I can still remember the first time I tasted Cornflake Chicken. My mom made it for a special family dinner and it was so delicious that I immediately asked for the recipe. This dish has since become a family favorite and we make it all the time. It’s a simple and easy recipe that uses a few simple ingredients, like cornflakes and chicken, to create a delicious, crunchy meal.
Cornflake Chicken Recipe
- 1. ½ pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2. ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3. 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 4. ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 5. 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- 6. 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 7. Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, adobo seasoning, granulated garlic, and taco seasoning mix.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the flour mixture.
- Place the corn flakes cereal in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast into the corn flakes, coating evenly on all sides.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spray the chicken breasts with cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 16g
- Sodium: 519mg
- Cholesterol: 40mg
A healthier option: the healthier alternative of baking instead of frying and how it can help reduce fat and calories.
Baking cornflake chicken is a healthier alternative to frying, as it can help reduce fat and calories. It is also a quick and easy way to enjoy the same great flavor without all the unhealthy effects.
When baking cornflake chicken, the main difference is that instead of being deep-fried in oil, it is baked in the oven. This reduces the amount of fat and calories that the dish contains. Furthermore, because the chicken is not being deep-fried, the breading will not absorb as much oil. This means that the breading will remain light and crispy, resulting in delicious, crunchy chicken.
In addition to reducing fat and calories, baking cornflake chicken is also a healthier option because it eliminates the risk of consuming unhealthy additives that are sometimes used in deep-frying. These additives may include MSG and other unhealthy fillers, which can have a negative effect on your health. Baking also eliminates the risk of consuming trans fat, which has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease and stroke.
In terms of taste, baking cornflake chicken can also be just as flavorful as deep-frying. To ensure that the chicken is cooked to perfection, it is important to follow the recipe instructions carefully and bake the chicken in an oven preheated to the correct temperature. Additionally, adding herbs and spices to the breading can help enhance the flavor.
Overall, baking cornflake chicken is a healthier alternative to deep-frying, as it can help reduce fat and calories, eliminate the risk of consuming unhealthy additives, and still be as flavorful as deep-frying. It is a great way to enjoy the same great taste without all the unhealthy effects.
Benefits of cooking chicken with cornflakes: advantages of using cornflakes to coat chicken for a crispy exterior, such as added flavor and texture.
The main benefit of cooking chicken with cornflakes is the extra crunch and flavor that comes from the coating.
- The coating adds a unique crunchy texture and a nutty flavor that can be difficult to replicate with other ingredients.
- Cornflakes are also an easy and convenient way to coat chicken as they can be purchased in almost any grocery store and require minimal effort to prepare.
- Additionally, the crunchy coating helps to lock in moisture and flavor, resulting in a more flavorful and juicy chicken dish.
- The cornflakes also help to create a crispy texture on the exterior of the chicken, making it a great option for fried chicken recipes.
- Finally, cornflakes are a healthy and affordable way to add extra flavor and texture to chicken dishes without the need to add extra fat or calories.
How to choose the best cornflakes for your chicken
Consider the ingredients list of the cornflake product you’re looking at. Choose a cornflake option with no added preservatives, coloring or flavoring.
- Look for cornflakes with a higher nutritional value than just carbohydrates. For example, look for brands that are high in fiber, calcium, whole grains, and other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Consider the size and texture of the cornflakes when choosing for your chicken. Choose a large-flaked or medium-flaked cornflake so that the chicken can easily crunch and digest the flakes.
- Consider the serving size of the cornflakes product you are looking at. The amount of cornflakes provided in the package should be enough to feed the recommended number of chickens.
- Measure out the right amount of cornflakes for your chicken. The recommended amount of cornflakes is 1/2 cup per bird.
- Consider the flavor of the cornflakes. Some chicken breeds have a preference for a sweet, savory or spicy flavor.
- Lastly, select a cornflake product that is affordable and accessible. Read customer reviews of the product to make sure that it is a good quality option for your chicken.
Tips and tricks for perfectly crispy chicken every time: how to properly prepare the chicken before coating and baking it.
Start by preparing the chicken. If you are using boneless chicken breasts, pound the chicken to an even thickness to ensure even cooking. Otherwise, cut chicken breasts into thin strips of equal size.
- Season the chicken with your favorite spices or a store-bought chicken seasoning.
- Prepare the coating. In a shallow bowl or plate, mix together crushed cornflakes, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the coating. Dip the chicken in an egg wash and then coat it in the cornflake mixture.
- Place the chicken on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is crispy and cooked through.
- Serve the crispy chicken with your favorite dipping sauce.
How to serve cornflake chicken: different ways to serve the chicken such as in wraps, tacos, or salads.
How to Serve Cornflake Chicken:
There are several different ways to serve cornflake chicken. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Wraps: Cornflake chicken is a great choice for wraps. It can be served with a variety of vegetables such as lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Add some sauce of your choice and you have a delicious wrap.
- Tacos: Cornflake chicken makes a great filling for tacos. Serve it with some diced tomatoes, lettuce, and shredded cheese. You can also add your favorite taco sauce to give it an extra kick of flavor.
- Salads: Cornflake chicken is also a great choice for salads. Add it to your favorite leafy greens and top it off with some diced tomatoes and croutons. You can also add a light vinaigrette dressing to give it a unique flavor.
- Sandwiches: Cornflake chicken is great for sandwiches as well. Add it to a bun and top it off with some lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and mayonnaise. You can also add some cheese to give it an extra cheesy flavor.