I’m a huge fan of delicious comfort food, and this Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is one of my absolute favorites. With its creamy sauce, succulent shrimp, and Cajun spices, this dish is the perfect combination of comfort and flavor. I’ve been making it for years, and it never fails to hit the spot.
Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 1. 2 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 2. 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3. ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 4. 1 teaspoon finely grated garlic
- 5. 1 ½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 6. ¾ teaspoon salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 7. 5 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8. ¼ cup unsalted chicken stock
- 9. ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 10. 1 pinch red pepper flakes (Optional)
- 11. 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 12. ¼ cup light whipping cream (18%)
- 13. Salt to taste
- 14. 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the fettuccine pasta and cook according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and Cajun seasoning and stir to combine.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, until the shrimp are just starting to turn pink.
- Add the chicken stock, white pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using). Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and cream and stir to combine. Simmer for 2 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Drain the pasta and add to the skillet. Toss to combine with the sauce.
- Season with salt to taste and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Serve the Cajun shrimp fettuccine Alfredo immediately. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 20g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Cholesterol: 100mg
What makes cajun shrimp fettuccine alfredo different from other pasta dishes?
Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo is an iconic pasta dish that stands out from other pasta dishes due to its unique combination of flavors. The main ingredients in this dish are shrimp, fettuccine, and Alfredo sauce, which are then seasoned with Cajun spices. This is what sets it apart from other pasta dishes, as the Cajun spices adds a bit of heat and a complex flavor. The shrimp also adds a unique and delicious element to the dish that you can’t find in many other pasta recipes.
These unique flavors make Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo a truly one-of-a-kind pasta dish. The combination of the rich and creamy Alfredo sauce, the subtle heat of the Cajun spices, and the succulent shrimp make this dish a favorite among many pasta lovers. Even if you are not a fan of spicy food, you can still enjoy this dish as the spices can be adjusted to your taste.
Not only is Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo a delicious dish, but it is also quick and easy to make. All you need to do is cook the fettuccine, sauté the shrimp in butter, garlic, and Cajun spices, and then mix it all together with the Alfredo sauce. This makes it the perfect meal for busy weeknights or when you are craving something a little different.
Overall, what makes Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo different from other pasta dishes is its unique combination of flavors. The Cajun spices add a subtle heat, the shrimp adds a delicious element, and the Alfredo sauce brings it all together. Plus, it is quick and easy to make, making it the perfect meal for any busy weeknight.
What ingredients are used to make cajun shrimp fettuccine alfredo?
Ingredients used to make Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo include shrimp, fettuccine noodles, butter, garlic, onion, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
The first step to making Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo is to cook the shrimp. Start by melting butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic, onion, and shrimp. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Next, cook the fettuccine noodles according to the package instructions. Once done, drain the noodles and set aside.
In the same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir the mixture until the cheese has melted and the sauce is thickened.
Finally, add the cooked shrimp and cooked noodles to the skillet. Stir to combine until everything is evenly coated.
What are the health benefits of this dish?
Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo is a delicious and nutritious dish that offers numerous health benefits.
Below are some of the health benefits associated with this dish:
- Rich in Protein: Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo contains a high amount of protein due to the shrimp, making it a great source of fuel for the body.
- Full of Vitamin C: The shrimp and the Alfredo sauce both contain a good amount of Vitamin C, which helps to boost the immune system and reduce inflammation.
- Low in Calories: This dish is relatively low in calories due to its lean protein content, making it a great option for those looking to watch their calorie intake.
- Heart Healthy: The shrimp in this dish contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Rich in Fiber: The fettuccine pasta in this dish is a great source of fiber, which helps to keep the digestive system healthy.
Overall, Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo is a delicious and nutritious dish that offers numerous health benefits. It is a great option for those looking to get more protein, vitamins, and fiber in their diet.
What tips can be used to ensure the dish is cooked to perfection?
Start with a good quality shrimp: The quality of the shrimp should be a priority when cooking this dish. Be sure to buy fresh, good quality shrimp that is not too old.
- Prepare the ingredients before cooking: Take the time to measure and prepare all of the ingredients before beginning to cook. This will help to ensure that the dish is cooked properly and all of the flavors are balanced.
- Cook the shrimp separately: Cook the shrimp separately from the other ingredients. This will prevent it from becoming overcooked and rubbery.
- Use a good quality alfredo sauce: Select a good quality alfredo sauce that is not too thick or too thin. If you are using a store-bought sauce, be sure to read the ingredients list and make sure it contains real cream and quality cheeses.
- Season the shrimp and vegetables before adding to the dish: Be sure to season the shrimp and vegetables with a pinch of salt and pepper before adding them to the dish. This will help to enhance the flavors of the dish.
- Cook the ingredients separately: Cook the shrimp and vegetables separately from the alfredo sauce. This will help to ensure that the dish is cooked evenly and all of the flavors are balanced.
- Use a low heat: When cooking the dish, it is important to keep the heat low. This will help to prevent the ingredients from burning and will ensure the dish is cooked evenly.
- Taste test the dish before serving: Make sure to taste the dish before serving it. This will allow you to adjust the seasoning and ensure the dish is cooked to perfection.
What other dishes can be created by using the same ingredients and techniques?
Using the same ingredients and techniques used in a Cajun shrimp fettuccine Alfredo, there are several other dishes that can be created.
One possibility is a spicy shrimp and sausage jambalaya. This dish is a flavorful combination of shrimp, Andouille sausage, and other Cajun spices, all simmered in a rich tomato-based sauce. Another delicious option is shrimp creole. This classic Cajun dish features shrimp, bell peppers, onions, and celery cooked in a flavorful tomato sauce.
Finally, a shrimp etouffee is a classic Cajun dish that can be made using the same ingredients and techniques as Cajun shrimp fettuccine Alfredo. This dish is a creamy and flavorful combination of shrimp, vegetables, and Cajun spices simmered in a rich and creamy sauce.