I’ve always been a fan of cool and creamy soups, so when I came across this recipe for Chilled Cucumber-Dill Soup, I knew I had to try it. I love the combination of refreshing cucumber and fragrant dill, and it was the perfect soup to make during the hot summer months. I was so pleased with the results – the soup was light, flavorful, and delicious! I’m sure you’re going to enjoy it as much as I do. Let’s get started!
Chilled Cucumber-Dill Soup Recipe
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green onion
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley
- Chilled Cucumber-Dill Soup
- Let’s get started on making this delicious Chilled Cucumber-Dill Soup! It will take about 45 minutes from start to finish, so let’s get going!
- Peel and finely dice the two cucumbers.
- Heat up two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the diced cucumbers and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the salt, pepper, fresh dill, garlic powder, and chopped green onion. Stir everything together.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool.
- Once cooled, transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot, add the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and freshly chopped parsley. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
- And that’s it – you’ve just made a delicious Chilled Cucumber-Dill Soup! Enjoy!
- Calories: 268
- Total Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 807mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 15g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 10g
What makes chilled cucumber-dill soup a unique and delicious dish?
Chilled Cucumber-Dill Soup is truly a unique and delicious dish that is sure to please any palate! The combination of cooling cucumbers, fragrant dill and creamy yogurt creates a light and flavorful soup that is perfect for summertime meals. The refreshing and flavorful ingredients come together to create a dish that is both unique and delicious.
One of the unique aspects of chilled cucumber-dill soup is the combination of flavors. The cooling cucumber provides a refreshing contrast to the fragrant dill, while the creamy yogurt rounds out the flavors. The light and refreshing taste of the soup is perfect for hot summer days and will make any meal special.
Another reason that chilled cucumber-dill soup is so delicious is the variety of textures. The cucumbers provide a crunchy texture while the yogurt and dill create a creamy base. The combination of textures creates an interesting and enjoyable experience for the palate.
Finally, chilled cucumber-dill soup is a great way to add a healthy and flavorful dish to any summer meal. The soup is made with fresh ingredients and is low in calories and full of healthy nutrients. It is a light and refreshing meal that can be enjoyed guilt-free.
In conclusion, chilled cucumber-dill soup is a unique and delicious dish that is sure to please any palate. The combination of cooling cucumbers, fragrant dill and creamy yogurt creates a light and flavorful soup that is perfect for summertime meals. The variety of textures and the healthy ingredients make this a dish that is both unique and delicious.
How can you make this recipe even more flavorful?
Want to take your chilled cucumber-dill soup to the next level? With a few easy tweaks, you can bring out even more of its refreshing flavors! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add a little zip with a pinch of cayenne pepper or a few dashes of hot sauce.
- Finely chop up some fresh herbs like parsley or chives and sprinkle them over the top of the soup.
- Mix in a spoonful of Greek yogurt or crème fraîche for a creamy and tangy flavor.
- Give the soup a smoky kick with a sprinkle of smoked paprika or bacon bits.
- Use a high-quality olive oil instead of vegetable oil for a more intense flavor.
- Balance out the mix with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
How does this soup make a nutritious and healthy meal?
Yes, Chilled Cucumber-Dill Soup makes a nutritious and healthy meal! Here’s why:
- It’s full of fresh and healthy ingredients like cucumbers, zucchini, celery, Greek yogurt, and herbs. All of these ingredients provide essential vitamins and minerals.
- This soup is packed with protein from the Greek yogurt, making it a great option for vegetarians and vegans.
- It’s a great source of fiber, which helps to keep you full for longer.
- This soup is low in calories and fat, making it a great choice for those trying to watch their weight.
What are some tips for picking out the perfect cucumbers for this recipe?
Picking the perfect cucumbers for this refreshing chilled cucumber-dill soup is a must! Here are some tips to make sure you get the best cucumbers possible:
- Check for a firm, taut skin. A cucumber with too-soft skin will be watery, which isn’t ideal for this soup.
- If you can, pick cucumbers with the stems still attached. This usually indicates freshness. If the stems are wilted or dried out, it’s a sign the cucumber has been sitting around for a while.
- Look for cucumbers that are free from blemishes or soft spots.
- If you can, buy organic cucumbers. The fewer pesticides, the better!.
- Choose cucumbers that are the right size for the recipe you’re making. If the recipe calls for chopped cucumbers, you’ll want to pick cucumbers that are easier to chop.
Following these tips will ensure that you get the perfect cucumbers for your chilled cucumber-dill soup.
What other dishes pair well with chilled cucumber-dill soup?
Chilled cucumber-dill soup is the perfect summertime dish and pairs nicely with a variety of other light and refreshing dishes. For a full meal, try serving it with a bright and flavorful salad, such as a tomato and cucumber salad with a light vinaigrette, or a quinoa salad with fresh herbs. You could also pair the soup with a light appetizer, such as hummus and fresh vegetable crudités, or a plate of chilled shrimp cocktail. For a heartier meal, pair the soup with a grilled salmon fillet or a roasted chicken breast.