These cookies are soft, chewy, and studded with chocolate chips. They’re also super easy to make!
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly until just mixed in
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 drops green food coloring dissolved in ½ teaspoon water (optional)
- 24 chocolate covered thin mints, cut into thirds crosswise with a sharp knife (or 1 [12-ounce] package Andes Mints, chopped)
- 48 Vanilla Wafers (about 2/3 of an 11.5 ounce package)
- ¼ cup flaked coconut or toasted chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
2. In a bowl, mix together food coloring with a few drops of water. Add coconut flakes and cover the container. Shake until the coconut is tinted. Set this mixture aside.
3. Place half of the vanilla wafers, flat side up, on an ungreased cookie sheet. Top each wafer with a peppermint patty or chocolate frosting.
4. Place in the oven for about one minute or just until the chocolate begins to soften. Remove cookies from oven and sprinkle each mint with 1/2 teaspoon of coconut flakes (for lettuce). 5Place another vanilla wafer on top and press gently so that it sticks together like a sandwich bun would.
6With a clean paint brush, brush the top of each hamburger with just enough water to moisten so that sesame seeds will stick when sprinkled on top of each cookie as well..
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated fat: 3.5 g
- Unsaturated fat: 0 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
- Sodium: 90 mg
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: 10g
What goes with burgers other than chips?
There are a variety of things that can go with burgers other than chips. Some popular options include fries, onion rings, sweet potato fries, and salad.
Fries are perhaps the most classic burger accompaniment there is. They are usually served hot and crispy, making them the perfect contrast to a juicy burger. Onion rings are another popular option, especially if they are homemade. Sweet potato fries are becoming increasingly popular as well, as they offer a slightly healthier alternative to regular french fries.
If you’re looking for something on the lighter side, a salad is always a good choice. A simple green salad or Caesar salad goes well with any type of burger. You could also try a fruit salad or slaw if you’re feeling adventurous.
What dessert goes best with burgers?
There are a lot of great desserts that can be served with burgers, but it really depends on what you are looking for. If you want something light and refreshing, then a Berry Icebox Cake or Easy Layered Banana Pudding would be perfect. If you are looking for something rich and decadent, then Chocolate Zucchini Cake or Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Cupcakes would be ideal. And if you are looking for something in between, then Lemon Brownies or Snickerdoodle Blondies would make a delicious addition to your burger meal.
How do you make hamburger cookies?
In order to make hamburger cookies, you will need the following ingredients: vanilla wafers, peppermint patties, and coconut.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, place half of the vanilla wafers on an ungreased cookie sheet, with the flat side up. Then, top each wafer with a peppermint patty.
Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for about one minute, or just until the chocolate begins to soften. Once they are done, remove them from the oven and sprinkle each mint with 1/2 teaspoon of coconut (for lettuce). And that’s it! Your delicious hamburger cookies are now ready to enjoy.
What is a good dessert that goes with hamburgers?
A good dessert to go with hamburgers is a bisquick strawberry shortcake. The sweetness of the strawberry pairs well with the savory flavors of the burger, and the biscuit crust adds a nice crunch. Other options include peach crumble or lemon meringue pie. If you’re looking for something lighter, try a coconut ice cream or a lemon blueberry cheesecake in a jar.
How do you make dessert burgers?
Dessert burgers are a fun and easy treat to make at home. All you need is a few ingredients and a little bit of time, and you can create something that looks and tastes amazing!
To start, you’ll need 24 wafers, rounded side down. Place them on a prepared baking sheet, then top each wafer with one burger patty. Next, top each burger patty with 1 teaspoon colored coconut. Finally, squeeze decorating gels on top of the coconut.