I’m sure you can relate to the feeling of eating a delicious cupcake – the burst of flavor, the moist texture, the sweetness that lingers on your tongue. Well, these chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese-oreo-buttercream frosting are the cupcakes of your dreams. With a rich, chocolaty base and a creamy, indulgent frosting, these cupcakes will be the star of any party. I’ve been making them for years and they never fail to impress. So, let’s get baking!
Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese-Oreo-Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese-Oreo-Buttercream Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup crushed Oreos
- Let’s make some Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese-Oreo-Buttercream Frosting!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until everything is combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake liners, filling them about two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake the cupcakes for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- To make the Cream Cheese-Oreo-Buttercream Frosting, beat together the cream cheese and butter with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar and beat until combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Fold in the crushed Oreos.
- Frost the cupcakes with the Cream Cheese-Oreo-Buttercream Frosting.
- Calories: 587, Total Fat: 25g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 58mg, Sodium: 514mg, Total Carbohydrate: 84g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 65g, Protein: 8g
What makes these chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese-oreo-buttercream frosting so special?
You’ve never tasted anything quite like these chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese-oreo-buttercream frosting. Combining three of the most delicious flavors into one indulgent cupcake, this treat is truly special.
The moist chocolate cake, made with cocoa and semi-sweet chocolate chips, creates an intense chocolate flavor that is balanced with the sweet and creamy cream cheese-oreo-buttercream frosting. The combination of smooth cream cheese and rich buttercream results in a light and fluffy texture that melts in your mouth.
A special touch comes from the crunchy Oreos, which are crushed and folded into the frosting. With every bite, you get a taste of the crunchy Oreo, followed by the creamy frosting, and ending with the moist chocolate cake.
These chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese-oreo-buttercream frosting are sure to be a hit with your family and friends. The irresistible combination of flavors and textures will have them coming back for more.
What makes the cream cheese-oreo-buttercream frosting so unique?
If you’re looking for a unique and delicious topping for your chocolate cupcakes, you’ll love the Cream Cheese-Oreo-Buttercream Frosting! This indulgent frosting is a rich combination of sweet, creamy and crunchy flavors that will have your taste buds begging for more.
The cream cheese in this frosting gives it a subtle tang that pairs perfectly with the sweet chocolate of the cupcakes. Meanwhile, Oreos lend a crunchy texture that adds a pleasant contrast. Finally, the buttercream contributes a smooth, light sweetness that ties all the flavors together.
In addition to its great taste, this frosting is incredibly easy to make. All it takes is a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time – no baking required! It’s a great way to dress up those classic chocolate cupcakes and give them an extra special flair.
So if you’re looking for a unique and delicious topping for your cupcakes, Cream Cheese-Oreo-Buttercream Frosting is the perfect choice.
How do you prepare these delicious cupcakes?
Ready to make some delicious cupcakes? Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line your cupcake tin with some paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients – melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing as you go until everything is combined.
- Divide the batter evenly into your cupcake tin, filling each about two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before adding the cream cheese-Oreo-buttercream frosting.
- Whip together the cream cheese, butter, and icing sugar before crumbling some Oreos and stirring them in.
What tips can you share to make sure the cupcakes turn out perfectly every time?
Have all your ingredients pre-measured, pre-sifted, and ready to go before you begin baking.
- Use the best quality ingredients you can find and afford.
- Always measure your ingredients correctly, taking time to level off the measurements.
- Make sure your baking ingredients are at room temperature before you begin baking.
- Don’t over mix the batter. Mix just until all the ingredients are combined.
- If a recipe calls for melted butter, make sure it is cool before adding to the other ingredients.
- Grease and flour your baking pans to ensure the cupcakes don’t stick.
- Check the cupcakes for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cupcakes. If it comes out clean, the cupcakes are done.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- When making the frosting, make sure the butter is soft and at room temperature before you begin.
- Spread the frosting on the cupcakes with a butter knife or offset spatula; a thick layer of frosting looks great.
- Decorate the cupcakes with sprinkles, chopped Oreos, chocolate chips, or whatever else you like.
How would you describe the taste of these chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese-oreo-buttercream frosting?
These chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese-oreo-buttercream frosting are simply divine! The cupcakes are moist and decadent, with a rich chocolate flavor that is perfectly complemented by the creamy and sweet cream cheese-oreo-buttercream frosting. Every bite is a heavenly combination of flavors that will delight your taste buds. The crunch of the Oreos gives the perfect contrast to the creamy frosting, and the combination of chocolate and cream cheese creates a taste that you will never forget.
What are some creative ways to serve these cupcakes?
If you’re looking for some creative ways to serve cupcakes made with chocolate and cream cheese-Oreo-buttercream frosting, you’re in luck! Whether you’re looking to create a stunning presentation or just make it fun for the kids, here are some ideas to help you out.
First up is the classic cupcake tower. You can get creative with the color scheme or decorations, but the basic concept is simple: stack the cupcakes on top of each other, making sure to place a dollop of frosting in between the layers for stability. Add a few decorations like ribbons or flowers to finish off the look.
If you want something a bit less formal but no less fun, why not try a cupcake bouquet? Start with a sturdy base, like a foam core, and use toothpicks to secure the cupcakes in place. You can even add a few extra treats like mini-marshmallows or gummy bears to the mix! Once the bouquet is assembled, you can add a few ribbons or other decorations to make it even more special.
If you’re looking for something even more unique, why not make some cupcake pops? To make these, simply remove a small scoop of the frosting from the cupcake and roll it into a ball before dipping it in melted chocolate. Once the chocolate has hardened, use a lollipop stick to attach it to the cupcake. Finish off the cupcake pops with sprinkles and other decorations.
No matter which creative presentation you choose, your cupcakes will be a hit! With the combination of chocolate and cream cheese-Oreo-buttercream frosting, you won’t be able to go wrong.