This Eggnog Pound Cake is a holiday favorite in my family. It’s moist, flavorful, and perfect for sharing with loved ones. Every year, we make sure to bake an extra loaf or two to give away to our friends and neighbors.
- -3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- -1 Tbsp orange zest
- -4 Tbsp brandy (can sub orange juice or water)
- -3 cups all-purpose flour
- -2 tsp baking powder
- -1/2 tsp salt
- -1/2 tsp nutmeg
- -1/4 tsp cinnamon
- -1/4 tsp allspice
- *For the Cake: 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter , 2 cups white granulated sugar, 5 large eggs, room temperature, 1 cup eggnog, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 to 4 tablespoons brandy for drizzling on cake (optional), Powdered sugar for dusting *Instructions: Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Spray a bundt cake pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a small bowl whisk together dried cranberries, orange zest and 4 tablespoons of brandy. Set aside. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt , nutmeg , cinnamon and allspice; set aside. Using an electric mixer cream butter on high speed until light in color about 2 minutes . Slowly add granulated sugar while continuing to beat until fluffy about 3 minutes . Add eggs one at time
1. Soak dried chopped cranberries and orange zest in brandy in a small bowl for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F. Generously butter the inside of a 9 to 10 inch bundt pan.
3. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice.
4. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter until creamy, 30-45 seconds. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes; scrape bowl with a rubber spatula occasionally as needed during mixing process. Add eggs one at time beating 1 minute after each addition; add vanilla extract after eggs have been incorporated into mixture .
5 Remove the mixing bowl from the mixer and use a rubber spatula to gently add the dry ingredients in 4 additions alternating with eggnog (beginning and end with dry ingredients); fold in orange zest dried cranberries and any remaining brandy until evenly mixed throughout batter 6 Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan spreading evenly; bake at 325°F 55-60 minutes or cake springs back when touched lightly in center an pulls away from sides of pan
- Serving size: 1 slice (1/12 of cake)
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated fat: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 85 mg
- Sodium: 260 mg
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Sugar: 27 g
- Protein: 5.5
What makes pound cake more moist?
Adding buttermilk, sour cream, or cream cheese to pound cake recipes results in a more moist and flavorful final product. This is due to the fact that these ingredients add moisture and fat content to the cake, as well as introduce acidic elements that help to tenderize the gluten in the flour. As a result, cakes made with buttermilk, sour cream, or cream cheese tend to be more moist and have a finer crumb than those made without these ingredients.
How do bakers get their cakes so moist?
There are a few different ways that bakers can get their cakes moist. One way is to soak the cake in a simple syrup made of equal parts granulated sugar and water after it comes out of the oven. This step can add sweetness and moisten the cake. In addition to simple syrup, you can also use coconut milk, evaporated milk, or flavored liqueur. Another way to keep your cake moist is to make sure you don’t overcook it. Be careful not to overmix the batter either, as this can result in a tough cake. Finally, be sure to wrap your cake properly so that it doesn’t dry out before you’re ready to serve it.
How do I make my pound cake less dry?
Making a perfect pound cake is all about finding the right balance of ingredients. Too much of one thing can result in a dry, crumbly cake. But with a few simple tips, you can make a delicious, moist pound cake that everyone will love.
First, use cake flour instead of all-purpose flour. Cake flour has a lower protein content, which means it absorbs less liquid and produces a more tender cake.
Next, add sour cream to the batter. Sour cream adds moisture and fat to the cake, helping to keep it moist and flavorful. Just be sure not to overdo it – too much sour cream can make the cake dense and heavy.
Room temperature butter is another key ingredient for making a moist pound cake. Be sure to creamed the butter until it’s light and fluffy before adding any other ingredients. This will help create an airy texture that will prevent your final product from being too dense.
Adding oil to the batter is also important in keeping your pound cake moist. Choose an oil with a neutral flavor so it doesn’t interfere with the other flavors in your recipe.
Once you’ve added all of your wet ingredients , mix gently until everything is well combined. Over-mixing can result in tough , dry cakes , so take care not to overdo it.
Finally , bake your cake slowly at a low temperature. This helps prevent overcooking , which can make your poundcake dry out quickly.
What can I add to cake to make it moist?
How to Make a Box Cake Taste Homemade
If you’re looking for a way to make your box cake taste more homemade, there are a few things you can do. First, try adding some sour cream to the mix. This will add moisture and richness to the cake. You can also add some instant pudding mix to the batter. This will give the cake more flavor and make it more moist. Finally, try using egg whites instead of whole eggs. This will make the cake lighter and fluffier.