I am a huge fan of Buddha Bowls and I’m always looking for new and creative ways to improve upon the classic dish. Recently, I discovered the delicious combination of riced cauliflower and Buddha Bowls and I am absolutely in love with it! The combination of flavors, textures, and colors make it a dish that is both visually appealing and mouth-watering. With this recipe, I am excited to share with you my take on this classic dish, packed with fresh and nutritious ingredients that will leave you feeling satisfied.
Buddha Bowls With Riced Cauliflower Recipe
- 1. 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2. 2 (10 ounce) packages Green Giant® Riced Veggies Cauliflower
- 3. ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4. 1 (12 ounce) package Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Zucchini
- 5. 1 (9 ounce) package Green Giant® Simply Steam Baby Lima Beans
- 6. 1 medium ripe avocado – peeled, quartered, and sliced
- 7. 2 cups very thinly sliced red cabbage
- 8. 1 small red beet, peeled and thinly sliced
- 9. 3 tablespoons tahini
- 10. 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 11. 2 tablespoons water
- 12. 1 medium garlic clove, peeled and grated
- 13. ½ teaspoon honey
- 14. 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Turmeric
- 15. ½ teaspoon Spice Islands® Salt
- 16. ⅛ teaspoon ground Spice Islands® Black Pepper
- 17. ¼ cup olive oil
- 18. 2 tablespoons Spice Islands® Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place olive oil in a large bowl. Add the Green Giant Riced Veggies Cauliflower and kosher salt. Stir to combine. Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare the Green Giant Veggie Spirals Zucchini. Place the spirals in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Next, prepare the Green Giant Simply Steam Baby Lima Beans. Place the beans in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Peel, quarter, and slice the avocado. Place in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Thinly slice the red cabbage and place in a separate bowl.
- Peel and thinly slice the red beet and place in a separate bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic, honey, Spice Islands Ground Turmeric, Salt, and Black Pepper.
- Slowly add the olive oil while whisking to create a dressing.
- Divide the cauliflower, zucchini spirals, lima beans, avocado, red cabbage, and red beet among four bowls.
- Drizzle the dressing over each bowl and sprinkle with Spice Islands Toasted Sesame Seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 294
- Total Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 212mg
- Carbohydrates: 35.2g
- Fiber: 10.6g
- Sugars: 10.1g
- Protein: 8.1g
Making buddha bowls fun for kids
Making buddha bowls fun for kids is easy once you understand how to make them more appealing to their tastes. By adding their favorite flavors and ingredients to the mix, you can make a delicious and nutritious meal that will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.
When it comes to adding flavors and ingredients to your Buddha bowl, you can get creative. Start by adding your child’s favorite vegetables, such as carrots, broccoli, and spinach. If your child is a picky eater, go for milder flavors, like zucchini and squash. You can also add fruits like mango, pineapple, and blueberries for a sweet twist.
You can also add some crunch to the bowl by adding other nutritious ingredients like nuts and seeds. A handful of almonds, walnuts, or pumpkin seeds will add a great crunch and extra flavor. You can also add some cooked grains like quinoa, brown rice, or farro to make the bowl more filling.
To make the bowl even more interesting, you can add some fun and flavorful toppings. For example, drizzle some tahini or hummus for a creamy and tangy flavor. Fresh herbs like mint, parsley, and basil can also be added for a delicious flavor. And don’t forget to add some crunchy elements like sprouts, chickpeas, or sunflower seeds.
Finally, don’t forget to make it fun! Let your child pick out their favorite vegetables, fruits, and toppings to make their own unique bowl. They’ll love the variety of flavors and textures that they can create with their Buddha bowl. With a bit of creativity and guidance, you can make this meal a fun and nutritious experience for your child.
How buddha bowls can help you reach your health goals
Buddha bowls with riced cauliflower offer a number of health benefits that can help you reach your desired health goals.
- Riced cauliflower is a nutrient-dense food that is low in calories and rich in vitamins and minerals. It is high in fiber, which helps to keep you feeling full for longer and aids in digestion.
- Riced cauliflower also contains antioxidants that help protect against cell damage and reduce inflammation. Additionally, it is an excellent source of vitamin C, which helps to strengthen your immune system and can help you better fight off colds and infections.
- Incorporating riced cauliflower into your buddha bowls is a great way to get the nutrition you need while also enjoying delicious and creative meals. You can use riced cauliflower as the base of your bowl and then add a variety of other ingredients, such as vegetables, legumes, nuts, and seeds. This will help to ensure that your meals are well-balanced and packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients.
- Eating riced cauliflower as part of your buddha bowls is an easy and delicious way to get the nutrition you need to reach your desired health goals. With its low calorie and high nutrient content, it is an ideal way to get the nourishment your body needs while still eating satisfying meals.
Tips for making buddha bowls even healthier
Experiment with different types of vegetables. Try adding roasted sweet potatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, squash, and eggplant to your bowl. These vegetables are packed with vitamins and minerals, adding some extra nutrition to your dish.
- Include a variety of proteins. Steamed tofu, tempeh, lentils, and beans make great additions to buddha bowls. You can also sprinkle some nuts and seeds on top for an extra boost of protein.
- Use fresh herbs for flavor. Fresh herbs such as basil, cilantro, and parsley can add a flavorful punch to your dish.
- Swap out the riced cauliflower for quinoa or brown rice. It can help make your meal more filling and add some extra fiber and nutrients.
- Add a healthy dressing. You can make your own dressings using olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs. This is a great way to add some extra flavor without adding too much extra fat or calories.
- Add in some healthy fats. Try adding some avocado or olive oil to your buddha bowl for an added boost of healthy fats.
- Get creative with your seasonings. Try adding some spices and herbs such as cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and turmeric for a flavorful punch.
The benefits of mindful eating
Mindful eating has numerous benefits and can help you reach your health goals. Eating a Buddha Bowl filled with riced cauliflower can make mindful eating more enjoyable and help you get the most out of your meals.
Here are some of the benefits of mindful eating:
- Improved Digestion: Eating mindfully can help improve your digestion and reduce digestive symptoms such as bloating and constipation. Eating slowly and paying attention to your body’s signals can also help you better recognize when you are full, which can help you avoid overeating.
- Enhanced Nutrition: When you eat mindfully, you are more likely to make healthier food choices and pay attention to the nutritional content of foods. Eating a Buddha Bowl filled with riced cauliflower will provide you with essential vitamins and minerals.
- Stress Management: Mindful eating can help reduce stress and anxiety associated with meals. Paying attention to your body’s signals when eating can help you stay in the present moment, instead of worrying about the stressors of daily life.
- Improved Relationship with Food: Eating mindfully can help you build a healthier relationship with food. By paying attention to the sensations of eating and how food makes you feel, you can learn to appreciate your meals and enjoy them more.
Eating a Buddha Bowl filled with riced cauliflower is an excellent way to practice mindful eating. The combination of flavors and textures makes it a pleasant and enjoyable experience. Eating a Buddha Bowl is also a great way to get a variety of healthy, nutrient-dense foods in one meal.
The best recipes for riced cauliflower buddha bowls
The best recipes for riced cauliflower buddha bowls are easy to make and packed with flavor. Whether you’re looking for a simple, nutritious meal or a vegan-friendly variation on a classic dish, these recipes are sure to hit the spot. From a savory Tex-Mex-style buddha bowl to a sweet and spicy peanut-infused bowl, these recipes offer a creative take on riced cauliflower. Ready to get cooking? Let’s explore some of the best recipes for riced cauliflower buddha bowls.
The Tex-Mex-Style Buddha Bowl is a great place to start. This easy-to-make dish combines riced cauliflower with a delicious array of ingredients, from black beans and corn to bell peppers and onions. Top it off with a generous serving of cheese and a creamy avocado dressing for a flavor-packed meal that’s sure to please.
For a sweet and spicy twist, give the Peanut-Infused Buddha Bowl a try. This recipe combines riced cauliflower with a flavorful peanut sauce, along with bell peppers, green beans, and carrots for added crunch. Top it off with a sprinkle of sesame seeds for a delicious vegan-friendly dish.
For a healthy and flavorful side dish, try the Roasted Cauliflower and Tomato Buddha Bowl. This recipe combines riced cauliflower with roasted tomatoes, onions, and garlic. The combination of flavors creates a delicious and nutrient-packed dish.
Finally, the Curried Cauliflower Buddha Bowl is the perfect way to bring some international flavors to your table. This recipe combines riced cauliflower with yellow curry paste and a variety of vegetables. Top it off with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro for a flavorful, vegan-friendly meal.
These are just a few of the best recipes for riced cauliflower buddha bowls. With a little creativity and a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and nutritious meal that’s sure to please. So go ahead and give one of these recipes a try.