I love breakfast, and this Baked Eggs in Avocado with Bacon dish is one of my absolute favorites! I’ve been making this recipe for years, and it’s always a hit with my family and friends. The combination of creamy and crunchy textures, the smoky bacon, and the perfectly poached eggs in the center of a warm avocado make this dish a complete meal in one. Plus, it’s a breeze to whip up for a lazy weekend brunch or a quick weeknight dinner.
Baked Eggs In Avocado With Bacon Recipe
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices Pure Farmland® Uncured Bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- ½ teaspoon Hot sauce of choice, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit.
- Lightly spray the inside of each avocado half with cooking spray.
- Crack one egg into each avocado half.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon and Parmesan cheese on top of each egg.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place avocados on a baking sheet and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked to desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chopped chives, smoked paprika, and hot sauce.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 avocado half with egg and toppings, Servings per recipe: 4, Calories: 200, Total Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 185mg, Sodium: 310mg, Total Carbohydrates: 7g, Dietary Fiber: 5g, Protein: 11g.
What makes this particular breakfast dish so special?
This particular breakfast dish, Baked Eggs in Avocado with Bacon, is special because it combines several classic breakfast flavors into one delicious and healthy meal. The combination of creamy avocado, savory bacon, and rich, flavorful eggs make it a delectable dish that’s sure to satisfy.
In addition to its taste, this meal is also packed with nutrition. The avocado is high in healthy fats and fiber, while the bacon adds protein. The eggs provide additional protein as well as important vitamins and minerals. All of these ingredients together make a balanced breakfast that can help fuel your energy for the day ahead.
Not only is this particular breakfast dish delicious and nutritious, it’s also easy to make. All you need to do is cut an avocado in half, remove the pit, and crack an egg into each half. Then, place a few strips of bacon on top and bake in the oven until the egg is cooked through. Within minutes, you’ll have a delicious breakfast that’s sure to please.
The combination of flavors, nutrition, and convenience make Baked Eggs in Avocado with Bacon a special breakfast dish. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy morning meal or a hearty, healthy brunch, this delicious dish is sure to satisfy.
How does baking eggs in avocado with bacon differentiate from other breakfast recipes?
Baked eggs in avocado with bacon is a unique breakfast recipe because it combines the creamy texture of the avocado with the savory flavor of the bacon and the richness of the eggs, creating a dish that is truly unlike any other.
- Unlike other breakfast recipes, baking eggs in avocado with bacon does not require a lot of additional ingredients, allowing for a quick and easy meal that is both nutritious and delicious.
- Baked eggs in avocado with bacon also provides an interesting presentation; the avocado shells can be used as individual serving vessels, making this recipe perfect for entertaining guests.
- Unlike traditional egg recipes such as omelets or scrambles, baking eggs in avocado with bacon creates a creamy and flavorful egg dish that is sure to be a hit with anyone who tries it.
- The combination of the bacon, avocado, and egg creates a flavor profile that is unique and delicious, making this recipe a great way to switch up your breakfast routine.
What tips can readers use to ensure the best results when baking eggs in avocado with bacon?
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Carefully crack an egg into each avocado half.
- Top each egg with crumbled bacon and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped fresh herbs for added flavor.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
What elements of this dish work together to create a delicious and nutritious meal?
The combination of baked eggs, avocado, and bacon offers a delicious and nutritious meal. The eggs provide protein, while the avocado and bacon add healthy fats. The flavors all work together to create a delicious, balanced meal.
The creamy texture of the avocado helps to bind all of the flavors together. The smoky flavor of the bacon combines with the richness of the eggs and the mellow creaminess of the avocado to create a unique and delicious dish. This simple combination is also easy to prepare and offers a healthy and satisfying meal.
The eggs provide a substantial dose of protein, which is essential for maintaining energy levels and aiding in muscle growth. The healthy fats found in the avocado and bacon help to keep you feeling full and energized throughout the day. The addition of bacon also adds flavor and texture to the dish.
Overall, the combination of baked eggs, avocado, and bacon is a tasty and nutritious meal. The combination of flavors and textures creates a unique and delicious dish. The protein and healthy fats found in each ingredient also provide essential nutrients for optimal health and wellness. This dish is simple to prepare and offers a balanced and satisfying meal.
What dietary restrictions does this breakfast dish accommodate?
This tasty breakfast dish of baked eggs in avocado with bacon is suitable for those following a gluten-free, low-carbohydrate, and/or paleo diet.
The dish is gluten-free because it does not contain any wheat or wheat-based products. Additionally, the dish is low-carbohydrate because the only source of carbohydrates is from the avocado. Finally, the dish is paleo-friendly because it does not contain any processed foods or added sugars.
The dish is also dairy-free, meaning it is suitable for those with a dairy intolerance or those who opt to avoid dairy in their diet. The only source of fat in the dish is from the bacon, making it an excellent option for ketogenic and/or low-fat diets.
For those seeking a nutritious vegan option, the dish can be modified by omitting the bacon and replacing it with a plant-based protein source such as tempeh or seitan.
Overall, this dish is an excellent option for those adhering to a variety of dietary restrictions, including gluten-free, low-carbohydrate, paleo, dairy-free, ketogenic, and vegan diets.