When I first tried Hawaiian Beef Sliders, I was amazed by the burst of flavors that delighted my taste buds. The combination of sweet teriyaki sauce, juicy beef patties, and tangy pineapple makes these sliders a delicious and unique treat. The sweetness of the teriyaki sauce and the tangy flavor of the pineapple provide the perfect balance to the savory beef patties, making these sliders a crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
Hawaiian Beef Sliders Recipe
- 1 ¼ pounds beef top sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, divided
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple rings
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil, divided
- ¼ cup prepared ponzu sauce
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 6 slider-sized burger buns
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the beef sirloin slices in a large bowl.
- Slice the red onion into thin slices and add to the bowl.
- Mince the jalapeno pepper and add to the bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from one lime into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Mince the garlic cloves and add to the bowl.
- Drain the pineapple rings and add to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream, Sriracha sauce, 1 tablespoon of oil, ponzu sauce, 4 teaspoons of sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix together until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture over the beef and onion mixture and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Grease a baking dish with the remaining oil and spread the beef and onion mixture evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar and salt and pepper over the beef.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the beef is cooked through.
- Toast the slider buns in the oven for a few minutes until lightly toasted.
- Serve the Hawaiian Beef Sliders on the toasted slider buns. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 slider
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Protein: 13g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Sugar: 12g
What are the origins of the hawaiian beef slider?
The origins of the Hawaiian Beef Slider are rooted in the Hawaiian Islands. These sliders have been around for decades and have been a favorite snack of both locals and visitors alike.
The traditional slider consists of a small, soft bun filled with a patty of ground beef, pork, or poultry, topped with lettuce, tomato, pineapple, and a generous spread of teriyaki sauce. The sliders are usually served as an appetizer or snack, but can also be served as an entrée.
The Hawaiian Beef Slider is believed to have originated in the mid-1970s when it was first served in a local restaurant in Honolulu. It quickly became a popular dish among locals and tourists, who appreciated its small size and simple flavors. Over the years, the slider has evolved to include different toppings and sauces, but the core ingredients remain the same.
Today, the popularity of the Hawaiian Beef Slider has spread far and wide, with variations being found in restaurants and food trucks across the U.S. and beyond. Its unique taste and flavor make it an ideal snack or meal for any occasion, and its origins in Hawaii ensure that each bite is always filled with aloha.
What makes the hawaiian beef slider different from other types of sliders?
The Hawaiian Beef Slider is a unique type of slider that combines traditional Hawaiian flavors with a classic American slider. It is a hamburger-style sandwich that is typically served in slider form on a small bun with a teriyaki-based sauce, grilled pineapple, and melted cheese. The combination of flavors gives the Hawaiian Beef Slider a distinct, sweet-savory flavor profile that sets it apart from other types of sliders.
The teriyaki-based sauce is what sets the Hawaiian Beef Slider apart from other sliders. The sauce is made from a combination of soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and pineapple juice for a sweet-savory flavor that adds a unique dimension to the slider. The grilled pineapple and melted cheese further add to the sweet-savory flavor profile and give the slider a delicious, tropical twist.
The Hawaiian Beef Slider is a unique and delicious twist on a classic American slider. The combination of teriyaki-based sauce, grilled pineapple, and melted cheese creates a flavor profile that is both sweet and savory, unlike other types of sliders. This combination of flavors makes the Hawaiian Beef Slider a flavorful and unique twist on a classic favorite.
What are some tips for making the perfect hawaiian beef slider?
Start with lean ground beef and season it with garlic, onion, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Use sweet Hawaiian rolls as the slider buns.
- Use fresh pineapple to add sweetness and flavor to the slider.
- Use a combination of mayonnaise and BBQ sauce for the perfect slider sauce.
- Add lettuce, tomato, and onion for a fresh crunch and taste.
- Grill the sliders on a preheated grill to get a nice char and flavor.
- Serve the sliders with a side of fries, tater tots, or coleslaw.
What are some creative ways to customize the hawaiian beef slider?
There are many creative ways to customize the Hawaiian beef slider, from adding unique toppings to experimenting with cooking techniques. Here are some ideas to get you started.
For a juicy and flavorful slider, consider adding grilled pineapple, caramelized onions, or a dollop of guacamole. A classic burger topping like lettuce, tomato and cheese can also be used for a more classic take on the Hawaiian beef slider. For a spicy kick, top the slider with jalapeños and a creamy Sriracha mayo.
When it comes to cooking the slider, you can try using a skillet for a crispy, crunchy texture. To enhance the flavor, try marinating the beef overnight with a combination of Hawaiian-inspired ingredients like soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and pineapple juice. Grilling the slider is also a great option to add a smoky flavor.
No matter how you choose to customize your slider, adding a Hawaiian twist will surely make your slider stand out.
How can hawaiian beef sliders be served as part of a larger meal?
Hawaiian beef sliders can easily be served as part of a larger meal, and there are a variety of options to choose from. A popular option is to pair the sliders with a side salad. A light, flavorful salad with fresh ingredients, such as cucumbers, tomatoes, and greens, complements the savory flavors of the beef sliders. Additionally, adding a bit of cheese and a light dressing will add a bit of extra flavor to the dish.
If a heartier meal is desired, the sliders can be served alongside grilled vegetables. Grilled mushrooms, onions, peppers, and squash all pair nicely with the beef sliders and provide a healthy, protein-packed meal.
Another option is to serve the sliders alongside a creamy coleslaw. The cool, creamy texture of the coleslaw pairs perfectly with the savory flavor of the beef sliders. Adding thyme or other herbs to the coleslaw will add an extra layer of flavor to the meal.
Finally, Hawaiian beef sliders can also be served with a side of roasted potatoes. Roasted potatoes are a classic accompaniment to burgers and sliders, and they provide a delicious, savory crunch. Adding some herbs and spices to the potatoes before roasting will add an extra layer of flavor to the dish.
No matter what side dishes you choose, Hawaiian beef sliders are a delicious and easy way to create a flavorful meal. With the right sides and sauces, Hawaiian beef sliders can be the star of any dinner table.