I can’t think of a better way to bring a cozy fall feeling into my home than with a freshly-baked Honey Pumpkin Pie. I remember when I first tried this recipe—the sweet honey and warm spices made my kitchen smell like a dream. It’s a delicious combination of seasonal flavors that will make your mouth water. Plus, it’s so easy to make—even a baking novice can whip this up in no time. With its unique flavor and silky texture, this Honey Pumpkin Pie is the perfect treat for any autumn gathering.
Honey Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup honey
- ⅔ cup Almond Breeze Vanilla almondmilk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons Almond Breeze Vanilla almondmilk, or more as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, honey, ⅔ cup of Almond Breeze Vanilla almondmilk, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, vegetable shortening, and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until fully combined.
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Pour the pie mixture into the prepared pie plate and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt on top of the pie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Drizzle the remaining 3 tablespoons of Almond Breeze Vanilla almondmilk over the top of the cooled pie.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/8th of a 9-inch pie plate)
- Calories: 207
- Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 27.3g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Sugars: 11.2g
The perfect thanksgiving dessert: how to make honey pumpkin pie
If you’re looking for the perfect Thanksgiving dessert, look no further than Honey Pumpkin Pie! This classic holiday favorite is a classic for a reason: it’s incredibly flavorful, easy to make, and can be personalized to suit your tastes. Here’s how to make Honey Pumpkin Pie at home.
First, you’ll need to make the crust. Start by combining 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour with 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup of cold butter (or margarine, if you prefer) until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the mixture, and add 1/4 cup of cold water. Stir together until the dough forms a ball.
Next, prepare the filling. In a large bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger. Add 2 (15-ounce) cans of pumpkin puree and 1/2 cup of honey. Stir the mixture until all ingredients are combined.
Roll the crust dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and transfer it to an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Trim the edges, and pour the filling into the crust.
Bake the pie at 375°F for 40-45 minutes, or until the crust is golden-brown and the filling is set. Let the pie cool completely before serving.
Enjoy the perfect Thanksgiving dessert with your family and friends! Honey Pumpkin Pie is sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering.
The benefits of using honey in pumpkin pie
Honey adds a unique depth of flavor to pumpkin pie that can’t be replicated with other types of sweeteners.
- Honey has a lower glycemic index than other sweeteners, making it a healthier alternative for those with diabetes or those looking to watch their sugar intake.
- Using honey in pumpkin pie adds a more complex flavor to the dish, with a hint of floral and earthy notes.
- Honey adds a nice, glossy sheen to the pumpkin pie, making it look more appetizing.
- Honey is a natural source of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, making it a healthier choice than processed sweeteners.
Tips for making the perfect honey pumpkin pie every time
Before you start baking, make sure to have the right pie dish and ingredients. Choose an oven-safe glass or ceramic pie dish for the best results. You’ll need a can of pumpkin puree, eggs, honey, butter, spices, and a pie crust.
- Preheat your oven to at least 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the filling, mix together the pumpkin puree, eggs, honey, butter, and spices.
- Place the pie crust in the dish and pour in the filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the filling has set and the crust is golden brown.
- Let the pie cool before serving.
A quick history of pumpkin pie
Pumpkin pie is a classic dessert commonly served during the autumn and winter months, often enjoyed during Thanksgiving in the United States. Its history dates back to the 16th century when Native Americans first cooked pumpkins with honey, spices, and other ingredients. From there, pumpkin pie recipes spread to England and eventually to the United States, where it became a traditional holiday dish.
The earliest written pumpkin pie recipes included ingredients such as honey, spices, and butter; these recipes were typically baked in a pastry crust. Over time, recipes evolved to include the use of evaporated and condensed milks, which created a creamier texture. The addition of eggs also helped to bind the filling together, allowing it to hold its shape when sliced.
Today, pumpkin pie is a beloved holiday classic. Variations of the classic recipe can be found all over the world, with each culture adding their own unique touches. Honey pumpkin pie, for example, is made with a combination of pumpkin puree, spices, and honey, which creates a sweet and flavorful dessert.
What makes honey pumpkin pie a unique recipe
Honey pumpkin pie is a delicious, unique autumnal recipe that combines sweet honey, spicy pumpkin and aromatic spices to create a dessert that is both comforting and indulgent. The sweetness of the honey balances out the spiciness of the pumpkin, while the spices add a warm, aromatic flavor. The combination of these flavors creates a unique, mouth-watering dessert that is unlike any other.
Honey pumpkin pie is easy to make, as it uses basic ingredients like canned pumpkin, honey, butter, and spices. The crust can be made with either a store-bought pie crust or a homemade version. Once the crust is prepared, the filling is simply a mix of honey, sugar, pumpkin, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. The ingredients are combined and poured into the prepared crust, and it is then baked until golden brown.
One of the things that makes honey pumpkin pie a unique recipe is the use of honey. Honey adds a subtle sweetness that compliments the pumpkin and spices perfectly. Honey is a natural sweetener and is much healthier than refined sugars, making this recipe a healthier alternative to traditional pumpkin pies.
Another unique aspect of honey pumpkin pie is the combination of spices used. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice all lend their own unique flavor to the recipe, creating a complex flavor profile that is both comforting and flavorful. The aromas of the spices combined with the sweetness of the honey make it a truly special treat.
Honey pumpkin pie is an easy, yet unique recipe that is perfect for fall. By combining sweet honey, spicy pumpkin, and aromatic spices, this delicious dessert is sure to be a hit with family and friends.