Tart, Sweet And Delicious Lemon-Raspberry Oatmeal Crumb Bars
When life gives you lemons, make Lemon-Raspberry Oatmeal Crumb Bars! These delicious bars are the perfect combination of tart and sweet, and their crumbly oatmeal topping makes them an irresistible treat. I’ve been baking up these bars for years now, and it’s still one of my favorite recipes. Whether you’re looking for an easy snack to bring to a party or just want to treat yourself, Lemon-Raspberry Oatmeal Crumb Bars are sure to please.
Lemon-Raspberry Oatmeal Crumb Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup rolled oats, 1 cup brown sugar, ½ cup white sugar, ¾ cup melted butter, and ½ teaspoon baking powder until crumbly. Reserve 1 ½ tablespoons of the mixture and set aside. Press the remaining crumb mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Spread 2 cups fresh raspberries over the crumb mixture. Sprinkle ¼ cup white sugar over the raspberries. Drizzle the lemon mixture over the sugar.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!
- (per serving, assuming 8 servings)
- Calories: 384 kcal
- Fat: 14.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 61.5 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Sugar: 34.5 g
- Sodium: 146.5 mg
What is the most unique way to serve lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars?
The most unique way to serve lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars is to cut them into four sections, so each section includes a different flavor combination. To do this, make a lemon-raspberry-flavored bar by combining lemon zest, raspberry jam, and oats. Then, divide the bar into four sections, and top each section with a different combination of ingredients. For example, you could top one section with white chocolate chips and nuts, another with mini marshmallows and coconut flakes, a third with dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips, and the fourth with sliced almonds and a drizzle of honey.
How can lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars be adapted to suit individual tastes?
Lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars can be adapted to suit individual tastes by altering the ingredients or adjusting the baking time.
One way to change the flavor of the bars is to switch out some of the ingredients. For example, if you prefer a more tart flavor, you could add more lemon juice or zest. Alternatively, if you like a sweeter taste, you could add some honey or maple syrup. You could also opt for a different type of berry, such as blueberries or strawberries for a different flavor.
Another way to adapt the recipe is to adjust the baking time. If you want a softer bar, you can reduce the baking time by a few minutes. Alternatively, if you prefer a crunchier bar, you can bake it for a few minutes longer.
Finally, if you have dietary restrictions, you can make the recipe gluten-free by substituting the flour with a gluten-free alternative. You can also make the bars vegan-friendly by using vegan butter and a plant-based milk.
By making simple alterations to the ingredients or the baking time, you can easily adapt lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars to suit individual tastes.
What health benefits can be derived from eating lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars?
Lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars are a great and delicious way to provide your body with essential nutrients it needs to stay healthy.
- These bars are a good source of dietary fiber. Eating these bars can help to lower cholesterol and improve digestion. They also help to promote a feeling of fullness, making them an excellent snack option.
- The lemon and raspberry add a lot of antioxidants to the bars, which help to protect the body from free radical damage and chronic disease.
- Eating these bars regularly can also help to improve cognitive function and reduce inflammation in the body. The antioxidants in the lemons and raspberries help to protect the brain from oxidative damage and reduce inflammation in the body.
- The oats in these bars are also a great source of complex carbohydrates, which can help to regulate blood sugar levels and provide sustained energy.
- Finally, these bars are a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C and magnesium. Vitamin C is important for a healthy immune system, while magnesium helps to promote healthy bones and muscles.
In conclusion, lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars are a delicious and nutritious snack option that can provide many health benefits. Eating these bars regularly can help to improve digestion, reduce inflammation, boost cognitive function, and more.
What type of occasions are best suited for serving lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars?
Lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars are a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that can be served for a variety of occasions. These bars are perfect for potlucks, family gatherings, and afternoon tea parties. They also make a great addition to holiday celebrations, such as Easter and Christmas.
These bars offer a flavorful combination of tartness from the lemon, sweetness from the raspberries, and crunchiness from the oatmeal crumb topping. The combination of flavors makes them a great treat for any occasion. The bars are simple to make, yet they look impressive when served.
At potlucks, lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars are a great dessert option. They can be cut into small, bite-sized pieces and easily shared among friends and family. They also provide a nice contrast to heavier dishes, such as macaroni and cheese or lasagna.
For family gatherings, lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars are a great way to end a meal. They’re perfect for an after-dinner snack and can be served with coffee or tea. They also make a great snack for kids, as the bars are not too sweet.
Lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars are also a great treat for afternoon tea parties. They are a lovely addition to a platter of finger sandwiches and other sweet treats. They can be cut into small pieces and served with a cup of tea or a glass of sparkling cider.
Finally, lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars are a great addition to holiday celebrations. For Easter, they make a great dessert and can be decorated with colorful sprinkles. For Christmas, they can be cut into small pieces and served with a cup of hot cocoa.
Overall, lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars are an easy and tasty dessert that can be served for a variety of occasions. From potlucks to family gatherings to tea parties and holiday celebrations, these bars make a great addition to any event.
What are some creative ways to decorate lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars?
Decorating lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars can be a fun and creative way to add some extra pizzazz to a classic treat. Here are some ideas for how to decorate these delicious bars:
- Sprinkle with Toasted Coconut: After the bars have cooled, top them with toasted coconut flakes for a tropical twist.
- Drizzle with White Chocolate: To dress up the bars, drizzle them with melted white chocolate for a sweet, creamy finish.
- Add a Cream Cheese Frosting: A simple cream cheese frosting makes a delicious topping for the bars. Simply mix together cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla and spread it over the top.
- Top with Berries: For a colorful and delicious addition, top the bars with fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries before serving.
- Add a Drizzle of Lemon Glaze: For a tangy and tart finish, coat the bars in a lemon glaze made with freshly squeezed lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar.
By using one of these creative decorating ideas, you can take your lemon-raspberry oatmeal crumb bars to the next level. Whether you decide to top them with toasted coconut, white chocolate, cream cheese frosting, berries, or a lemon glaze, these bars are sure to be a hit.