I remember when I first discovered this incredible Oatmeal-Apple Praline Cake recipe, and I was instantly hooked. Since then, I’ve made this delicious cake so many times, and it never fails to delight family and friends. Its sweet flavor and crunchy texture make it a truly special treat – and now I’m excited to share it with you!
Oatmeal-Apple Praline Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups peeled and diced apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Let’s make a delicious Oatmeal-Apple Praline Cake. Here’s what you’ll need:
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and eggs until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in the oats, apples, and 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the caramel ice cream topping and the remaining 1/4 cup chopped pecans. Drizzle the mixture over the cake.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 35 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 498
- Total Fat: 22.3g
- Saturated Fat: 9.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Sodium: 307mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 68.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.3g
- Sugars: 36.8g
- Protein: 7.2g
What is the best way to make an oatmeal-apple praline cake?
The best way to make an oatmeal-apple praline cake is to combine the delicious flavors of apples, oats, and pralines into a moist and flavorful cake that is sure to be a hit! This cake is perfect for any occasion, from a birthday celebration to an everyday dessert. The combination of these flavors creates a truly unique and delicious treat that everyone will love.
To begin, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a 9×13” baking pan. In a large bowl, mix together 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of uncooked oats, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and ½ teaspoon of salt. In a separate bowl, cream together 1 cup of softened butter and 1 ½ cups of white sugar. Beat in 2 large eggs, one at a time, until combined.
In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup of peeled and diced apples, ½ cup of chopped pecans or walnuts, and ¾ cup of praline pieces. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Then, fold in the apple-nut-praline mixture.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
This oatmeal-apple praline cake is a delicious and unique treat that is sure to be a hit at any gathering. With its moist texture and combination of flavors, everyone will enjoy a piece of this cake.
What are the benefits of making an oatmeal-apple praline cake?
Deliciousness: There’s no denying the deliciousness of a moist, flavorful oatmeal-apple praline cake. It’s sweet and crunchy from the praline topping and the tart apples. Plus, the oatmeal provides a unique texture to the cake.
- Nutritiousness: This cake has plenty of health benefits too! The oatmeal is a healthy source of fiber and the apples are full of antioxidants. Plus, the nuts in the praline topping provide a great dose of healthy fats.
- Variety: You can get creative with this cake and switch up the type of apples you use, the nuts in the topping, and the spices used in the cake itself. You can also make it without the praline topping for a healthier version.
- Portion Control: A great thing about this cake is that it’s easy to portion out. You can make it in individual-sized servings or cut it into slices. This makes it easy to control how much cake you’re eating at once.
- Versatility: This cake can be served for breakfast, as a mid-morning snack, or even for dessert. It’s a great option for any time of day.
In conclusion, there are a lot of great benefits to making an oatmeal-apple praline cake. It’s delicious, nutritious, and incredibly versatile. Plus, it’s easy to portion out and you can get creative with the ingredients you use.
What tips can be used to make an oatmeal-apple praline cake?
If you’re looking for an easy yet delicious cake recipe to make, look no further than an oatmeal-apple praline cake! Here are some tips to help you make the perfect oatmeal-apple praline cake:
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl, including the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients, including the oil, eggs, and buttermilk.
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with butter or oil.
- Spread the oat mixture in the bottom of the pan and top with sliced apples.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the oat-apple mixture and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the praline topping over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
What ingredients are needed to make an oatmeal-apple praline cake?
If you’re looking to make a delicious oatmeal-apple praline cake, you’ll need a few simple ingredients. This easy cake is made with pantry staples, so it’s a great option if you need an impressive dessert with minimal effort.
The base of the cake is a combination of all-purpose flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. To add a layer of sweetness and texture, you’ll need dark brown sugar and granulated sugar. Then, it’s time to add the wet ingredients: melted butter, eggs, buttermilk, and a tablespoon of vanilla extract.
The star of this cake is the apples. You’ll need two large apples, peeled and finely diced. You can use any type of apple you like – Granny Smith apples are a great option for a tart flavor, or you can go for sweet Honeycrisp apples.
Finally, you’ll need chopped pecans or walnuts for the praline topping. You’ll also need melted butter, light brown sugar, and ground cinnamon to bring it all together.
Once you’ve gathered all these ingredients, you’re ready to bake up a delicious oatmeal-apple praline cake.
What kind of apples are best for an oatmeal-apple praline cake?
When it comes to making the perfect oatmeal-apple praline cake, the type of apple you choose can make all the difference! For this delectable dessert, the best apples to use are tart and firm varieties such as Granny Smith, Honey Crisp, and Braeburn. These apples are tart enough to balance the sweetness of the cake, and their firm texture holds up well in the baking process.
How can an oatmeal-apple praline cake be served?
Serving an oatmeal-apple praline cake is a delicious and easy way to make any meal feel special. This cake is the perfect combination of flavors and textures, with a crunchy praline topping, a moist and flavorful center, and a hint of apple for sweetness. This cake can be served as is, or you can get creative and top it with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, or a drizzle of caramel sauce. It’s also delicious served warm or cold, so you can make it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy it.