I love seafood, especially shrimp! I just discovered this amazing Honey-Garlic Shrimp recipe and I’m so excited to share it with you. The combination of sweet honey and savory garlic adds an incredible flavor to the shrimp. Plus, it’s super easy to make and ready in just 20 minutes! This recipe is sure to become a favorite in your home.
Honey-Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 pound frozen large shell-on shrimp
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the soy sauce, honey, and Sriracha sauce and stir until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet and stir until combined.
- Add the frozen shrimp and stir until they are coated in the sauce.
- Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and stir in the green onions.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 239
- Fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrates: 17.2g
- Protein: 22.3g
- Sodium: 880mg
- Cholesterol: 143mg
- Sugar: 11.7g
What are the best cooking techniques for honey-garlic shrimp?
The best cooking techniques for honey-garlic shrimp are baking, grilling, pan-frying, and sautéing. Each of these methods offers a delicious and easy way to prepare honey-garlic shrimp.
Baking honey-garlic shrimp is a simple and straightforward way to prepare a tasty dish. To bake honey-garlic shrimp, season the shrimp with salt and pepper, then coat them in a mixture of honey, garlic, and butter. Place the shrimp on a sheet pan, and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
Grilling is another great way to cook honey-garlic shrimp. To grill honey-garlic shrimp, season the shrimp with salt and pepper, then coat them in a mixture of honey, garlic, and butter. Place the shrimp on the grill, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
Pan-frying is another great way to cook honey-garlic shrimp. To pan-fry honey-garlic shrimp, season the shrimp with salt and pepper, then coat them in a mixture of honey, garlic, and butter. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, then add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
Lastly, sautéing is a great way to cook honey-garlic shrimp. To sauté honey-garlic shrimp, season the shrimp with salt and pepper, then coat them in a mixture of honey, garlic, and butter. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, then add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
No matter which method you choose, honey-garlic shrimp can be prepared quickly and easily. With any of these methods, you can enjoy a delicious and flavorful dish in no time.
What side dishes pair well with honey-garlic shrimp?
When it comes to side dishes that pair well with honey-garlic shrimp, there are a variety of options to choose from. Roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, and rice are all great options to accompany this delicious seafood dish.
Roasted vegetables, such as broccoli, bell peppers, and cauliflower, are the perfect accompaniment to honey-garlic shrimp. Roasting the vegetables not only brings out their natural sweetness and enhances their flavor, it also creates a delicious contrast to the savory, sweet, and garlicky flavors of the shrimp.
Another great side dish for honey-garlic shrimp is mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes provide a creamy and neutral flavor that compliments the shrimp. You can add a variety of herbs and spices to the potatoes to give them an extra flavor boost, such as garlic, parsley, chives, or thyme.
Rice is also a great side dish to serve with honey-garlic shrimp. White rice, brown rice, or wild rice are all great options and can be cooked with a variety of flavors, such as garlic, parsley, and other herbs and spices. You can also add vegetables to the rice to make it even more flavorful and nutritious.
No matter what side dish you choose to pair with honey-garlic shrimp, it will sure to be a delicious and satisfying meal. The combination of savory, sweet, and garlicky flavors of the shrimp with the creamy, neutral, and flavorful side dish will make for a delicious meal that everyone can enjoy.
What health benefits does honey-garlic shrimp offer?
Honey-Garlic Shrimp offers a range of health benefits, including:
- Improved Heart Health: Honey-Garlic Shrimp is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which have been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease. Additionally, the garlic in the recipe contains allicin, an organosulfur compound that has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties that are beneficial for cardiovascular health.
- Improved Brain Function: Omega-3 fatty acids are also known to improve brain function and memory, while the garlic in Honey-Garlic Shrimp contains allicin, which has neuroprotective effects.
- Improved Immunity: The garlic in Honey-Garlic Shrimp is a natural antibiotic and can help to boost the immune system. Additionally, the seafood included in the recipe is a good source of zinc, which is essential for a strong immune system.
- Reduced Risk of Cancer: Honey-Garlic Shrimp contains a range of antioxidants, including allicin, which can help to reduce the risk of cancer. Additionally, the omega-3 fatty acids in the recipe have been linked to a reduced risk of certain types of cancer.
How does the combination of honey and garlic affect the flavor of shrimp?
Honey and garlic together provide a unique sweet and savory flavor to shrimp.
- The honey helps to bring out the sweetness in the shrimp, while the garlic adds a deep and complex flavor.
- The combination of the two ingredients also helps to balance out the strong flavor of the shrimp, creating a more subtle and enjoyable flavor.
- The sweetness of the honey helps to reduce the amount of salt needed for seasoning the shrimp, making the dish healthier.
- The garlic also adds a kick of flavor to the shrimp, making it a more flavorful and enjoyable dish.
- The combination of honey and garlic creates a delicious and versatile flavor that can be used in a variety of dishes.
Are there any variations to the traditional honey-garlic shrimp recipe?
Yes, there are several variations that can be made to the traditional honey-garlic shrimp recipe. These variations can be made to accommodate different dietary restrictions and preferences, or to give the dish more flavor.
One variation to consider is preparing the shrimp with a gluten-free soy sauce. This substitution is suitable for those with gluten allergies or intolerances, and still provides the flavor of the traditional sauce. To further enhance the flavor, a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger or a few drops of sesame oil can be added to the marinade.
Another variation is to use a marinade with less honey, or no honey at all. This makes the dish lighter and healthier, and can make it a suitable meal for those following a low-carb or ketogenic diet. To replace the sweetness of the honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, or a combination of honey and brown sugar can be used.
For a spicier version of the dish, cayenne pepper or chili flakes can be added to the marinade. Other spices, such as paprika, cumin, or garlic powder, can also be added to create a more complex flavor.
Finally, the traditional recipe can be made into a one-pan meal by adding vegetables such as broccoli, bell peppers, mushrooms, or asparagus. This makes the dish more nutritious and adds texture and flavor.
Overall, there are a variety of ways to customize the traditional honey-garlic shrimp recipe. Whether you are looking for a healthier version, a spicier dish, or a more flavorful meal, these variations are sure to satisfy.