I’ll never forget the first time I tried this delicious Maple-Glazed Salmon With Pineapple recipe. I was so amazed at the sweet and savory combination of flavors that I just had to make it again! The sweetness of the maple glaze was perfectly balanced with the salty and smoky flavor of the salmon, and the pineapple added a hint of tropical flavor that made this dish truly extraordinary.
Maple-Glazed Salmon With Pineapple Recipe
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce (such as Bragg®)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 (6 ounce) skin-on center-cut salmon fillets
- ¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 2 slices fresh pineapple, halved
- 2 wedges lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, grated ginger, and 3 tablespoons of maple syrup. Stir until ingredients are well blended.
- Place salmon fillets in a shallow baking dish. Brush each fillet with the maple-soy sauce mixture. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Spray a non-stick oven-safe skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Place salmon fillets in the skillet, skin side down. Cook for about 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Turn fillets over and place pineapple slices on top. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Place skillet in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
- Serve salmon with pineapple slices and a lemon wedge on the side. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 fillet
- Calories: 162
- Total Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 372mg
- Carbohydrates: 11.3g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sugar: 8.2g
- Protein: 17.3g
Variations on maple-glazed salmon with pineapple
Variations on Maple-Glazed Salmon With Pineapple can be endless, depending on the ingredients and flavors you choose to use. To explore different variations of this classic combination, you can start by trying different spices and seasonings. Curry powder, cumin, chili powder, and ground ginger are all great additions to the glaze. You can also try different types of maple syrup, such as dark amber or Grade B syrup, for a more intense flavor.
If desired, you can add other fruits to the mix, such as apples and oranges. You can also use different types of pineapples, such as fresh, canned, or frozen. To add more texture and crunch, consider adding nuts to the glaze, such as walnuts, almonds, or pecans.
For a creamier version, try adding a dollop of plain Greek yogurt to the glaze. This will help to mellow out the sweetness of the maple syrup. You can also add a splash of lime or lemon juice to the glaze for a hint of tartness.
Finally, if you want to switch up the presentation, you can try serving the glazed salmon over a bed of cooked quinoa, couscous, or rice. Or, try roasting the salmon alongside the pineapple for a more caramelized flavor.
As you can see, there are endless variations on Maple-Glazed Salmon With Pineapple. With a few simple tweaks, you can take this classic combination to the next level.
Benefits of eating maple-glazed salmon with pineapple
Eating Maple-Glazed Salmon With Pineapple is beneficial for its unique combination of nutritional and flavor benefits. Here are some of the advantages of this combination:
- High in Protein: Salmon is an excellent source of protein, providing essential nutrition for muscle growth and repair. The added maple glaze and pineapple topping provide additional nutrients and flavor that can help make your meal more interesting.
- High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Salmon is also high in Omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce inflammation and improve heart health.
- Rich in Vitamins: Pineapple is high in Vitamin C, which helps the body fight off infection and boosts the immune system. Maple glaze also adds additional vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Low in Calories: This combination of salmon, maple glaze, and pineapple is low in calories, making it a good choice for those watching their weight.
- Delicious Flavor: The combination of sweet maple glaze and tart pineapple creates a unique flavor that is both delicious and nutritious.
In addition to its unique flavor, eating Maple-Glazed Salmon With Pineapple provides a variety of nutritional benefits that can help improve overall health. From protein to vitamins to Omega-3 fatty acids, this combination provides a variety of important nutrients that can help you reach your health and fitness goals.
Cooking tips for maple-glazed salmon with pineapple
Make sure to season your salmon with salt and pepper before glazing with the maple syrup. This will enhance the flavor of the fish and help balance out the sweetness of the glaze.
- To ensure your salmon is cooked evenly and thoroughly, cook it over medium-high heat for about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Consider adding a pinch of cayenne pepper to the glaze for a subtle kick of heat.
- If you want to add an extra layer of flavor, sprinkle some chopped green onions over the salmon before serving.
- For a more intense flavor, marinate the salmon in a mixture of soy sauce, honey, and minced garlic for 10-15 minutes prior to cooking.
- If you want to make the dish healthier, substitute the maple syrup with a mixture of honey and brown sugar.
- For added texture and crunch, sprinkle some slivered almonds over the salmon before glazing with the maple syrup.
- To give the dish a tropical twist, add some diced pineapple to the glaze for a sweet and refreshing flavor.
- When serving, top with a few slices of lime for a burst of citrusy flavor.
Health benefits of maple-glazed salmon with pineapple
The combination of flavors in maple-glazed salmon with pineapple provides a bevy of health benefits. Here are some of the most notable:
- Improved Heart Health: Salmon is an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to improve cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Reduced Risk of Diabetes: Pineapple is a rich source of fiber and vitamin C, both of which help to regulate blood sugar and reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Enhanced Immunity: The combination of salmon and pineapple is a rich source of vitamin C, which helps to boost the immune system and reduce the risk of infection.
- Improved Digestive Health: The combination of salmon and pineapple provides a good source of fiber, which helps to keep the digestive system running smoothly.
- Improved Brain Function: Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which have been linked to improved brain function and cognitive development.
- Improved Bone Health: Vitamin C and other nutrients found in salmon and pineapple help to promote healthy bones and reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
Overall, the combination of flavors in maple-glazed salmon with pineapple offers a wide range of health benefits. Eating this combination as part of a healthy diet can help to improve overall health, reduce the risk of chronic illnesses, and promote longevity.
Pairing maple-glazed salmon with pineapple
Pairing Maple-Glazed Salmon With Pineapple:
- Side dishes: A light, flavorful side dish like wild rice pilaf or a spinach and quinoa salad can help to bring out the sweetness of the maple and pineapple.
- Drinks: To further emphasize the sweetness of the maple and pineapple flavors, try pairing the dish with a sparkling white wine or a light, fruity beer.
- Dessert: To complete the meal, a light dessert such as a simple fruit salad or a sorbet can help to balance out the sweetness of the maple-glazed salmon and pineapple.