Since becoming a mom, I’ve been looking for ways to support my milk supply while also enjoying delicious treats. That’s why I was so excited to discover lactation cookies! These cookies are packed with healthy ingredients that are meant to help support breastfeeding moms. I’ve made these cookies several times and they are always a hit with the whole family. I can’t wait to share this recipe with you so you can enjoy them too.
Lactation Cookies Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons ground fenugreek
- 1 teaspoon brewer’s yeast
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Let’s get started by preheating the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Now in a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, ground flaxseed, ground fenugreek, and brewer’s yeast.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in the rolled oats and chocolate chips (if desired).
- Take a tablespoon of dough and drop onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious and nutritious homemade lactation cookies!
- Calories: 296
- Fat: 9.6g
- Carbohydrates: 40.8g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Sodium: 225mg
- Cholesterol: 38mg
What ingredients should be included in a lactation cookie recipe?
When it comes to what ingredients should be included in a lactation cookie recipe, there are some tried-and-true staples that should be a part of any recipe. This includes oats, brewer’s yeast, flaxseed meal, and a variety of edible oils. Oats are a great source of fiber and slow-release carbohydrates, which can help keep mom’s energy levels up throughout the day. Brewer’s yeast is also a wonderful ingredient to include in a lactation cookie recipe; it’s packed with vitamin B, as well as magnesium and iron, which can help to increase milk production. Flaxseed meal provides omega-3 fatty acids, which can be beneficial for both baby and mom. Finally, a variety of edible oils, such as coconut oil and olive oil, can help to add flavor to the cookies and provide essential fatty acids.
In addition to these key ingredients, there are a variety of other items that can be included in a lactation cookie recipe to make it even more delicious. Chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, and even marshmallows can all make for great additions. Not only can these ingredients make for a tasty treat, but they can also provide additional vitamins and minerals, as well as energy, to help mom get through her day.
Ultimately, when it comes to deciding what ingredients should be included in a lactation cookie recipe, it really depends on what you’re looking for. Whether you’re looking for something quick and easy, or something more complex and delicious, there are plenty of options to choose from. With a little bit of creativity and some key ingredients, you can create a lactation cookie recipe that is sure to be both tasty and beneficial.
Are there any potential risks associated with eating lactation cookies?
Yes! Eating lactation cookies can come with certain potential risks, but they are usually minor. It’s important to be aware of these risks so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not to include them in your diet.
The most common risk associated with eating lactation cookies is an allergic reaction to the ingredients. Many lactation cookies contain ingredients like oats, nuts, and dairy products, which can cause an allergic reaction in some people. If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in a particular brand of lactation cookie, it’s best to avoid it altogether.
Another potential risk is that some ingredients in lactation cookies can affect the hormones in your body. For example, fenugreek, an ingredient often found in lactation cookies, can cause elevated levels of testosterone in some women. While this doesn’t typically cause any lasting health problems, it’s something to be aware of.
Finally, it’s important to be aware that lactation cookies are not regulated by the FDA. This means that it’s important to check the ingredients list of any lactation cookie you buy, as some brands may contain ingredients that are not suitable for everyone.
Overall, the potential risks associated with eating lactation cookies are usually minor, but it’s important to be aware of them in order to make an informed decision about whether or not they are right for you.
What are the benefits of eating lactation cookies for nursing mothers?
Eating lactation cookies offers nursing mothers a range of health and nutritional benefits.
- Lactation cookies are made with ingredients that help to increase milk supply, such as oats, Brewer’s yeast, and flaxseed.
- Eating lactation cookies can help to provide nursing mothers with important vitamins and minerals, such as iron, calcium, and Vitamin D.
- These cookies can also help to reduce stress levels, boost energy, and improve mood.
- Eating lactation cookies may also support good digestion and help to improve sleep.
- Lastly, lactation cookies are easy to incorporate into a nursing mother’s daily routine and offer a delicious snack that is both nutritious and satisfying.
How do lactation cookies compare to other lactation-boosting products?
Lactation cookies are a great alternative to traditional lactation-boosting products! Compared to other supplements, lactation cookies offer more convenience and variety in taste. Here’s how they measure up against other popular lactation-boosting products:
- Cost: Lactation cookies are generally more affordable than other supplements, making them an attractive option for budget-conscious moms.
- Taste: Lactation cookies come in a variety of flavors and can be made with natural ingredients to enhance the taste. Other supplements often come in pill form with an unpleasant taste.
- Convenience: Lactation cookies come ready to eat. Other supplements require mixing or brewing with water or milk, which can be time-consuming.
- Availability: Lactation cookies are widely available online and in stores. Other supplements may be harder to find and require special ordering.
Overall, lactation cookies offer a convenient and tasty way to support lactation without breaking the bank.
What tips should nursing mothers consider when preparing lactation cookies?
As a nursing mother, you want to make sure you are getting the nutrition you need to provide your baby with the best possible nutrition. Lactation cookies are an easy and delicious way to get the essential vitamins and minerals you need while also boosting your milk production. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your lactation cookies:
- Choose recipes with ingredients that are healthy and nutritious. Look for ingredients like oats, flaxseed, brewer’s yeast, and other healthy ingredients.
- Use organic ingredients. Organic ingredients are free of chemicals, pesticides, and other pollutants that can affect your milk production and the quality of your milk.
- Avoid ingredients that may be difficult to digest, such as nuts, chocolate chips, and certain spices.
- Consider adding herbs and spices to your recipes. Herbs and spices like fennel, anise, and fenugreek can help boost your milk production.
- Store your lactation cookies in an airtight container. This will help to keep them fresh and delicious.
- Eat lactation cookies in moderation. Too much of any one food can be bad for your health and your baby’s health.
By following these tips, you can make sure that your lactation cookies are nutritious, delicious, and beneficial for you and your baby.
How can lactation cookies help increase milk supply?
Lactation cookies are a delicious way to help increase your milk supply! Packed with ingredients that support the production of breast milk, these cookies are easy to make and provide a nutritious snack for nursing mothers. Plus, they can be enjoyed by everyone in the family! Here’s how lactation cookies can help increase your milk supply.
Firstly, lactation cookies contain ingredients that are known to support milk production. Many of these ingredients are natural and nutritious, such as oats, flax seeds and brewer’s yeast. These ingredients provide essential vitamins and minerals like iron, calcium and vitamin B that support lactation.
Secondly, the act of eating lactation cookies can help to increase your milk supply. Eating regularly is important for maintaining a healthy milk supply. Lactation cookies provide a convenient and tasty snack that can be enjoyed throughout the day.
Finally, the act of baking and eating lactation cookies can help to reduce stress and create a relaxing atmosphere. Stress can be a major hurdle in increasing milk supply, so having a relaxing baking session can be just what you need. Baking with family, or even for your family, can also be a great way to bond and reduce stress.
Lactation cookies are an easy and delicious way to increase your milk supply. Packed with nutritious ingredients that support lactation, and with the added bonus of reducing stress, these cookies are an ideal snack for nursing mothers.