These German Chocolate Snacking Bars are a delicious, easy to make treat that is perfect for any occasion! Made with just a few simple ingredients, they are sure to be a hit with everyone!
- 4 (1 ounce) squares German sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt German chocolate and butter over low heat.
3. Remove pan from heat and add 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk, eggs, biscuit mix, and vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture. Stir until ingredients are well combined.
4. Spread batter evenly into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish using a spatula or spoon.
5. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining sweetened condensed milk with flaked coconut; spoon evenly over batter in the baking dish so that it is evenly distributed6 . Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the cake batter and press them down firmly with your hand so that they stick7 .
8 . Bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit or until done9 . Allow cake to cool completely before cutting into bars10 . Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated fat: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 35 mg
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Sugar 18 g