I’m so excited to share this recipe with y’all! I’ve been making this Gluten-Free Texas Sheet Cake for years now and it is my absolute favorite dessert. It’s moist, chocolatey, and totally delicious. Plus, it’s super easy to make and is totally gluten-free, so everyone can enjoy it. So, let’s get baking and make this delicious treat!
Gluten-Free Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter and 2 cups white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time. Stir in 1 cup buttermilk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture until fully incorporated. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan. Pour the batter into the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons cocoa powder and 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir until the cocoa powder has dissolved. Pour the mixture over the cake batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool before serving. Enjoy your delicious Gluten-Free Texas Sheet Cake!
- Calories: 915
- Total Fat: 38.8g
- Saturated Fat: 21.2g
- Cholesterol: 97mg
- Sodium: 571mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 133.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.1g
- Sugars: 80.6g
- Protein: 11.2g
What is a texas sheet cake and why is it so popular?
A Texas Sheet cake is a classic, crowd-pleasing dessert beloved by many. It’s a thin, one-layer cake with chocolate icing and often topped with chopped nuts. It’s well-known for its moist texture and rich, chocolatey flavor that’s sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. The cake is especially popular in the Southern states, but its appeal is far-reaching and can be found in bakeries and homes across the country.
The cake is quick and easy to make, requiring few ingredients and a simple preparation process. It’s often made as a sheet cake, which makes it easy to serve to a large group of people. The ingredients also make it a great gluten-free option, making it accessible to those with gluten sensitivities or allergies.
Altogether, the Texas Sheet cake is a delicious, timeless dessert that can be enjoyed by all. Its simple, straightforward recipe and delicious flavor make it a popular choice for any special occasion or gathering.
What are some of the benefits of eating a gluten-free texas sheet cake?
There are lots of benefits to eating a gluten-free Texas Sheet Cake! Here are some of the best things you can expect when you make this delicious dessert:
- A delicious and indulgent treat – The gluten-free Texas Sheet Cake is just as tasty as the traditional version and is sure to delight your taste buds.
- No gluten-related issues – By removing the gluten from the recipe, you can rest easy knowing that you won’t have any issues related to gluten.
- Healthier option – Since the cake is gluten-free, it is naturally lower in fat and calories than the traditional version.
- Easy to make – The recipe does not require any special ingredients or complicated techniques, so it’s easy for even the most novice baker to make.
- Versatile – The gluten-free Texas Sheet Cake can be customized with different frostings, toppings, and flavors, so you can enjoy it any way you like.
- Great for any occasion – Whether you’re hosting a party, taking a dish to a potluck, or just looking for a sweet treat, this gluten-free cake is sure to please.
What makes a texas sheet cake gluten-free?
Making a Texas Sheet Cake gluten-free is surprisingly simple! All you need to do is substitute a gluten-free flour blend for the all-purpose flour that the cake traditionally calls for. You can make this swap-out with any gluten-free cake recipe—from the classic yellow cake to an indulgent chocolate one. With the right ingredients, you can bake a delicious gluten-free Texas Sheet Cake that even the most die-hard gluten-eaters will enjoy.
Gluten-free ingredients are readily available at grocery stores and online retailers. Many stores carry a variety of gluten-free flours specifically designed for baking cakes, such as almond flour, coconut flour, or a combination of both. Look for a mix that includes xanthan gum, as this will help bind the ingredients together and give the cake a more traditional texture. It’s also important to use gluten-free baking powder and chocolate chips, as many brands of these contain gluten.
Once you have all the ingredients, the process of making a gluten-free Texas Sheet Cake is no different than making a regular one. Start by preheating your oven, then mix the dry ingredients together. Next, melt the butter and chocolate together and combine it with the egg and sugar. Finally, pour the batter into a greased baking pan and bake it in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
If you’re looking for a gluten-free version of a classic Texas Sheet Cake, you now know exactly what to do. With the right ingredients and a few simple steps, you can make a delicious cake that’s sure to please even the most gluten-sensitive eaters.
What ingredients are needed to make a gluten-free texas sheet cake?
Making a gluten-free Texas sheet cake is easier than you think! You only need a few simple ingredients to turn this classic dessert into a gluten-free treat. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Gluten-free all-purpose flour blend: Substitute regular flour with a blend of gluten-free flours like almond flour, rice flour, and tapioca starch.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter to make the cake more flavorful.
- Cocoa Powder: Choose a good-quality cocoa powder for best results.
- Sugar: Both granulated and light brown sugar are needed for the cake.
- Eggs: Make sure they’re at room temperature before starting.
- Vanilla Extract: Add a few drops of vanilla extract for an extra boost of flavor.
- Salt: Use a pinch of salt to bring out all the flavors.
- Baking Powder: This will help the cake rise.
- Milk: Use regular or non-dairy milk.
- Chocolate Chips: Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips for a delicious surprise in every bite.
How can you make a delicious gluten-free texas sheet cake?
Making a delicious gluten-free Texas sheet cake is easier than you think! With just a few minor adjustments, you can enjoy all the flavor of this classic dessert without the gluten. Here’s how!
First, you’ll need to make some substitutions to the traditional cake ingredients. Swap out all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend, such as Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour. For the butter, make sure you use a butter that is certified gluten-free. When it comes to the cocoa powder, make sure it’s also certified gluten-free.
Now for the fun part – baking! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9×13” baking dish. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Add the vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely.
While the cake cools, make the frosting. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cocoa powder until creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar, a little at a time, and continue beating until fully combined. Beat in the milk and vanilla extract until smooth.