. Sift together flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
2. Add oatmeal, corn syrup, melted butter, cream and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix well.
3. Drop dough by 1/4 teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet 4 inches apart.
4. Bake in a 375 degree F (190 degree C) oven for 5-7 minutes. Let stand a few seconds before removing from pan.
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 100
- Total fat: 5 g
- Saturated fat: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
- Total carbohydrates: 13 g
- Protein: 1 g