When it comes to comfort food, I’m all about cheesy baked cauliflower gnocchi. I’m always looking for new and delicious recipes, and this one is definitely a winner. It’s creamy, cheesy, and just plain delicious. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make and can be whipped up in no time. It’s the perfect meal for busy weeknights, and my family absolutely loves it.
Cheesy Baked Cauliflower Gnocchi Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package curly kale, stemmed and torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Spice Islands® Oregano
- 1 pinch Spice Islands® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 (10 ounce) packages Green Giant® Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 4 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss together the kale, tomatoes, olive oil, onion, garlic, salt, oregano, and crushed red pepper.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Place the cauliflower gnocchi over the tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and top with the mozzarella and the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 188
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 8g
- Sodium: 198mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
What makes this cheesy baked cauliflower gnocchi stand out from other gnocchi dishes?
This cheesy baked cauliflower gnocchi stands out from other gnocchi dishes because it combines two unique ingredients – cauliflower and gnocchi – to create a flavorful and healthy main dish. The cauliflower provides a hearty base, while the gnocchi adds a light, pillowy texture. The addition of cheese and herbs makes this dish even more flavorful and provides a cheesy, savory flavor. The combination of these two ingredients makes this dish stand out from other gnocchi dishes.
Beyond the ingredients, the preparation of this dish is what really sets it apart. Instead of boiling the gnocchi, it is baked in the oven, which allows the flavors of the cauliflower and cheese to really shine through. The gnocchi also retains its unique texture, making it a great substitute for pasta. The end result is a dish that is both healthy and flavorful – the perfect dinner for any night of the week.
Finally, this dish is incredibly simple to make. All you need to do is prepare the cauliflower, toss it in herbs, top it with gnocchi, and bake it in the oven for about 25 minutes. Once it’s finished baking, top with cheese and herbs and enjoy. This easy-to-make dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
In conclusion, the combination of cauliflower and gnocchi in this cheesy baked cauliflower gnocchi makes it stand out from other gnocchi dishes. The unique flavors and textures of the ingredients, as well as the simple preparation, make this dish a great dinner option any night of the week.
What are some creative ways to dress up this cheesy baked cauliflower gnocchi?
There are many creative ways to dress up this cheesy baked cauliflower gnocchi. From adding flavorful sauces and herbs to incorporating a variety of seasonal vegetables, the possibilities are endless! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- For a classic Italian-inspired dish, top the gnocchi with a simple marinara sauce and fresh herbs such as oregano, basil and parsley. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- For a Mediterranean-style dish, top the gnocchi with a creamy garlic-lemon sauce and add in a variety of vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms and spinach. Sprinkle with feta cheese and bake until the vegetables are tender and the cheese is melted.
- For a Mexican-inspired dish, top the gnocchi with a spicy enchilada sauce and stir in chopped tomatoes, onions, jalapenos and black beans. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake until the vegetables are cooked through and the cheese is melted and bubbling.
These are just a few ideas for dressing up your cheesy baked cauliflower gnocchi. With so many flavor combinations to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect topping for your dish.
What are the health benefits of swapping traditional gnocchi for cauliflower gnocchi?
Traditional gnocchi is a carbohydrate-dense food, made from flour, egg, and potato. On the other hand, cauliflower gnocchi is made from cauliflower, parmesan, and egg.
- Cauliflower gnocchi has a lower glycemic index, resulting in slower digestion and a steadier release of energy.
- Cauliflower is a great source of dietary fiber and vitamins, including vitamin K, vitamin C, and folate.
- Cauliflower gnocchi is also higher in protein than traditional gnocchi, which makes it a more filling and nutritious meal.
- Cauliflower is rich in antioxidants, which can help protect against cell damage and reduce the risk of certain diseases.
- Cauliflower gnocchi has a lower calorie count than traditional gnocchi, making it a healthier option for those looking to lose weight.
How does baking the cauliflower gnocchi add to its flavor profile?
Baking the cauliflower gnocchi adds a crunchy, golden brown exterior to the gnocchi, along with a rich and savory flavor.
In addition to the crunchy exterior, baking the gnocchi also offers the following benefits:
- Caramelization of the cheese: The cheese on the gnocchi will melt and caramelize while baking, resulting in a deep and nutty flavor.
- Enhanced flavor of the herbs: The herbs used in the gnocchi will become more fragrant and flavorful as they cook in the oven.
- Browning of the cauliflower: The cauliflower in the gnocchi will brown as it is cooked, giving the gnocchi a unique and complex flavor.
Baking the cauliflower gnocchi is an easy and effective way to bring out its delicious flavor profile. With its crunchy exterior, melted cheese, and fragrant herbs, it’s sure to be a hit with family and friends.
What are some tips for making a perfect batch of cheesy baked cauliflower gnocchi?
Here are some tips for making the perfect batch of cheesy baked cauliflower gnocchi:
- Start with frozen, store-bought cauliflower gnocchi. This is much easier than making your own and provides a consistent texture and flavor.
- Use a non-stick baking dish. This will help ensure that the gnocchi don’t stick to the bottom of the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. This is the ideal temperature to get the gnocchi nice and crispy on the outside while still keeping the inside of the gnocchi soft and creamy.
- Use a good quality cheese. A sharp cheddar, gouda, or parmesan will all work nicely.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the gnocchi. This will give the gnocchi a nice herbal flavor.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the gnocchi are golden brown on top.
- Serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.