I’m a huge fan of Mexican cuisine, so I was excited to try making Mexican Pickled Jalapenos from scratch. I had never made pickles before, but I figured if I followed the recipe, I’d be able to create something delicious. I was right! The end result was a zesty and flavorful pickle that added a kick of spice to my dishes. I’m so glad I gave it a try, because it’s become one of my favorite condiments!
Mexican Pickled Jalapenos Recipe
- 3 cups jalapenos, sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Let’s get started on your Mexican Pickled Jalapenos! First, grab your cutting board and slice up 3 cups of jalapenos.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1 cup of white vinegar, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon of coarse salt, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Once your jalapenos are finished slicing, add them to your bowl of mixture. Give everything a good stir to make sure all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Now it’s time to let your Mexican Pickled Jalapenos sit and marinate. Cover the bowl with a lid, or some plastic wrap and leave it to sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, your Mexican Pickled Jalapenos are ready to be enjoyed! Serve them up and enjoy the delicious flavor!
- Calories: 30
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Protein: 0g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Fiber: 0g
What makes mexican pickled jalapenos unique?
Mexican pickled jalapenos are unique because of their intense flavor! These pickled jalapenos are typically marinated in a mixture of chili powder, garlic and oregano, giving them a spicy, flavorful kick. They are also made using fresh jalapeno peppers, which adds a bright, fresh flavor to the pickle. Additionally, Mexican pickled jalapenos are often served with a variety of condiments, such as lime juice, cilantro, and hot sauce, to enhance their already flavorful profile. Finally, you can find Mexican pickled jalapenos in a variety of sizes and heat levels, which makes them incredibly versatile and a great addition to any meal.
What flavors pair best with mexican pickled jalapenos?
When it comes to Mexican pickled jalapenos, there are so many delicious flavor combinations to choose from! The salty, briny flavor of the jalapenos pairs perfectly with a variety of other ingredients. Here are just a few ideas of flavors that work great together:
- Lime and cilantro: These two classic Mexican flavors perfectly complement the jalapenos, creating a delicious and vibrant combination.
- Garlic and onion: Adding a hint of garlic and onion to the jalapenos adds a savory and slightly sweet flavor.
- Chili powder and cumin: These two spices add a bit of kick to the jalapenos, making them perfect for adding a bit of heat to any dish.
- Tomato and avocado: The sweetness of the tomato and the creaminess of the avocado balance out the spice of the jalapenos.
No matter what flavors you choose to pair with your Mexican pickled jalapenos, the result will be sure to be delicious! Experiment with different combinations to find your favorite flavor combination.
What are the benefits of pickling jalapenos?
Pickling jalapenos is a great way to add spice and flavor to any dish. The benefits of pickling jalapenos are numerous, and here are just a few:
- Adding flavor: Pickled jalapenos give a mild and slightly sweet flavor to any dish. They can be used in tacos, salsa, guacamole, salads, soups, and more for an extra kick of flavor.
- Versatility: Pickled jalapenos can be added to almost any recipe. They can be used as a topping, mixed into a dip, or added to a soup or stew.
- Health benefits: Pickled jalapenos are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They are a great source of vitamins A, C, and E, which can help boost the immune system. They are also rich in fiber and can help lower cholesterol levels.
- Convenience: Pickled jalapenos come in jars, so they are easy to store and can last up to six months. This means you can always have a jar of pickled jalapenos on hand when you need them.
With all these benefits, it’s no wonder why pickling jalapenos is such a popular way to add flavor and spice to your cooking.
What are the health benefits of eating mexican pickled jalapenos?
Yes, there are some great health benefits to eating Mexican pickled jalapenos! Here are some of the key health benefits to enjoy:
- Improved digestion: Jalapenos are packed with dietary fiber, which can help keep your digestive system healthy and regular.
- Weight loss: The capsaicin in jalapenos can help boost your metabolism and burn fat, making them a great addition to any weight loss plan.
- Reduced inflammation: Jalapenos contain antioxidants that can help reduce inflammation and boost overall health.
- Improved heart health: A diet rich in jalapenos can help reduce cholesterol levels, which can improve your overall heart health.
- Improved immune system: Eating jalapenos can help strengthen your immune system, making it easier for your body to fight off infections and illnesses.
- Improved mental health: Eating jalapenos has been linked to improved mental health, including increased focus and concentration.
How can mexican pickled jalapenos be used in recipes?
Pickled jalapenos add a flavorful and spicy kick to any dish. The Mexican variety of pickled jalapenos also has a unique and delicious taste that can enhance the flavor of many recipes. They can be used in a variety of ways, from salads and salsas to tacos and burritos. Here are a few creative ways to use Mexican pickled jalapenos in your favorite recipes.
For a flavorful salad, dice pickled jalapenos and mix them with cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado. Top off with a light vinaigrette and you have a delicious, low-calorie salad packed with flavor.
For a unique take on salsa, add some chopped pickled jalapenos to a traditional tomato salsa. The addition of the pickled jalapenos will give the salsa a unique flavor and plenty of heat.
Pickled jalapenos can also be used to spice up traditional tacos and burritos. Add a few slices of pickled jalapenos to the filling of your tacos or burritos for a delicious blast of flavor.
Finally, pickled jalapenos can be used to make flavorful sauces. Try blending some pickled jalapenos with garlic, olive oil, and fresh lime juice to create a delicious, spicy sauce. Whether you’re looking for something to drizzle over tacos or to dip chips in, this sauce will not disappoint.
These are just a few of the many ways you can use Mexican pickled jalapenos in your favorite recipes. Try adding them to your dishes for a flavorful, spicy kick that will make your taste buds sing.
How can mexican pickled jalapenos be stored for long-term use?
Storing Mexican pickled jalapenos for long-term use is easy and will ensure you have a delicious and spicy snack for months to come! To store pickled jalapenos, make sure to follow these steps:
- Place the pickled jalapenos in an airtight container. This will help keep all the flavors and spices of the jalapenos fresh and delicious.
- Store the container in the refrigerator. This will help the jalapenos stay fresh and flavorful for up to 6 months.
- Make sure to check on the jalapenos every few weeks. If you notice the jalapenos are starting to look slimy or have an off-odor, it’s time to discard them.