I’m so excited to share with you my favorite recipe for banana-nut cake with caramel icing. It’s a moist and delicious cake that is always a hit with my family and friends. It’s perfect for special occasions or just as a sweet treat. The balance of flavors between the banana and the sweetness of the caramel is truly drool-worthy. Plus, it comes together in just a few simple steps, so you can easily whip it up in no time. I guarantee that once you try it, you won’t be able to resist a second slice!
Banana-Nut Cake with Caramel Icing Recipe
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Caramel Icing:
- Caramel Icing ingredients:
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mashed bananas, softened butter, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat together until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, stirring until everything is well combined.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before frosting.
- To make the Caramel Icing, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the brown sugar and milk, stirring constantly until combined. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Gradually add the powdered sugar, stirring until everything is well combined. Allow the icing to cool for 10 minutes before pouring it over the cooled cake.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Calories: 286 kcal,
- Total Fat: 12g,
- Saturated Fat: 6g,
- Trans Fat: 0g,
- Cholesterol: 59mg,
- Sodium: 239mg,
- Total Carbohydrate: 41g,
- Dietary Fiber: 1g,
- Sugars: 27g,
- Protein: 3g
What is the best thing about banana-nut cake with caramel icing?
The best thing about banana-nut cake with caramel icing is its irresistible combination of flavors and textures. The moist and fluffy cake is the perfect base for the nutty crunch of walnuts. The creamy caramel icing is the perfect complement to the sweet banana flavor, creating a dessert that is both decadent and delightful.
What flavors make this cake so special?
This Banana-Nut Cake with Caramel Icing is a truly special treat! It has a unique flavor combination that really stands out: the sweet and nutty taste of banana and walnuts, combined with the rich and creamy caramel icing. The combination of these three flavors is absolutely irresistible!
The banana and walnuts give the cake a delightful sweetness, while the caramel icing adds a delicious depth of flavor. The sweetness of the banana and walnuts is perfectly balanced by the creamy caramel, resulting in a cake that is both sweet and savory. The combination of the three flavors is truly exquisite!
The cake is also incredibly moist, thanks to the banana and walnuts, which add an extra layer of moisture to the cake. The caramel icing also helps to keep the cake from drying out, ensuring that it stays moist and delicious every time.
All in all, this Banana-Nut Cake with Caramel Icing is a truly special treat! The combination of banana, walnuts, and caramel creates a unique flavor combination that is sure to please any palate.
How do you make the caramel icing?
Making this delicious caramel icing to top off your banana-nut cake is easy! Here are the steps:
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2/3 cup of butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add 2 cups of packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and let it boil for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Allow the icing to cool for about 10 minutes before spreading it on top of your cooled cake.
What tips do you have for making the perfect banana-nut cake with caramel icing?
Following these tips will help you make the perfect banana-nut cake with caramel icing.
- Start with the best ingredients. Use ripe bananas for maximum flavor and texture, and choose freshly-ground nuts for the best flavor.
- Preheat the oven and prepare your cake pan. Grease and flour the pan, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add the mashed bananas. Mash the bananas until they are smooth, then add to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the nuts. Gently fold the nuts into the batter.
- Bake the cake. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool. Allow the cake to cool in the pan before transferring to a wire rack.
- Make the caramel icing. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and stir until melted and smooth. Add the cream and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and stir until smooth. Let cool before pouring over the cake.
- Serve and enjoy. Slice and serve the cake with a dollop of caramel icing.
What type of occasion is this cake ideal for?
This Banana-Nut Cake with Caramel Icing is the perfect treat for any special occasion! From birthday parties to anniversaries, this delicious cake is sure to be a hit. The moist and flavorful cake is complemented by the gooey sweetness of the caramel icing, making it an irresistible combination that everyone will love. It’s also easy to prepare ahead of time, so you won’t have to worry about last-minute baking.
What is the process for preparing this delicious cake?
Making this incredible Banana-Nut Cake with Caramel Icing is an easy and fun process! Here’s what you need to do to make this delicious cake:
First, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl: 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
Next, in a separate bowl, cream together 1 cup of butter and 1 ½ cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture, alternating with 1 cup mashed ripe bananas and ¼ cup milk. Once everything is combined, add ¾ cup of chopped walnuts and mix until just blended.
Grease and flour a 9-inch baking pan and pour the cake batter into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
While the cake is baking, make the caramel icing. In a medium saucepan, combine ½ cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar and ½ cup of heavy cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 3 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
Once the cake is finished baking, let it cool for at least 15 minutes before icing.
Are there any alternate recipes for a banana-nut cake with caramel icing?
Yes! There are plenty of delicious alternate recipes for a banana-nut cake with caramel icing. Whether you’re looking for a vegan, gluten-free, or low-sugar version, we’ve got you covered! So put on your aprons and let’s get baking.
For a vegan version of this classic cake, try substituting vegan butter and a flax egg for the eggs and butter. For the caramel icing, you can swap out the dairy butter for a vegan-friendly alternative, such as coconut butter. This is sure to be a hit at any gathering.
If you’re looking for a gluten-free banana-nut cake with caramel icing, you’ll need to substitute gluten-free flour for the regular all-purpose flour. You can also use gluten-free oats in place of the walnuts for a delicious nut-free option. To finish it off, top it with a dairy-free caramel icing made with coconut butter and a pinch of salt.
For a low-sugar option, you can use a sugar substitute like stevia, monk fruit, or erythritol in place of the regular sugar. You can also reduce the amount of sugar in the caramel icing by half. To make the icing, simply melt together dark brown sugar, a bit of butter, and a splash of milk.
No matter which recipe you choose, you’re sure to end up with a delicious banana-nut cake with caramel icing.