These Boozy Watermelon-Kiwi Ice Pops are my absolute favorite summer treat. After a hot day of playing in the sun, nothing beats the taste of a cold, refreshing, and delicious ice pop. But what makes these ice pops so special is the addition of a little bit of booze. With the combination of sweet, juicy watermelon and tart, tangy kiwi, the addition of a bit of alcohol takes these pops to the next level. Whether you’re looking for a refreshing treat to cool down on a hot summer day or just want an adult-friendly dessert, these Boozy Watermelon-Kiwi Ice Pops are sure to satisfy!
Boozy Watermelon-Kiwi Ice Pops Recipe
- 3 cups of cubed watermelon
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of white rum
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Gather the ingredients: 3 cups of cubed watermelon, 1 kiwi, peeled and diced, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of white rum, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of water.
- In a blender, combine the watermelon, kiwi, sugar, rum, lime juice, and water until it is a smooth puree.
- Pour the mixture into ice pop molds, leaving about a half-inch of space at the top to allow for expansion when freezing.
- Place the ice pop molds in the freezer for about 2 hours, or until the mixture is completely frozen.
- To remove the ice pops from the molds, run them under warm water for a few seconds and carefully pull them out.
- Enjoy your Boozy Watermelon-Kiwi Ice Pops!
- Calories: 97
- Total Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 4.5mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19.3g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8g
- Sugars: 17.7g
- Protein: 0.7g
What types of alcohol work best with watermelon and kiwi?
When it comes to creating a boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pop, the best types of alcohol to use are light and fruity options. These could include white wine, coconut rum, light beer, or vodka. White wine helps to enhance the sweetness of the watermelon and kiwi, while coconut rum adds a hint of tropical flavor. Light beer adds a subtle hint of hop, and vodka is a versatile option that can be mixed with other juices or syrups to add even more flavor.
How can a boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pop be prepared?
Making a boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pop is easy and only requires a few simple ingredients. To begin, cut a watermelon into cubes and add them to a blender. Then, peel and dice two kiwis, and add them to the blender as well. After that, pour in 1/4 cup of white rum, 1/4 cup of lime juice, and 1/2 cup of simple syrup. Blend the ingredients together until they are smooth, and pour the mixture into your preferred ice pop mold. Finally, freeze your boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pops for at least 4 hours before serving.
What are the benefits of consuming watermelon and kiwi?
The consumption of watermelon and kiwi offers a number of health benefits:
- Watermelon is rich in antioxidants, vitamins A and C, and lycopene, making it an effective tool for fighting inflammation, improving heart health and boosting the immune system.
- Kiwi is high in fiber, folate and vitamins E and K, making it an excellent source of nutrition that helps to promote digestive health, protect against anemia and reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
- The combination of watermelon and kiwi offers a great source of hydration, as both fruits are high in water content.
- The vitamins and minerals in watermelon and kiwi work together synergistically to provide the body with essential nutrition.
- Eating watermelon and kiwi can help to reduce cholesterol levels, lower the risk of heart disease and stroke, and improve blood sugar control.
- Additionally, consuming these two fruits can help to improve skin health, reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, and fight inflammation.
What are the potential health benefits of consuming a boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pop?
The potential health benefits of consuming a boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pop include:
- Improved digestion: Watermelon contains a high amount of water and fiber, both of which aid in digestion. The kiwi provides additional vitamins and minerals to help the digestive system.
- Reduced inflammation: Watermelon is a good source of anti-inflammatory compounds that can help reduce inflammation and pain.
- Boosted immune system: Kiwi is rich in vitamin C, which helps boost the immune system and fight off infections.
- Improved heart health: The potassium in kiwi helps lower blood pressure, which can improve heart health.
- Improved mental health: Alcohol has been found to have a positive effect on mental health, as long as it is consumed in moderation.
- Improved skin health: The antioxidants in kiwi can help reduce free radicals that can damage the skin, which can lead to improved skin health.
What other ingredients can be added to enhance the flavor of watermelon-kiwi ice pops?
There are a variety of ingredients that can be added to enhance the flavor of watermelon-kiwi ice pops. For an adult twist, try adding a splash of vodka or tequila. For an even more exotic flavor, try adding a splash of your favorite liqueur, such as elderflower or mango. You can also add a spoonful of honey, agave nectar, or maple syrup to sweeten the ice pops. Herbs like mint, basil, and rosemary can also be added to give the ice pops an interesting flavor. Finally, you can add a pinch of salt or a squeeze of lime juice to balance out the sweetness.
How can the amount of alcohol be adjusted to suit different tastes?
One of the best ways to adjust the amount of alcohol in a boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pop is to start with a lower-alcohol base and adjust the ratio of alcohol to fruit juice accordingly. For example, start with a vodka base and adjust the amount of vodka to be less or more depending on the desired strength. Alternatively, a stronger liquor such as rum or tequila can be used, but it is important to use the same ratio of alcohol to fruit juice when adjusting the strength to ensure the ice pops remain balanced. When using a base spirit, it is also possible to experiment with liqueurs, which will add additional flavors to the ice pops.
For those looking to make a lower-alcohol version of the boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pops, there are various approaches. One option is to use a lower-alcohol spirit, such as gin or vodka, and reduce the amount of alcohol in the recipe. Alternatively, a non-alcoholic fruit-infused syrup can be used in place of the alcohol. This syrup can replicate the flavors of the desired spirit and will still provide the same sweetness and texture. Regardless of the approach taken, it is important to adjust the amount of sugar and other ingredients accordingly to ensure the pops remain balanced and flavorful.
No matter what approach is taken, the best way to adjust the amount of alcohol in boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pops is to experiment and adjust the recipe until it suits one’s personal taste. By starting with a low-alcohol base and adjusting the ratio of alcohol to fruit juice accordingly, it is possible to create a boozy treat that is as strong or as light as desired.
What are some creative ways to serve a boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pop?
There are many creative ways to serve a boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pop. The best way to serve the pops will depend on the occasion and the flavor of the pops. Here are some creative ideas to get you started.
One creative way to serve a boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pop is to serve it as a dessert. To do this, simply place the pops in a bowl of ice, then top them with your favorite toppings such as chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or shredded coconut. You can even serve the pops with a side of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
Another creative way to serve a boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pop is to place it into a cocktail. Simply add the ice pop to a glass of your favorite liquor, such as vodka or tequila, and add some fresh limes or other fruit to enhance the flavor. To make the cocktail extra special, garnish the glass with extra slices of watermelon and kiwi.
Finally, you can also serve the boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pop as a frozen cocktail. Start by blending together some of your favorite alcohol, such as vodka, with some of the pop. Then, pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze overnight. When you’re ready to serve, simply add some extra fruit or garnishes to the glass for a fun and festive presentation.
No matter how you serve the boozy watermelon-kiwi ice pop, you’re sure to impress your guests with its unique and flavorful combination. With a few creative ideas, you can easily turn the pops into a delicious and exciting summer treat.